tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #47
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
agreed. id love to see how we would do against the big boys mid season rather than the first game of the year. we really suck or lose early on (alabama, ECU, LSU, USC...) all since 2004.

also, i was reading on another message board but it made me think...how similar does the ending of this game feel to the BC loss with matt ryan a few years back in blacksburg? blowing a late lead like that to a top 5 team. hurts. i was at that game.
I guess all I want is a little respect from the national media. Instead, you go on Twitter and you find people that are putting down Boise State by saying they just beat a team that consistently chokes against bowl teams. About VT's 1-27 record (or something like that) against top 5 teams. About mentioning last year losing to 'Bama, the year before that to ECU, and the year before that LSU. Can't forget the BC game either against Matt Ryan.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #48
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I never understood playing 15 yards off the WR during the 2 minute drill. Some people call it the prevent D. I call it the prevent victory D.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #49
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If I was a destructive type person, I'd be destroying my room right now. Another season over, another season where barely the first week gets by and I already know VT is stuck for another year of hovering around the top 15 but they will not be in contention for a title.

It's painful for me to watch Kellen Moore drive his team down the field in about a minute to score a game winning touchdown with no timeouts, then when the Hokies have the same opportunity it's long failed bombs and incomplete passes. I'll just let the smilies express the frustration I can't put into words right now.

:frusty:: cussing:
Tell me this didn't feel like watching any Skins game the past 4-5 years... Seeing horse-teeth drive down for a late winning TD was like Romo to Williams...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #50
FRPLG
MVP

I'll probably get murdered for this but Tech's problem is that their in-game coaching is embarrassing. Bud Foster must go to sleep at night wondering what the hell the rest of the coaching staff was thinking. He seems to be the only one who can actually coach during the game. Everyone else is seriously a shit storm. Their offensive playcalling is pathetic. Their decision making as a team is just stupid. Why the hell they throw on 3 and 8 25 yards down field is mind blowing. Then when they get the ball back there is no attempt to work their way down the field (even though they have two timeouts and decent field position.) They just send everyone on fly patterns and posts. In the NFL Beamer would get fired for that crap.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

Its not that VT always looses these big games in the begining of the season they loose them any time they are played. I like Beamer but he and his team choke away all these games and that's why they have that 1/27 record. Beamer would not even be a house hold name without MIchael Vick and just a little above average college coach.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #52
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

That was one of the best days of football in the state of Maryland for as long as I can recall...still, go Hawkeyes!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #53
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
is anyone really surprised that we blew another early season game? tech had me fooled for a minute, but the second that we didnt convert that 3rd down and had to punt to give boise the ball back, boise became the heavy, and i mean extremely heavy favorite. pissed off that this continues to happen. late game self-destruction.
Yeah I'm thankful I'm not a Va Tech fan. Every year they are in the preseason discussion as a title contender and they ALWAYS disappoint.

What a great game that was last night. I don't see how Boise doesn't run the table now.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #54
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah I'm thankful I'm not a Va Tech fan. Every year they are in the preseason discussion as a title contender and they ALWAYS disappoint.

What a great game that was last night. I don't see how Boise doesn't run the table now.
I think the BCS championship is Boise State's to lose now. Unless they stumble, which is possible, they have the inside track.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #55
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think the BCS championship is Boise State's to lose now. Unless they stumble, which is possible, they have the inside track.
Except for the fact that they will get their ass handed to them by whichever SEC team they play.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #56
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Except for the fact that they will get their ass handed to them by whichever SEC team they play.
This.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post

At least Tech plays contenders and not weak schedules like others. People forget Tech played and lost to 3 tough opponents outside their conference in the last 5 years that went on to win national championship that year: LSU, USC, and Alabama. In the latter two, just like last night, they held there own no problem. LSU game they got mopped. Tech is PROVEN they can play with anybody in the country.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #58
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
At least Tech plays contenders and not weak schedules like others. People forget Tech played and lost to 3 tough opponents outside their conference in the last 5 years that went on to win national championship that year: LSU, USC, and Alabama. In the latter two, just like last night, they held there own no problem. LSU game they got mopped. Tech is PROVEN they can play with anybody in the country.
Good point, I'm tired of seeing teams play powder puffs.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #59
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Exactly.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not exactly...SEC is a great conference no doubt, but this aura of invincibility that it has acquired over the last 5 years is laughable. Jacksonville State comes to mind against a solid SEC team this past weekend. Right now Boise State could beat every SEC team, Alabama is one squad where they would have the most problem. But I remember when Utah...yes Utah rolled up Bama like a carpet year b4 last at the Sugar Bowl. Boise State was sloppy againt Tech yesterday as well...there gonna be a well oiled machine by the end of year...ask a very very good Oklahoma team several years ago how Boise State plays in Bowls...An assumption like any SEC team beating Boise State right now is humerous to say the least

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote