Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Post email: Defense Keeps Everyone Guessing

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #16
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

In that case, Ade Jimoh did better than any other Redskin last week.

Certainly secured a roster spot in my opinion!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

More reactions to the Skins pass D getting shredded by the Rams:

"That's just BS if you really want to know. Excuse my French," Smoot said, adding that the Redskins played only a basic defense without any of the wrinkles that will be employed during the regular season. "We were real vanilla while they were real uptight about the butt whipping they had taken the week before that and didn't put up a point. They were bringing out their midseason plays. I can't wait to see them in the playoffs."
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:20 AM   #18
bedlamVR
Special Teams

It will be interesting to see the effects of the TC methods compared the last two years where essentially we shot our load in preseason and stugled to adapt after week three.

Williams always tends to put out a kiss ass D or did with the Bills and unlike Lewis is not looking to leave town for the first HC post out there.
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:06 AM   #19
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Marvin Lewis was more than deserving of a head coaching job and I can't blame him for it. Greg Williams went through a rough stint at Buffalo, and get's paid more than most head coaches. He'll take over for Gibbs when he retires.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:34 AM   #20
Defensewins
Playmaker

I am irked that Williams is calling Bowen his starting safety. I am not sure if I am missing something, but Williams called out Sean Taylor in the media early this preseason and said Sean needed to "Earn" his starting position. I guess the same rules do not apply to Bowen. I am not sure how Bowen has earned his starting position. Every game I have seen him play, he has looked average to terrible. I guess he gets his starting position because of his veteran status and that he has a fairly big contract. He must really look good in practice, because his level of play in the real games is lacking. I can not remember a single outstanding play Bowen hs made this preseason or last year for that matter.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:40 AM   #21
That Guy
Living Legend

bowen is a monster in practice, always getting picks and hitting people hard... too bad he chokes on game day.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #22
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Does anybody get the impression that the coaches actually wanted the Rams game to turn out like that...to use as a learning experience for the players? Yeah, it's hard to believe that they would want to lose a game, even in preseason, but now it gives them something to look back on and say "do we want to be embarassed like that again?" Just a thought....
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:31 AM   #23
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
I am irked that Williams is calling Bowen his starting safety. I am not sure if I am missing something, but Williams called out Sean Taylor in the media early this preseason and said Sean needed to "Earn" his starting position. I guess the same rules do not apply to Bowen. I am not sure how Bowen has earned his starting position. Every game I have seen him play, he has looked average to terrible. I guess he gets his starting position because of his veteran status and that he has a fairly big contract. He must really look good in practice, because his level of play in the real games is lacking. I can not remember a single outstanding play Bowen hs made this preseason or last year for that matter.
Hallelujah!

Amen and Amen.

Preach on, Brother Defensewins!!!
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #24
bedlamVR
Special Teams

i think the one notable thing Bowen did was lay the smack on trung and knocked him out of the team ....eventually... is there asny sightings of Spurriers selected back Trung?
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote