Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-30-2018, 03:22 PM   #211
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

ALEX SMITH and moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Cousins played great for 1 quarter.

The other 3 quarters he managed 3 fumble(2 recovered on back to back plays) and 3 points total.

KC was in full Checkdown Charlie mode for the first 3 quarters of the game (3 PTS!) with only 4 completions to Garcon and Jackson.

It took a 10pt deficit to get him to open things up.

What about the final game in that season where we absolutely needed a win for a shot at the playoffs?

First 3 quarters, 3 Pts. One completed pass to Garcon/Jackson. Notice a trend here?

I wish KC well but he isn't on my team anymore so F him!

He also never did shit for us. No playoff wins or 10 win seasons.

F that guy.

No. It was an absolute defensive gem of a game, and Our oline, st’s was terrible. We missed an easy fg. We had terrible penalties. BUT KC came through in crunch time. Anyway I already said I think Smith will fit better in Grudens offense. I was simply pointing out a dome game that Cousins didn’t lose - quite the contrary- he almost won for us- based on C Reds theory that he would be terrible in Minny based on his dome record. I was in no way lamenting letting him go.
Also you are going to take two games, and cry trend? Come on. Cousins was terrible in the first three quarters of games now? Based on your F that guy comment the only trend I see is that you are not a fan. Lol
Edit - i was a huge KC fan while he was here. Now im a huge Smith fan. But all this Cousins is the reason we lost for the last few years or never won a playoff game is garbage. We had NO run game. We had NO defense. We were undisciplined as hell. Grudens play calling was suspect to say the least. Injuries were ridiculous. But again since the switch at quarterback ive been nothing but optimistic about the future so....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-30-2018, 03:25 PM   #212
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: ALEX SMITH and moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Ok so he fumbled. Lol. Maybe his o- line was terrible. Maybe it was a loud ass stadium. Bottom line is he outplayed Stafford, and had a great game. He led us on a drive at the end of the game and than our D folded with a minute left. He completed 80 percent of his freaking passes and threw for over 300. So it wasn’t dink and dunk.
Clearly his statline gives you a chubby but here is the game log.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1610230det.htm

Not one completed deep pass in the first 3 Qtrs!
Captain Pad his stats strikes again!

I wonder if he is actually going to play QB for 4 quarters in Minnesota?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #213
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Clearly his statline gives you a chubby but here is the game log.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1610230det.htm

Not one completed deep pass in the first 3 Qtrs!

Captain Pad his stats strikes again!

I wonder if he is actually going to play QB for 4 quarters in Minnesota?

Absolutely unreal that you think that was a bad game by Cousins or that im being told i have a hard on for KC. Lol. Do you remember the game? I do. Both defenses played out of their minds the first three quarters. What was thought to be a shootout was the exact opposite until quarter four. And for the last time this is all based on C Reds comment that KC going to a dome team spells disaster. But i get it KC is the reason we have sucked for the last few years. Absolute nonsense.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #214
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Just as important, AS can play on our crappy field (well Wembly)

though not in a dome
Record 7-6
Comp % 61.88
TD/INT 8-12
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #215
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Just as important, AS can play on our crappy field (well Wembly)

No doubt his legs add another dimension, and he is much more careful with the ball. Again I think Cousins will thrive with the offense Minny runs and those wr’s. I think Smith will thrive in our offense. So even though I think Cousins put us on his back in crunch time in some game in a dome in 2016 I think Smith will excel in our offense. Ive said several times in several different threads since the change that we will be better for it. Not because KC was bad, but we aren’t a gun slinger offense. Guice is a real key to the upcoming season. If he is the game changer I think he will be our offense is going to be methodic, precise, and efficient as hell. HTTR
Old 05-30-2018, 03:51 PM   #216
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Our O will be one of the best on 3rd down
Old 05-30-2018, 03:54 PM   #217
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No. It was an absolute defensive gem of a game, and Our oline, st’s was terrible. We missed an easy fg. We had terrible penalties. BUT KC came through in crunch time. Anyway I already said I think Smith will fit better in Grudens offense. I was simply pointing out a dome game that Cousins didn’t lose - quite the contrary- he almost won for us- based on C Reds theory that he would be terrible in Minny based on his dome record. I was in no way lamenting letting him go.
Also you are going to take two games, and cry trend? Come on. Cousins was terrible in the first three quarters of games now? Based on your F that guy comment the only trend I see is that you are not a fan. Lol
Look dude, Kirk is gone. It wasn't meant to be. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

For the record I like KC and think he is a good QB, around 10th best in the league if I had to rank him.
He is conservative and a "process" guy, this shouldn't be news to anyone. those two games are just for the first two examples that come to mind, we all remember that hearbreaking giants game.

