Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2023, 10:28 AM   #931
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,198
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Outside of

MAHOMES
ALLEN
HURTS
BURROW
LAMAR (HIS SYSTEM)
HERBERT
DAK
KIRK

I think you can say Sam Howell has been in the top 10 this season

Why in the world would you just dump him? It makes no sense. Not saying you guys I'm saying a new GM
A new regime wouldn't dump Howell, but having Howell in the roster will definitely not prevent the new GM from drafting a QB.

Also, the assumption that I'm going with is that the new regime will do a better job at evaluating talent. This means that:

- They will do a better job at filling roster needs through free agency and mid/low draft picks.

- They would do a better job at evaluating a prospective first/high round QB pick.

Some of you talk like we are going to have the same flawed decision makers with the team next year, and that makes no sense.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2023, 03:47 PM   #932
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,949
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
A new regime wouldn't dump Howell, but having Howell in the roster will definitely not prevent the new GM from drafting a QB.

Also, the assumption that I'm going with is that the new regime will do a better job at evaluating talent. This means that:

- They will do a better job at filling roster needs through free agency and mid/low draft picks.

- They would do a better job at evaluating a prospective first/high round QB pick.

Some of you talk like we are going to have the same flawed decision makers with the team next year, and that makes no sense.

Yup. Snyder is gone. It is an attractive organization again. It is crazy how people are acting like the world is ending because of this season. We knew going into this season that nothing was changing except for the name plate on the owners desk. If you are not giddy about next year than you are completely underestimating the shit stain that was Dan Snyder.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 04:42 PM   #933
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 6,260
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yup. Snyder is gone. It is an attractive organization again. It is crazy how people are acting like the world is ending because of this season. We knew going into this season that nothing was changing except for the name plate on the owners desk. If you are not giddy about next year than you are completely underestimating the shit stain that was Dan Snyder.
C'mon, man! Punch, you know that nobody here is underestimating how poor an NFL owner Dan Snyder was. In fact, he was so bad that he's left a residual, if irrational, fear of "What in the world comes next?" in the minds of Washington fans everywhere. We need time to heal.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:02 PM   #934
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,294
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
C'mon, man! Punch, you know that nobody here is underestimating how poor an NFL owner Dan Snyder was. In fact, he was so bad that he's left a residual, if irrational, fear of "What in the world comes next?" in the minds of Washington fans everywhere. We need time to heal.
Snyder to all Redskins fans:

__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:03 PM   #935
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,106
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Really the culprit the last few years has been Ron more so than Dan. I guess Dan gave him the job as long as Ron played along and gave Haskins a chance. That to me is really what set us back more than anything the last several years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #936
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,395
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yup. Snyder is gone. It is an attractive organization again. It is crazy how people are acting like the world is ending because of this season. We knew going into this season that nothing was changing except for the name plate on the owners desk. If you are not giddy about next year than you are completely underestimating the shit stain that was Dan Snyder.
The organization is trending up with DS gone, but literally every position group outside of DT needs an upgrade. We'll have a lot of cap space and a few more draft picks than normal, but I'm tempering my expectations that there will be some glorious turnaround in one year.

A playoff birth is probably the ceiling for 2024 with (likely) a last place schedule on the horizon - IF Sam continues to progress, the O-line is fixed, the defense is fixed, and we hit on some draft picks.

The fact is, it will be new front office, new scouts, new coaches, new schemes, a bunch of new players... that's a lot to put together and expect much. Can it be done? Sure. I'm just not holding my breath for next year's team to be markedly better than this year's team.

IF they are able to hit on GM, HC, DC/OC, free agency, and the draft - then I think 2025 is where the leap will occur.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #937
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,270
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

We really fucked ourselves going defense in the first round of 5 out of the last 6 drafts. 2 players already gone, Forbes having an rough rookie year, Allen/Payne going quiet this year and Jamin Davis looking more unremarkable by the week. Who knows how many years we set ourselves back with that stretch. Next coach has a tough task rebuilding this roster.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 06:03 PM   #938
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,294
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The organization is trending up with DS gone, but literally every position group outside of DT needs an upgrade. We'll have a lot of cap space and a few more draft picks than normal, but I'm tempering my expectations that there will be some glorious turnaround in one year.

A playoff birth is probably the ceiling for 2024 with (likely) a last place schedule on the horizon - IF Sam continues to progress, the O-line is fixed, the defense is fixed, and we hit on some draft picks.

The fact is, it will be new front office, new scouts, new coaches, new schemes, a bunch of new players... that's a lot to put together and expect much. Can it be done? Sure. I'm just not holding my breath for next year's team to be markedly better than this year's team.

IF they are able to hit on GM, HC, DC/OC, free agency, and the draft - then I think 2025 is where the leap will occur.
I'll gladly take a playoff appearance if it's an over .500 record appearance. Not the kind Rivera backed into a few years ago.

Give us playoffs and a punchers chance. HUGE upgrade over our normal dog-ass seasons.

If we win 10 games in 2024, that's a big success, because like you said, we have a lot of holes. But with money, extra picks, and some general competence, it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 07:34 PM   #939
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,395
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, just have to hit on several things and get a little lucky along the way.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 07:55 PM   #940
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,294
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, just have to hit on several things and get a little lucky along the way.
Outside of the top 5ish teams, I think this is true for pretty much everyone. They're all professionals, winning 10 games ain't easy.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:01 PM   #941
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,978
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

https://x.com/alexansimon85/status/1...072014174?s=46


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:05 PM   #942
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,294
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jamf:

__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:21 PM   #943
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,949
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Sam is also playing on a cheap contract. All the talk about new regime wanting their guy is ridiculous.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:44 AM   #944
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,978
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Regardless of what you think about SH / EB , After 12 weeks Sam Howell is still the leagues leading passer.

When is the last time a Washington QB led the league in passing for a whole season? Sam may do that this yr
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:59 AM   #945
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,198
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Regardless of what you think about SH / EB , After 12 weeks Sam Howell is still the leagues leading passer.

When is the last time a Washington QB led the league in passing for a whole season? Sam may do that this yr
But that doesn't mean sh*t when you finish with a record that will garner you a top 5 draft pick.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.12714 seconds with 10 queries