Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL uncapped -- Good or bad in your eyes?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #61
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: NFL uncapped -- Good or bad in your eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigSkinsfan61 View Post
all i can say is danny will show em the money
My only issue with the CAP is no matter how high it is......lets say they raise it 50 mill more, DS will eventually sooner rather then later putting us again at our limit leaving us having to figure out how to stay under what ever CAP there is. Without the CAP DS can spend, spend, spend and we don't have to worry about finageling our way under a CAP.

So if DS wants to spend 200 mill then so be it, but under some NFLPA (players)give them 50% of the teams earnings. Maybe find a way to take the first 10% of income off the top (by the NFL) for teams in bad markets and only give it to teams that are generating the lowest. In other words the NFL could take the 10% from the teams in the top 10 or 20 % and give it to the teams in the lowest 10% earnings wise. This would still benifit the teams not making enough money and yet still allow teams to keep and resign valuable players.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #62
Monksdown
The Starter

I don't think prudent planning would make him open up the check book for new players. Didn't someone indicate that the biggest advantage would be our ability to clear out cap penalties? I figured the best move would be to take the top 25% of your salaries, and accelerate their pay mostly into the uncapped year. Fully anticipating a return to the cap, we could create a lot of space by only paying CP, Chris Samuels, etc. minimum salaries in the latter part of their careers as Dan has given them a huge paycheck in the uncapped year. Does that sound realistic?
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #63
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yes, indeed.

I want to punch someone in the face anytime I hear the words 'steroids' and 'baseball' these days. Enough already, please.
steroids' steroids' steroids' steroids' steroids' steroids'
baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #64
Brian Orakpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
steroids' steroids' steroids' steroids' steroids' steroids'
baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball
:FIREdevil

Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #65
ethat001
Impact Rookie

First, the salary cap is a good thing, parity makes things so much more interesting and it makes coaching & strategy so much more important. I want the Redskins to win, but buying all the best players doesn't prove anything..

Btw, if there is one year uncapped does that mean we could accelerate the bonuses on our players to free up cap space for years to come? For example (making up numbers) if we owe Haynesworth a $42 million guaranteed split over 10 years, we pay him $4 million dollars per year on a prorated bonus. In this example -- if there was an uncapped year, could we just pay him $42 million, and then free up $4 million/year if the salary cap returns? If so, I'd *love* to have one uncapped year to pay off all those bonuses and free up cap space..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #66
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
First, the salary cap is a good thing, parity makes things so much more interesting and it makes coaching & strategy so much more important. I want the Redskins to win, but buying all the best players doesn't prove anything..

Btw, if there is one year uncapped does that mean we could accelerate the bonuses on our players to free up cap space for years to come? For example (making up numbers) if we owe Haynesworth a $42 million guaranteed split over 10 years, we pay him $4 million dollars per year on a prorated bonus. In this example -- if there was an uncapped year, could we just pay him $42 million, and then free up $4 million/year if the salary cap returns? If so, I'd *love* to have one uncapped year to pay off all those bonuses and free up cap space..
Im pretty sure that Snyder was thinking of a no capped year when he signed Haynesworth to that monster contract with so much money in the first two years.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #67
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Im pretty sure that Snyder was thinking of a no capped year when he signed Haynesworth to that monster contract with so much money in the first two years.
Agreed. I think this was Exactly his logic. Buy now, pay later under a no cap season..? Am I crazy?