2018 Mock Drafts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #31
WillH
The Starter

Re: 2018 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The Skins can afford to pay Zach Brown what he's worth - probably $7M per - but they just don't want to pay him. Same dumb-ass FO we all know! The guy was a true stud for us, but NO.
I don't agree. Yours is an emotional post, not a rational one.

1. We don't know what they can afford until Cousins is figured out.

2. The FO brought him in on a steal of a deal, and now it seems like they are evaluating what he's worth. Don't you think it's prudent to do those type of evaluations, or should they just sign good players to whatever contract they want? Being prudent with the cap is smart not stupid. Perhaps you are saying that you believe that they will not properly evaluate him because of their intelligence level? Well, in his case, they did a better job of it than 31 other teams last year.

Sooo tired of the mindless blaming of the FO. If you're going to criticize please add something to the conversation, hate for hate sake is exhausting. We get it, they've made mistakes, let's break those mistakes down and compare to others, or evaluate potential future decisions they should make, or drool over potential draft picks or FA, or in this case actually break down what we think a player is worth and why, but please let's spare each other from mindless emotional reactions, it's not a game day thread.

3. I really like him, and at times he was a stud, but he sucks in coverage and without JA our run defense sucked. Ultimately, I think he's an impact player when he has other impact players around him, and even when he doesn't he is a tackling machine. That's probably worth 7 mil, if you have the cap space, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Baker Mayfield: “I will play anywhere that gives me a chance” – ProFootballTalk

My guy has been doubted his whole career, he will continue to prove them wrong.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #33
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Baker Mayfield: “I will play anywhere that gives me a chance” – ProFootballTalk

My guy has been doubted his whole career, he will continue to prove them wrong.
https://youtu.be/07Eke1nZG9o

Watching this I got pretty hyped about Mayfield, but I've been concerned hesitant about him coming from the Big 12, spread offense, etc. This has always been a big arguments about QBs from one of my best friends that is a college football junkie and huge skins fan. Every time one of these prospects has come out in the draft he's said no way, and he's always been right about it. He wants Mayfield over any QB option out there including Cousins (on a top QB contract). Not that this will mean anything top anyone else, but I'm with you man. If we can't resign cousins, I think I'm gonna let myself get hyped and all in with this kid. He just seems like a baller!

Edit: https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...aker-mayfield/

Hadn't heard this before, but apparently he's who Scot would draft.

Last edited by WillH; 01-19-2018 at 09:59 AM.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
https://youtu.be/07Eke1nZG9o

Watching this I got pretty hyped about Mayfield, but I've been concerned hesitant about him coming from the Big 12, spread offense, etc. This has always been a big arguments about QBs from one of my best friends that is a college football junkie and huge skins fan. Every time one of these prospects has come out in the draft he's said no way, and he's always been right about it. He wants Mayfield over any QB option out there including Cousins (on a top QB contract). Not that this will mean anything top anyone else, but I'm with you man. If we can't resign cousins, I think I'm gonna let myself get hyped and all in with this kid. He just seems like a baller!

Edit: https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...aker-mayfield/

Hadn't heard this before, but apparently he's who Scot would draft.

Is he Carson Wentz? No but he could be a Wilson and we all know how that has worked out for them, yes the D carried them to a SB but Russ helped bring them back in that fluke loss to NE.

BUT Let's be clear I want Kirk back, he's our own guy and has shown he is a proven top 10 QB.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #35
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I don't agree. Yours is an emotional post, not a rational one.

1. We don't know what they can afford until Cousins is figured out.

2. The FO brought him in on a steal of a deal, and now it seems like they are evaluating what he's worth. Don't you think it's prudent to do those type of evaluations, or should they just sign good players to whatever contract they want? Being prudent with the cap is smart not stupid. Perhaps you are saying that you believe that they will not properly evaluate him because of their intelligence level? Well, in his case, they did a better job of it than 31 other teams last year.

Sooo tired of the mindless blaming of the FO. If you're going to criticize please add something to the conversation, hate for hate sake is exhausting. We get it, they've made mistakes, let's break those mistakes down and compare to others, or evaluate potential future decisions they should make, or drool over potential draft picks or FA, or in this case actually break down what we think a player is worth and why, but please let's spare each other from mindless emotional reactions, it's not a game day thread.