He is going to a 13-3 team who has young talent at RB and WR.
There's no excuses for him.
With that said, I don't care how he does in Minnesotas Dome!
F that guy because he isn't my guy!

I agree that AS is a good fit for Grudens system and he is a San Diego guy so he has to be awesome!
Old 05-30-2018, 04:01 PM   #218
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Look dude, Kirk is gone. It wasn't meant to be. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

For the record I like KC and think he is a good QB, around 10th best in the league if I had to rank him.

He is conservative and a "process" guy, this shouldn't be news to anyone. those two games are just for the first two examples that come to mind, we all remember that hearbreaking giants game.

He is going to a 13-3 team who has young talent at RB and WR.

There's no excuses for him.

With that said, I don't care how he does in Minnesotas Dome!

F that guy because he isn't my guy!

I agree that AS is a good fit for Grudens system and he is a San Diego guy so he has to be awesome!

Wow. Im not sure how much clearer i can be about saying that i think Smith is the better quarterback for us. Lol. I cant bold the first sentence of your reply (cant be done on my phone, or maybe i dont know how) or i would have. I was one of KC’s biggest fans on this board WHILE HE WAS HERE. Since than, I have been nothing but optimistic about Smith and our future. Do I have to say “fuck that guy” to make you believe that me and my chubby are over it and moving on? Because I wont. I am not going to curse him now that he is gone. He was the best quarterback we had in twenty years. But I challenge u to find one post i have made since he left where I complained in any way about it.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #219
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Absolutely unreal that you think that was a bad game by Cousins or that im being told i have a hard on for KC. Lol. Do you remember the game? I do. Both defenses played out of their minds the first three quarters. What was thought to be a shootout was the exact opposite until quarter four. And for the last time this is all based on C Reds comment that KC going to a dome team spells disaster. But i get it KC is the reason we have sucked for the last few years. Absolute nonsense.
He did not have a great game, he had a great quarter.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #220
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Wow. Im not sure how much clearer i can be about saying that i think Smith is the better quarterback for us. Lol. I cant bold the first sentence of your reply (cant be done on my phone, or maybe i dont know how) or i would have. I was one of KC’s biggest fans on this board WHILE HE WAS HERE. Since than, I have been nothing but optimistic about Smith and our future. Do I have to say “fuck that guy” to make you believe that me and my chubby are over it and moving on? Because I wont. I am not going to curse him now that he is gone. He was the best quarterback we had in twenty years. But I challenge u to find one post i have made since he left where I complained in any way about it.
The odd thing is I agree with you.
Not sure where we got side tracked.

I just couldn't accept anyone saying KC had a great game against detroit.
That's my only issue.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #221
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
He did not have a great game, he had a great quarter.

Since when do we decide who had a great game based on individual quarters. I dont care when he had a 107 rating, was 30-39, threw for 300 yards, and ran up the gut for 19 yards and a TD, threw for one td and 0 picks in a loud ass road game against a good team. Dont care if it was in one quarter, or four.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #222
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The odd thing is I agree with you.

Not sure where we got side tracked.

I just couldn't accept anyone saying KC had a great game against detroit.

That's my only issue.

We got side tracked when C Red trolled us with a dome game stat. Lol. I was simply pointing one out that we lost and the loss was definitely not on Cousins. Our ST shit the bed. We had terrible penalties and our defense folded like a cheap lawn chair after KC went on what should have been a game winning drive. Anyway moving on we both agree that the future is bright and AS “should” thrive in DC.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:17 PM   #223
calia
Playmaker

Why are we (and be we, I mean not me) debating whether Cousins had a good game or good quarter against Detroit 3 years ago? Perhaps we should re-title this thread "Alex Smith and Moving On."

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along. move along.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #224
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

KC sucks ass. Cannot play in a dome. Every loss we had while he was here was his responsibility based on either poor play or a lack of leadership.

He was terrible in the Detroit game and the loss was all his fault.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #225
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Why are we (and be we, I mean not me) debating whether Cousins had a good game or good quarter against Detroit 3 years ago? Perhaps we should re-title this thread "Alex Smith and Moving On."

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along. move along.

Ask C-Red. Lol. I made the mistake of looking into a peculiar stat he threw out there. It is the first and last time i look into peculiar stats. Trust me.