Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #16
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,541
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

No rookie QB's are truly "ready" to play right away, that's where good coaching comes in. You trim down the playbook, have the center make the line calls, you run the ball, etc.

I don't know where this idea is coming from that he can't play until he has ideal circumstances around him. A big part of learning to play QB in this league is figuring things out on the fly, handling failure, handling adversity. If he's so fragile (and I don't think he is) than we've already made a huge mistake.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2019, 08:45 AM   #17
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,503
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
If we hadn't drafted Haskins with the 15 pick this year, just imagine the fan reaction.
Exactly, now everyone is like "he isn't ready" "he doesn't know the playbook" from what I have seen in Case and Colt, they don't know it either.
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #18
Coff
Impact Rookie
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 609
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

The reports seem to be that he is more unpolished than QBs tend to be coming out of college, so proper development is that much more important. There are reasons to question the development already. He's already been the source of conflict between the front office and the coaching staff. And in his second year, he'll be learning his second offense. Far from ideal conditions for developing a young QB, but definitely business as usual at Ashburn.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #19
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,555
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Every year teams reach for QB's. Every year. Bad teams that suck at every position that think a good QB will make them a playoff team. It is still team sport folks!
Then you have the college QB's that are on dominant teams (Alabama, LSU, OSU) that when they get to the NFL are really not that great. Tim Tebow comes to mind.
Daniel Jones is a better prepared QB to play in the NFL than Haskins. Experience, better coached and played in a pro system. He may not be a better athlete or throw the ball the farthest. Jones understands the fundamentals and plays within the system. Jones is well coached , has great footwork, something Haskins ihas always lacked. When I see Haskins play in college he is raw talent that has bad habits. He succeeded ona strong team and his athleticism over lesser talent in college. In NFL that does not work. So you have rely fundamentals, read defenses quickly and getting rid of the ball. He lacks in this.
That is why I did not want him that high in the draft.

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-08-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #20
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 721
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

If we donít play Haskins at all and the new coach does not want him forced on him.. and wants a different QB .. what is haskins worth? I really do see this as a Rosen type deal..part of bringing in a new coach is his comfort level with the QB.. I hope this works out but the talk of haskins not being ready for 2 years is not good for bringing in a top head coach.. we still need a vet to rely on if Haskins is a project..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #21
SunnySide
Special Teams
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 110
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

11 long painful games left to the season. Plenty of time left for Haskins to get caught up to speed. I do hope and wish the staff could communicate with Haskins so that he is on the same page. We the public dont need to know the plan but I hope internally they are talking with him about the big picture.



I repeat myself a good bit and I apologize but I really believe Week 11 vs the Jets is the perfect time for him to start. He gets the bye week for extra prep, avoids the short 4 day turn around from week 7 to week 8 and by that time I imagine Keenum and McCoy will be on the IR.

He would get to start 7 games.

I strongly believe waiting until week 11 is the best bet.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,450
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Looking at that schedule we are really going 1-15 or 2-14
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #23
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,692
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

The thing I find to be completely useless commentary is the idea that Gruden wanted Daniel Jones over Haskins. Maybe everyone did. Maybe Snyder did. Who the hell knows, but it doesn't matter because Jones was gone at 6 and we were picking 15th.

The question is would you have taken Haskins at 15 or a different player instead? Jones wasn't an option.

When we got Haskins at 15 everyone on this board was thrilled and we got As from most pundits. He's not coming along quickly. But it's also too soon to label him a bust.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #24
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,296
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
13 and Kyler Murray started 14 so that whole he only started 13 games argument is just foolish talk to me. If they cant tailor a gameplan for this kid to play a game against a team that is ACTIVELY TRYING TO LOSE in Miami then why did we draft him?
That is a bad comparison because of Murray's mobility and threat to run, you have to defend Murray much differently than Haskins. Until he gets the mental part of the NFL game down Murray can rely on his athleticism to get by until enough film is gathered on him. Relying on athleticism until the rest of his game develops isn't an option for Haskins.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,450
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The thing I find to be completely useless commentary is the idea that Gruden wanted Daniel Jones over Haskins. Maybe everyone did. Maybe Snyder did. Who the hell knows, but it doesn't matter because Jones was gone at 6 and we were picking 15th.

The question is would you have taken Haskins at 15 or a different player instead? Jones wasn't an option.

When we got Haskins at 15 everyone on this board was thrilled and we got As from most pundits. He's not coming along quickly. But it's also too soon to label him a bust.
I'm still happy we took him over Jones, in the long run I believe he'll be the better QB.. Maybe Jones is a true baller but I just don't see that.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #26
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,692
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm still happy we took him over Jones, in the long run I believe he'll be the better QB.. Maybe Jones is a true baller but I just don't see that.
Dude, we didn't take him OVER Jones. This is driving me bananas. Jones was not available to us. It's not like we passed up Daniel Jones to get Haskins.

If Daniel Jones were available at 15 we might have taken him. We'll never know.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #27
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,503
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Every year teams reach for QB's. Every year. Bad teams that suck at every position that think a good QB will make them a playoff team. It is still team sport folks!
Then you have the college QB's that are on dominant teams (Alabama, LSU, OSU) that when they get to the NFL are really not that great. Tim Tebow comes to mind.
Daniel Jones is a better prepared QB to play in the NFL than Haskins. Experience, better coached and played in a pro system. He may not be a better athlete or throw the ball the farthest. Jones understands the fundamentals and plays within the system. Jones is well coached , has great footwork, something Haskins ihas always lacked. When I see Haskins play in college he is raw talent that has bad habits. He succeeded ona strong team and his athleticism over lesser talent in college. In NFL that does not work. So you have rely fundamentals, read defenses quickly and getting rid of the ball. He lacks in this.
That is why I did not want him that high in the draft.

Being a LSU fan, they have rarely had a dominant college QB
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #28
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,541
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Dude, we didn't take him OVER Jones. This is driving me bananas. Jones was not available to us. It's not like we passed up Daniel Jones to get Haskins.

If Daniel Jones were available at 15 we might have taken him. We'll never know.
Such an odd narrative that's out there right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #29
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,503
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
That is a bad comparison because of Murray's mobility and threat to run, you have to defend Murray much differently than Haskins. Until he gets the mental part of the NFL game down Murray can rely on his athleticism to get by until enough film is gathered on him. Relying on athleticism until the rest of his game develops isn't an option for Haskins.
50 TDs in a college conference where they actually play defense is nothing to sneeze at. Best way to learn on the job is to actually do the job. It isn't like we have a top flight QB playing ahead of him, we have trash. We are basically parading garbage out there and calling it filet mignon
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #30
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,582
Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Really what young QB can come here and be successful? It's hard enough to play QB at a great organization. But when you have to deal with piss poor management that makes it almost impossible. Cousins saw the nonsense and forced his way out of this pile of mess.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.12737 seconds with 10 queries