Chris Cooley: Lewis never talks to Campbell

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Chris Cooley: Lewis never talks to Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The main reason Zorn handles the 2-minute drill is because things have to be decided considerably faster during that time and the time it would take Lewis and Meidt to figure out the play, relay it down to the sidelines, and then to Campbell would have taken too long
Why not, just let Campbell run the 2 min drills by himself?
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Why not, just let Campbell run the 2 min drills by himself?
why not have sherm lewis call all the plays into jasons headset? we have to do it the hard way, it's our style

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
why not have sherm lewis call all the plays into jasons headset? we have to do it the hard way, it's our style
I dont know why i never thought of that until now....but you are a genius.

Seriously WTF is the reason why they have to make it soooo complicated????
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #34
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

No one calls plays from upstairs. If the playcaller is upstairs then they relay it to someone on the field. I think it is an NFL rule.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
redbee
Camp Scrub

It is completely bass ackwards. There are very specific run and pass plays that you will try to run in very specific situations. The simplest example for most people to understand is a reverse play when you notice an end starting to slide down the line too often. Or when you want to run a draw on a "passing down" but the Run Coordinator calls for an inside trap to the 2 gap, which would be WTF. Good offenses play the run and pass off of each other...OK, forget that, we're talking the Redskins and frankly, they're not a good offense. Sorry 'Skins fans, you're a good 5 years away from being competitive and that assumes you immediately ditch the owner, GM, several coaches, retool much of your offensive line and find replacements to the underperforming (and some aging) divas like Portis, DeAngelo, Santana, Randel El, Smoot, etc. that are just no longer hungry enough to play. Washington is horribly run and that organization has slowly but surely been driven into the ground. It will take a long time to recover - this is only the beginning...
redbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #36
MTK
\m/

Boom or bust: Redskins are a circus
Old 12-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #37
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The NFL is better when the Redskins are relevant, not a sideshow act. Snyder, as I've written before, needs a clean sweep of the football department. Because this is a new low for professional football.

that about sums it up

ST21
Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #38
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbee View Post
It is completely bass ackwards. There are very specific run and pass plays that you will try to run in very specific situations. The simplest example for most people to understand is a reverse play when you notice an end starting to slide down the line too often. Or when you want to run a draw on a "passing down" but the Run Coordinator calls for an inside trap to the 2 gap, which would be WTF. Good offenses play the run and pass off of each other...OK, forget that, we're talking the Redskins and frankly, they're not a good offense. Sorry 'Skins fans, you're a good 5 years away from being competitive and that assumes you immediately ditch the owner, GM, several coaches, retool much of your offensive line and find replacements to the underperforming (and some aging) divas like Portis, DeAngelo, Santana, Randel El, Smoot, etc. that are just no longer hungry enough to play. Washington is horribly run and that organization has slowly but surely been driven into the ground. It will take a long time to recover - this is only the beginning...
Okay you said "...you're a good 5 years away...", what team are you a fan of ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #39
mlmdub130
Playmaker

and whats woth all the french s in your sig looks like a virus waiting to happen

ST21