Official 2011 College Football Thread

Other Sports

Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Here you go guys...check out the Terps unis.

Streaming Online - WatchESPN
Somebody should tell them football isn't Nascar.

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #32
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Theyre horrible. I like the no names on the back team first thing, but they are horrible.
first not sure if it's new but the whole time i was watching the wvu game leadin up to the storm they kept talking about lighting strikes withing 6 miles, from now on if there is a lighting strike within six miles of a stadioum game is postponed for 30 minutes minimum. the rule seems a bit over kill, and the worst part is they haven't really figured out what to do when the game is postponed. when the wvu game was stopped they had everyone huddled in the tunnles just waiting. then the two schools AD's have to get together and decide if they want to call it. it's def somthing that needs to be addressed asap.

now as far as md's uni's they are complete crap and very distracting, somthing tells me they will change, i hope these were just a one time deal. and as for no name on the back i couldn't disagree with you more. in college football the players change every year and i like having the names on the back so it's easier to identify a player. georgia did somthing even more annoying imo though by putting georgia on everyones name plate, that was even worse than the no name.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Terps new look is awful, just awful
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #34
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Terps new look is awful, just awful
Wait! What? You are joking right?

My buddy works at Under Armor and they have been getting slammed all day about complaints about the uniforms.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wait! What? You are joking right?

My buddy works at Under Armor and they have been getting slammed all day about complaints about the uniforms.
I mean honestly, how does something like that get past the idea phase?

Unless they were trying to win an ugliest uniform contest, it's a complete fail.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
first not sure if it's new but the whole time i was watching the wvu game leadin up to the storm they kept talking about lighting strikes withing 6 miles, from now on if there is a lighting strike within six miles of a stadioum game is postponed for 30 minutes minimum. the rule seems a bit over kill, and the worst part is they haven't really figured out what to do when the game is postponed. when the wvu game was stopped they had everyone huddled in the tunnles just waiting. then the two schools AD's have to get together and decide if they want to call it. it's def somthing that needs to be addressed asap.

now as far as md's uni's they are complete crap and very distracting, somthing tells me they will change, i hope these were just a one time deal. and as for no name on the back i couldn't disagree with you more. in college football the players change every year and i like having the names on the back so it's easier to identify a player. georgia did somthing even more annoying imo though by putting georgia on everyones name plate, that was even worse than the no name.

Yeah, what was weird is they kept saying 7 miles away, then changed it to 6 but would also say 6.75 or something..... Then they said the storm was continuing its path North West but that the stadium was south of the storm. Then they cut the game off. They definitely need to do something about coming up with a better way of handling it. I was watching on espn3 (its officially crunch time for the whole no cable thing) which made it even harder to figure out what was going on.

It is hard as hell to keep up with players when their names arnt on the jerseys in college, but I still prefer it.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

At first I didn't like the new Maryland uniforms, but they've grown on me. I think moreso that there are a lot of people who don't like them than anything else. I think if you take the helmet out of the equation, the uniform is quite sharp. I like the fact that they are completely different and UA thought outside the box on them. And quite honestly, I like them better than what Nike puts Oregon in...

With that said, Edsall said the captains decide on the uniform combinations each week, but that he made the decision last night. UA and the AD got what they wanted. National attention to the football program. Everyone has been talking about them, and I'm pretty sure you'll have a select few who tune in just to see what they're wearing next.

I was more impressed with the players wearing the uniforms than the uniforms themselves. Even with Miami missing 8 players, their depth is much stronger than what Maryland can put on the field. Edsall has the Maryland players believing in themselves and that they can beat anyone. Danny O'Brien turned a lot of heads with his performance. If he can cut out the mental errors, he could be a darkhorse Heisman candidate in the next 2 years.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

If they wanted publicity mission accomplished. But still, they are fugly. The helmet is a hot mess.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #39
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

There should be some job vacancies on their.....fashion team today..
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #40
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I was there last night and when they came out in those (they warmed up in the all white unis that were introduced a few weeks ago) the crowd, especially the student section, when nuts. The players have said they liked them a lot, both the look and the way they actually felt which is great because the weather was miserable.

So if the student section loved them, the players were proud of them, and a good portion of the country is talking about them, I think they were a big win.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #41
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Are the Terps' new helmets too much like to those by Charm City Roller Girls? - baltimoresun.com
Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #42
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

God help them if they have a throwback uni...........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Texas A&M Aggies accepted into SEC, but legal threat delays move - ESPN
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Congrats to some of the key local teams this last week. UMD, VT and UVA getting the job done.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I was there last night and when they came out in those (they warmed up in the all white unis that were introduced a few weeks ago) the crowd, especially the student section, when nuts. The players have said they liked them a lot, both the look and the way they actually felt which is great because the weather was miserable.

So if the student section loved them, the players were proud of them, and a good portion of the country is talking about them, I think they were a big win.
Exactly right. Every sports media outlet spent time talking about the University of Maryland yesterday. That hasn't really happened since the basketball team won it all in 2002. UnderArmour is getting bigger and bigger, and this partnership is going to really boost that program. I think Edsall is a great coach, too. Big name recruits are going to start noticing this program soon if they haven't already. I'm a Florida Gator till the day I die, but I like seeing local teams do well.