Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Is it time to seriously consider a replacement at HC?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #31
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Re: Is it time to seriously consider a replacement at HC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
If not Gruden then who?
I think it has to be someone offensive minded. Not sure if DeFilippo is everything everyone says he is but he's on my short list along with Dan Campbell. DeFilippo is more of a gamble here but has more upside. He did well with Wentz and Foles last year. Has done well with Cousins this year but his stint with the Browns didn't go so well. That said, I think at worst he's an even swap for Gruden, at best he's Sean McVay.

Campbell is someone I've been surprised we haven't heard more from since taking over as interim head coach in Miami a few years back. He is a Parcells guy and players seem to respond to him. He wasn't ready in 2015 but I think having a few years of watching Sean Payton should only help. He's likely not going to be the next McVay but I'd gladly take the next Sean Payton..
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Before we make any upgrades to the Head Coaching position, Bruce Allen has to go.It is time. Bruce Allen was hired on 12/17/2009. In a few days he will have been here 9 years.
The long list of bad decisions made in just this past off-season in trades, free agency and the resigning of veterans on our roster too long to list.
The new GM should have a say in who is head coach.
I have started to be OK with the idea Doug Williams being GM.
Yup...Im in favor of the GM coming in and looking around, giving Gruden another year just to take inventory.

If it isn't working...then New HC and new QB decisions can be made at the sametime.

In the meantime, build up the running game, add a skilled WR and bring in young guys in the secondary & ILBs.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #33
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol Allen has failed repeatedly at trying to fill the QB spot, the Cousins debacle alone is a huge strike against him
How much was the Cousins debacle on Snyder for giving RG3 the keys to the city and forcing Shanny to play him over Kirk? I think Kirk was long gone unless the Redskins paid him way more than anyone else offered.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jay and Bruce's jobs are on the line the rest of the season and if they keep BA and fire Jay we will know he's never getting canned due to Dan and his relationship.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
How much was the Cousins debacle on Snyder for giving RG3 the keys to the city and forcing Shanny to play him over Kirk? I think Kirk was long gone unless the Redskins paid him way more than anyone else offered.
Kirk was open to doing a deal in 2016 at $19.5M per. The Skins balked. That was a mistake. Imagine having him right now for $19.5M?
Old 11-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #36
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yup...Im in favor of the GM coming in and looking around, giving Gruden another year just to take inventory.

If it isn't working...then New HC and new QB decisions can be made at the sametime.

In the meantime, build up the running game, add a skilled WR and bring in young guys in the secondary & ILBs.
That's about where I'm at as well. I like Gruden, he's been a huge step-up from what we had and I really think he can be a winner in this league. But he can't do it all. He's drafting, developing and coaching. Give him somebody who he trusts to make some picks and let him focus on JUST coaching.

A smart owner would do exactly as you said. Pick a competent GM (easier said than done), let him come in and see what he likes/dislikes and then make the moves he sees necessary, a la Dorsey in Cleveland.

I'm afraid we're going to end up with Doug Williams leading the organization through an over-haul and I just don't have any confidence in him at this point.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #37
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Kirk was open to doing a deal in 2016 at $19.5M per. The Skins balked. That was a mistake. Imagine having him right now for $19.5M?
Hindsight is 20/20 but they definitely blew that one. I remember being on board with the first Tag. He had played half a season of good football, no harm no foul. Next year he goes out puts up great stats and i'm of the mind we're going to sign him at a reasonably larger contract due to him proving he's an NFL QB.

Then a second tag? Bruce, what the hell man? What's the explanation?

I'm at peace with the Cousins situation. It happened, it's over, we're moving on. I'm just afraid a lot of folks around here forgot what it's like to go YEARS without a competent QB. I don't wanna go back to that.

My biggest fear is we go into the off-season this year or the next with Bruce still VP, Doug as the GM, no QB and a head-coach vacancy. Who's gonna take that job??
Old 11-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #38
MTK
\m/

If this alone doesn't make you love Doug I don't know what will

Doug Williams says Adrian Peterson’s Redskins visit caught Daniel Snyder and Bruce Allen off guard
Old 11-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
This. And that interference set the qb position back more than anything BA has done.

That said, I'm not going to cry if he leaves, as long as it doesn't bring back DS into the football structure.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:02 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
We'd still be losing games to his fumbles and bad decisions. He wasn't the answer either truthfully. In hindsight, we should have gotten a qb from last seasons' top 4.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Don't know how it makes me feel about DW, but it says DS still needs that buffer guy. The Director of Player Personnel gets pulled into the principal's office because he was doing due diligence in his job. Eff that. If he brings a guy in and he wants to sign him, ok the guy who pays the bills needs to know. But this article makes it sound like DS was upset that he didn't know they were looking at AP. Talk about having to looking over your shoulders all the time. That's not good.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #42
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Don't know how it makes me feel about DW, but it says DS still needs that buffer guy. The Director of Player Personnel gets pulled into the principal's office because he was doing due diligence in his job. Eff that. If he brings a guy in and he wants to sign him, ok the guy who pays the bills needs to know. But this article makes it sound like DS was upset that he didn't know they were looking at AP. Talk about having to looking over your shoulders all the time. That's not good.
This was the thing that bothered me most about that article.. "Bruce has a right to know if I don’t make a move, if I say something, whatever, I’ll tell Bruce. Bruce will tell Dan.”

I've worked under a number of managers throughout my career. Some good, some bad. But 90% of the time when you have a manager who is scared to let you talk to "his" boss without going through him, you have real organizational problems. Good organizations don't operate like that. If you are that high up the food chain but can't speak directly to Dan Snyder without going to Bruce? I don't know.. That doesn't sound like an open communication, team focused, organization.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:32 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

Anyone ever heard of chain of command? That’s how it works for me as a federal employee.

I think context is helpful for this article, the way Doug tells the story leaves you with a much different view of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm just done w/ Bruce and Jay. Bruce for obvious reasons, Jay because he isn't HC material. Jay should be a position coach . I'm not even all that impressed w/ him as a OC/playcaller.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #45
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Anyone ever heard of chain of command? That’s how it works for me as a federal employee.

I think context is helpful for this article, the way Doug tells the story leaves you with a much different view of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait.. are you telling me the Federal government is a model of good management? Good open communication, team focused? Come on Matt...