Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Other Sports

Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #76
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I think they should take the restricter plates off for Talledega...they don't hit the brakes there anyway.
So do I, but they're too concerned about safety. The plate is here to stay.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #77
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
i'm pretty sure that i'm not a fan. i've tried watching soccer before,sometimes there's just nothing good on tv,even then i can only watch about 5 min. or so. i just find it too boring. i'm like that with other sports as well, i have a hard time watching baseball, golf and a few other sports to go along with soccer. hell, i even have a hard time watching a whole nascar race without falling asleep or something.
Yeah I know, I was just rocking ESPN's ad slogan.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #78
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So do I, but they're too concerned about safety. The plate is here to stay.
Yeah, I think it's good for most races...but what's the difference between 210 mph or 197 mph? They say it's for the safety of the fans...HUH?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #79
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Quote:
Crazy Earnhardt fans. I don't like the Jeffrosexual, but geesh, people...get over it...he's gone. Ol' Dale won most of his races dirty by shoving people into walls. None of today's drivers: Gordon, Stewart even drunken Michael Waltrip are anywhere near as dirty as Earnhardt was. I can't stand Gordon, but he's won at every level of racing since he was a kid, he does have talent underneath that hair gel.

I was a BIG Bill Elliott fan back in the day...there's a classy driver (also holds the record for fastest lap ever @ 212.8 MPH and it will stand forever because of restrictor plates).

I can't change my opinions about someone just because they die...it would be dishonest.

Right--throwing beer cans was very much in the mold of Sr, even if he wouldn't condone it today, he liked Gordon, etc. He DROVE like a guy who would throw a beercan at you (or anything else that he had available), even if you were at SBF's BBQ contest. At least that's my recollection. Maybe he was a sweet guy off the track, but he makes Stewart look like a driver's ed instructor. They don't drive like that anymore. (For the record, I am AGAINST throwing things at sporting events, except seat cushions at skins playoff games! )

Soccer is a good sport for ESPN, because the big American Sports are much more expensive to get, and there's always a few (or many) soccer nuts (like myself) who will watch a game. For the record, FOX is kicking ESPN's ass in this department. Smoot, what's up with that?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #80
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Right--throwing beer cans was very much in the mold of Sr, even if he wouldn't condone it today, he liked Gordon, etc. He DROVE like a guy who would throw a beercan at you (or anything else that he had available), even if you were at SBF's BBQ contest. At least that's my recollection. Maybe he was a sweet guy off the track, but he makes Stewart look like a driver's ed instructor. They don't drive like that anymore. (For the record, I am AGAINST throwing things at sporting events, except seat cushions at skins playoff games! )

Soccer is a good sport for ESPN, because the big American Sports are much more expensive to get, and there's always a few (or many) soccer nuts (like myself) who will watch a game. For the record, FOX is kicking ESPN's ass in this department. Smoot, what's up with that?
What's up with what? FOX vs. ESPN in terms of soccer?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #81
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Yes--FOX sports seems (to me anyhow) to have better soccer programming across the board (except for MLS, I suppose). But maybe I'm out of touch, and it does seem that ESPN's on the rise. But Fox's premiership coverage is great, and I think that's the best to watch.

(Of course, I never assumed you had anything to do with this, but I am in the midst of some heavy duty procrastination, so I asked... )
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #82
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Yes--FOX sports seems (to me anyhow) to have better soccer programming across the board (except for MLS, I suppose). But maybe I'm out of touch, and it does seem that ESPN's on the rise. But Fox's premiership coverage is great, and I think that's the best to watch.

(Of course, I never assumed you had anything to do with this, but I am in the midst of some heavy duty procrastination, so I asked... )
I'm peripherally involved with soccer. I'd just say that we are on the rise and hope to close the gap sooner than later
Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #83
jdlea
Playmaker

I started to really like Soccer last summer during the World Cup. I tried to equate the feeling when someone's making a run in soccer to the feeling I get when I see a deep ball go up from a QB. Also, guys who can handle the ball the way Ronaldhino can are just fun to watch.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #84
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

If you like Ronaldhino, start watching Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United. He's sick when it comes to ball handling.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #85
Monkeydad
Living Legend

When did they start playing soccer on the track at Talledega?
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #86
Lady Brave
The Starter

Quote:
They play it in the infield now. They tried playing it on the track, but one team had a distinct advantage over the other because of the inclines.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #87
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
When has a thread not been hijacked by a mod?

I patiently await my 3 month ban.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote