Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Washington Capitals 2011-2012 Ongoing Thread

I hope this is the jinx we need.

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #137
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Ok, lets bump this thread to the top again. Man, the Rangers are pissing me off. Already have tickets for third round on sale. ( I know, supposedly they all do, but I have not seen round 3 ticket sales add for the CAPS).

Now if you go looking there media has interviewed the Rangers and asked what they need to do to win game 7? .... what, they don't want to ask the Caps the same question?

Five reasons to have faith as Rangers go into Game 7 - Rangers vs Capitals - 2012 Stanley Cup Conference Semifinals

I guess the media has forgotten that the Caps have played better away from home. Plus sooner or later all those cross bar hits Ovi has should start going in the net.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #138
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

**** this shit. When are they ever going to make it past the second ****ing round? **** the stupid ****ing Rangers.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #139
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Ah, the sweet sound of normalcy reasserting itself again. A toast to the continued failure of the Sore of Washington, the Crapitals.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #140
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Tough loss for the Caps tonight. Hey, at least they got past the first round this year..lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #141
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I see some ignorant Cap fans around running about on the internet. Check this quote out.

Quote:
Not showing up in game 7. What a ******* surprise. I don't even know why I bother to watch.
Did this guy forget about the 1st round of the playoffs in Game 7 against the Bruins?

Quote:
We choked away Game 5. Tonight we were just outplayed.

Series should have ended in 6 in our favor. **** you Joel Ward.

Washington: still Loserville
..and this guy. Doesn't he know if it wasn't for Joel Ward, they wouldn't even made it to the 2nd round...lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #142
redskins5044
Playmaker

Yeah I don't understand of those fans complaining. The caps played tough and with heart. They just lost to a better team, in a game 7 if this was a caps team of the past they would have gotten swept.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #143
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I see some ignorant Cap fans around running about on the internet. Check this quote out.

Did this guy forget about the 1st round of the playoffs in Game 7 against the Bruins?

..and this guy. Doesn't he know if it wasn't for Joel Ward, they wouldn't even made it to the 2nd round...lol
Yeah... I'm still pissed about the loss, but come on. Putting this on Joel Ward or talking about not showing up in game 7's when we had to win one to get this far is dumb. This playoff series was way better than years' past. Just a frustrating set of circumstances that led to this.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #144
mredskins
MVP

"Caps lose a tough one to the Rangers. Washington DC bar immediately starts chanting 'RGIII! RGIII!' ... #footballseasonyet?''

-- @RapSheet, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, hard at work in a bar, Touchdown, on U Street in our nation's capital Saturday night, moments after the Rangers ended the Capitals' season.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #145
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ovechkin: "The leaders in this group have to be together" | Washington Examiner

Looks like Ove was calling out kids here.

Quote:
“Well, I don’t know, first of all, who's going to be the coach next year. But I think, like, the leaders in this group have to be together and don't look at, like, you know – don’t be, sometimes, like, you know, I don't know how to much explain better, but sometimes you don't have to be jealous. You know, like, I don't want to say, like, it was a jealousy situation for us, but sometimes you just have to be a group together. It was, how I said after the game, it was best team I played in the Capitals. But after the loss you just thinking and you, like, you have to be together all the time. It doesn’t matter, like, if you lose or you win. ”
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #146
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Great win for the boys tonight!! Game 7 in the Big Apple on Saturday!

And man, Tortorella is such a douche bag.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #147
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The Hangover: A Final Look at Hunter Hockey

Good wrapup of the "Hunter Hockey" era here in DC. I was hoping Hunter would stay, but the article makes good points. I hope our next coach is able to combine the best qualities of Bruce B. and Hunter.