Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins O.T.A.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #91
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,434
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Safe to say Sims is set to be a training camp hero yet again


Cam Sims registers yet another standout minicamp
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #92
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pawleys Island SC
Posts: 609
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Checkdown Alex is finished in this league.
So tell me exactly why you feel compelled to denigrate someone who has literally given his right leg to your favorite franchise? While its in keeping with your many other ill considered posts, its still offensive. At least to me.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #93
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,887
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
So tell me exactly why you feel compelled to denigrate someone who has literally given his right leg to your favorite franchise? While its in keeping with your many other ill considered posts, its still offensive. At least to me.
He is just an angry dude. Fuck the Redskins or the cap in terms of Alex, Alex needs to get that leg right, and I hope he does. Alex did nothing but be a great representative for this franchise. As much as we love football, real life is way more important.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #94
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,177
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

was watching the 99 Skins - Boys game last night on NFLN, man we had a good offense that yr.

Brad Johnson
Stephen Davis
Larry Centers
Mike Sellers
Michael Westbrooke
Albert Connell
James Thrash
Stephen Alexander

Number 2 ranked offense in the league behind STL.


OL was decent not great but Jansen was a stud.

That was a fun yr being a Skins fan, I was 12 and thought we were SB Bound until TB...

Also we got swept by Dallas that yr, which the 1st game was a fluke comeback by them.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #95
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,434
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
was watching the 99 Skins - Boys game last night on NFLN, man we had a good offense that yr.

Brad Johnson
Stephen Davis
Larry Centers
Mike Sellers
Michael Westbrooke
Albert Connell
James Thrash
Stephen Alexander

Number 2 ranked offense in the league behind STL.


OL was decent not great but Jansen was a stud.

That was a fun yr being a Skins fan, I was 12 and thought we were SB Bound until TB...

Also we got swept by Dallas that yr, which the 1st game was a fluke comeback by them.
I caught a few minutes of that replay, the offense was definitely amazing that year, just needed a defense and a better kicker and we would have been dangerous
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #96
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,177
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I caught a few minutes of that replay, the offense was definitely amazing that year, just needed a defense and a better kicker and we would have been dangerous
Yep, was glad Brad got his ring in Tampa. He was a good QB and class act
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #97
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,685
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

@CraigHoffman
Gruden says Shaun Dion Hamilton and Fabian Moreau are the two most improved players here.

Glad to hear that SDH has improved from last year. Given the loss of R. Foster, this is good news.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #98
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,177
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
@CraigHoffman
Gruden says Shaun Dion Hamilton and Fabian Moreau are the two most improved players here.

Glad to hear that SDH has improved from last year. Given the loss of R. Foster, this is good news.
Moreau is going to be good for a while.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #99
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,151
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I caught a few minutes of that replay, the offense was definitely amazing that year, just needed a defense and a better kicker and we would have been dangerous


Yeah, lost a close one to TB who lost a close one to STL. We were right in the mix. Loved Connell.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #100
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,151
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
was watching the 99 Skins - Boys game last night on NFLN, man we had a good offense that yr.



Brad Johnson

Stephen Davis

Larry Centers

Mike Sellers

Michael Westbrooke

Albert Connell

James Thrash

Stephen Alexander



Number 2 ranked offense in the league behind STL.





OL was decent not great but Jansen was a stud.



That was a fun yr being a Skins fan, I was 12 and thought we were SB Bound until TB...



Also we got swept by Dallas that yr, which the 1st game was a fluke comeback by them.


Tre Johnson was damn good too on that line,....
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #101
Redskins247
Special Teams
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 444
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
was watching the 99 Skins - Boys game last night on NFLN, man we had a good offense that yr.

Brad Johnson
Stephen Davis
Larry Centers
Mike Sellers
Michael Westbrooke
Albert Connell
James Thrash
Stephen Alexander

Number 2 ranked offense in the league behind STL.


OL was decent not great but Jansen was a stud.

That was a fun yr being a Skins fan, I was 12 and thought we were SB Bound until TB...

Also we got swept by Dallas that yr, which the 1st game was a fluke comeback by them.
Larry Centers was a beast! He had to be one of the best pass catching backs in the league other than Faulk at that time. I remember so many 3rd and short where he'd pick up the first down on a dump off pass. That offense was doing really good things...and then Snyder stepped in and well...y'all know the rest.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #102
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,656
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Moreau is going to be good for a while.
If Moreau really is significantly better you have to be happy with the depth. Dunbar is reportedly fully healthy, so to go three deep with reliable outside corners, plus Moreau's ability to slide inside and the depth of DRC and the promise of Jimmy Moreland as another slot guy, the CB position would be looking up.

Moreau and Dunbar are extremely important players for us. If they show out well the defense will undoubtedly be tough. If they don't, we'll have holes offenses can exploit.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #103
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,177
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If Moreau really is significantly better you have to be happy with the depth. Dunbar is reportedly fully healthy, so to go three deep with reliable outside corners, plus Moreau's ability to slide inside and the depth of DRC and the promise of Jimmy Moreland as another slot guy, the CB position would be looking up.

Moreau and Dunbar are extremely important players for us. If they show out well the defense will undoubtedly be tough. If they don't, we'll have holes offenses can exploit.
On paper you have to say the Skins are a very deep team, there really is no huge hole besides LG but Wes Martin may fix that.

WR isn't great but we have depth there, just not anyone that really stick out.

Deeper than the Giants for sure and about equal to Dallas.

Once Haskins gets going, he's going to be right behind Wentz as the best in the division.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #104
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,151
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Kool aid is flowing. Lol. I hope to hell things turn around this year, but there is a really good chance that by week 5 Ill be thinking wow we are set at d-line and thats about it.
But yeah right now if everyone performs and stays healthy we could be a pretty good team. (Common train of thought in June....)
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #105
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,656
Re: Redskins O.T.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
On paper you have to say the Skins are a very deep team, there really is no huge hole besides LG but Wes Martin may fix that.

WR isn't great but we have depth there, just not anyone that really stick out.

Deeper than the Giants for sure and about equal to Dallas.

Once Haskins gets going, he's going to be right behind Wentz as the best in the division.
That's really the problem in a nutshell - we have no #1 (or even a #2?) that scares defenses. There are some lottery tickets that could hit - Cam Sims? McLaurin? If they hit then we're in business. But until we see it from them - I'm definitely imagining an offense that doesn't threaten the secondary. Coordinators will be willing to stack the box against Guice and Peterson, and willing to blitz and leave corners on an island to challenge the passing game to win under pressure.

It points to a team with zero margin for error. The defense will have to keep us in games, and whether we win or lose will depend largely on whether we have success running the ball against stacked fronts, and whether we can take care of the ball. McCoy and Keenum are known to turn it over. Haskins is a rookie so we have no idea.

We're looking at a ton of close games, 23-21, 20-17, 24-23, stuff like that. Which points to 9-7 if we stay healthy, and 6-10 if we don't. To talk about 10+ wins or more, we have to see something from this WR group we haven't seen before. The lotto ticket needs to hit.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.09201 seconds with 12 queries