3. I really like him, and at times he was a stud, but he sucks in coverage and without JA our run defense sucked. Ultimately, I think he's an impact player when he has other impact players around him, and even when he doesn't he is a tackling machine. That's probably worth 7 mil, if you have the cap space, IMO.

Thanks for straightening me out, Dad.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #36
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Thanks for straightening me out, Dad.
Lol. Fair enough

Old 01-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #37
WillH
The Starter

Mason Rudolph is the most recent QB name associated with the skins from this draft that I've heard. Though, Mayfield is the most popular one right now. That said, it might work out well top be able to go bpa defense in the first round and nab Rudolph in the 2nd. Most believe he's a developmental pick, but maybe the best option available will be a project to sit behind Colt for a year or so while they continue to build the defense. Anywho, this clip helped his case with me:

http://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod...NSI6dHJ1ZX0%3D

Listen to him at 00:41 ... maybe he knows he's being looked atby the skins lol. Either way I appreciate the reference.

Also, think of how fun Christmas eve games would be.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #38
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Change of heart, I'd take this hoss at # 13 (Vita Vea). Must be the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=P2MBuoepc1I
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #39
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

1. Baker Mayfield QB
2. Dallas Goedert TE
3. Josh Sweat DE
4. Josh Adams RB

or

1. Will Hernandez G
2. Nick Chubb RB
3. Troy Fumagalli TE
4. Da'Shawn Hand DE
Old 01-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #40
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Change of heart, I'd take this hoss at # 13 (Vita Vea). Must be the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=P2MBuoepc1I
I'm not a fan personally, too slow off the ball. If you watch the highlights you'll see he's way too often the last one out of his stance.

If you want interior DL, Christian Wilkins from Clemson:

Old 01-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #41
Schneed10
A Dude

I get why people would be attracted to a guy like Vita Vea because he's that big huge space eating body that would look good in the middle of our defense, but I'm concerned that he'll get cut off at the point of attack too often because he doesn't come out of his stance quick enough. Centers in the NFL can get into his kitchen pretty quickly if he doesn't explode off the ball better.

I prefer Wilkins because you see the athleticism - he's a Fletcher Cox clone in body type and size. Looks quick like him, and he's proven that he can line up anywhere on the DL at Clemson and succeed. He rushed off the edge for a while there because of injuries, and still had success.

You think about the way the Texans move Watt around, the line can't predict where he'll line up. That's extremely valuable versatility. Not saying Wilkins will be JJ Watt but the ability to slide him up and down the line creates protection problems on 3rd down for any offensive line.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wont make a mock just yet, I'll wait until it gets closer but for now I'll say IF we have KC still, I'd like a RB/WR at 13. Sutton from SMU looks like a freak. Chubb would be nice too but not at 13.

IF we DONT have KC, obviously a QB would be the pick.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm not a fan personally, too slow off the ball. If you watch the highlights you'll see he's way too often the last one out of his stance.

If you want interior DL, Christian Wilkins from Clemson:

He's a stud, but he went back to Clemson for another year. Their whole damn line did. Their D is nasty again.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I get why people would be attracted to a guy like Vita Vea because he's that big huge space eating body that would look good in the middle of our defense, but I'm concerned that he'll get cut off at the point of attack too often because he doesn't come out of his stance quick enough. Centers in the NFL can get into his kitchen pretty quickly if he doesn't explode off the ball better.

I prefer Wilkins because you see the athleticism - he's a Fletcher Cox clone in body type and size. Looks quick like him, and he's proven that he can line up anywhere on the DL at Clemson and succeed. He rushed off the edge for a while there because of injuries, and still had success.

You think about the way the Texans move Watt around, the line can't predict where he'll line up. That's extremely valuable versatility. Not saying Wilkins will be JJ Watt but the ability to slide him up and down the line creates protection problems on 3rd down for any offensive line.
With that upper body power I'd assume he'd be able to work on getting that same time power/explosion in his lower body in a professional training setting. When he does get on linemen or the ball carrier its a wrap.

There are lots of players that would work for us at 13, not saying he's my number 1 preference, but I'd be happy with the pick. We have needed a big ass hog in the middle for years now.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #45
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He's a stud, but he went back to Clemson for another year. Their whole damn line did. Their D is nasty again.
Aw damn now I see those articles, from last week. I missed that. It's a shame - it's helpful to have multiple players available at positions of need.

I like BPA but when it intersects with need that's obviously best, so seeing DLs like him go back to school blows chunks!

Thanks for informing me.