Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Skins Will/Wont Make the Playoffs this coming Season.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Why Skins Will/Wont Make the Playoffs this coming Season.

People are way too high on the Giants, yeah they got Barkley but will ODB be back to the same before that injury? Is the Line a huge upgrade from last yr? They lost some help on the D as well. Eli is old, I'm not sure I'd put them ahead of us or Dallas at this point.

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
People are way too high on the Giants, yeah they got Barkley but will ODB be back to the same before that injury? Is the Line a huge upgrade from last yr? They lost some help on the D as well. Eli is old, I'm not sure I'd put them ahead of us or Dallas at this point.
I think folks are way too high on Green Bay. That defense has a lot to prove and Aaron Rodger is reminding everytime he talks how he didn't like the moves in the FO or the fact they let his boyfriend Jordy leave. I think Seattle and Green Bay are on implode alert. Im also watching the Steelers, Big Ben is the biggest fake-tough of all time...he's a whiner unlike any other...now that they let one of the best O-Cordinators in the game walk...should be fun to see how that goes.

When it comes to under the Radar....San Diego Chargers could be very good this year. Baltimore gonna come back and win double digits this year.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Their line is a huge upgrade from last year. Going from Flowers to Solder and adding Will Hernandez (unless he's a bust) will revitalize their line completely. Add in an effective running game, and Eli will have more time. But that's the rub. For the Giants, it really all comes down to where Eli's skills stand.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Their line is a huge upgrade from last year. Going from Flowers to Solder and adding Will Hernandez (unless he's a bust) will revitalize their line completely. Add in an effective running game, and Eli will have more time. But that's the rub. For the Giants, it really all comes down to where Eli's skills stand.

Yeah adding those two significantly upgrades their line, no doubt
Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'll give u the left side of the line but the right was just as bad last yr.. Again I'm not hating on them I'm just saying to pump the breaks from the media saying they will be a playoff team.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Well, adding a run threat in Barkeley, and I would think Flowers will be an upgrade at RT even if he was not a starting LT caliber player, will improve their lot. Also, they had their own set of injuries, especially in receiving.

They were an 11 win team one season before, so I get the spin on them. I just never get the hate on our Skins.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #37
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well, adding a run threat in Barkeley, and I would think Flowers will be an upgrade at RT even if he was not a starting LT caliber player, will improve their lot. Also, they had their own set of injuries, especially in receiving.

They were an 11 win team one season before, so I get the spin on them. I just never get the hate on our Skins.
We never ever get love from the media, when was the last time someone even predicted us to win the east? I can't recall
Old 06-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #38
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
We never ever get love from the media, when was the last time someone even predicted us to win the east? I can't recall
Why does that matter, they thought the Giants would be good last year,how'ed that turn out? It's the same way everywhere ,except Dallas.....they win the super bowl every year.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I said it previously...I think the entire NFC East had all very good drafts...and really good offseasons in general. I think all the clubs got better and made smart personnel and coaching moves. Gonna be a tough year...looks good on paper, but lets see how it plays out on the field.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #40
Bigreds77
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why does that matter, they thought the Giants would be good last year,how'ed that turn out? It's the same way everywhere ,except Dallas.....they win the super bowl every year.
The Giants are like the Steelers I never count them out
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I feel like it was RG-3’s sophomore season so maybe it is a good thing they dont.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Profootball reference.com had an interesting stat the other day...Cousins/Skins lead the league last year in sack yards lost at 342 yards. Not a shocker given the Oline injuries but also not having a threat in the backfield.

If Guice can come in and take the role as lead RB, it would completely change the offensive dynamic...god I just pray Gruden can finally find it in his brain that the development of the running game is pivotal to the success of Smith and the defense.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We make the playoffs if we win 11+ games. We might make them if we win 9 or 10. We don't make them if we win 8 or less.

Hot takes here. Get your hot takes!!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tandler

"Alex Smith was sharp with both Crowder and Doctson on the shorter routes. He went deep to Paul Richardson, who had smoked Josh Norman and Montae Nicholson. The pass was perfect. 2/3"
Old 06-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

See the reports from all the min camps are glowing and positive and makes the off season that much longer. I refuse to make predictions just to many things can go wrong or happen .