Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins 2020 schedule

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

If Haskins comes out wheeling and dealing like he ended last year, who knows, anything could happen. Sky's the limit if he's the real deal.

Advertisements
Old 05-11-2020, 01:45 PM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

To be honest when it comes to the passing game, I’m less worried about Haskins. I’m more worried that TE and no true outside WR outside of Terry develops.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #63
rocnrik
Playmaker

I see some are concerned with Secondary .. have no fear Did you not read that drafting Young would vault this D into top 10 ? We have used a lot of top picks on our D line .. Allen,Payne ,Sweat and others .. I hope this works out . We are really really thin at Oline And It’s all on Haskins . I hope he can stay upright !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:10 AM   #64
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I see some are concerned with Secondary .. have no fear Did you not read that drafting Young would vault this D into top 10 ? We have used a lot of top picks on our D line .. Allen,Payne ,Sweat and others .. I hope this works out . We are really really thin at Oline And It’s all on Haskins . I hope he can stay upright !
I think they have more depth and versatility at O-line than they have had in years. They aren't all rock stars, and TW is gone, but if Charles is what they think he is, and Martin can slide in at LG, I think it'll be aight.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #65
MTK
\m/

Seems like every offseason we fret over the OL but somehow they always have a decent to good unit.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Seems like every offseason we fret over the OL but somehow they always have a decent to good unit.
Because Callahan was a wizard
Old 05-14-2020, 08:03 PM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

USA today has us 5-11 that's the best I've seen so far

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2020, 03:02 AM   #68
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
USA today has us 5-11 that's the best I've seen so far

We were 3-13 last year. That's atrocious. Atrocious teams the season prior get atrocious predictions for the next season. Unless the Bengals are somehow predicted to win 9 games, I have no reason to be upset with any prediction that is more than 2 wins.

All these predictions are little better than grading the draft the 1st Monday afterwards anyways. At least 1 good team last year will miss the playoffs this season and at least 1 bad team will get in.

I'll settle for 1-15, if the 1 win is in Dallas on Thanksgiving. I'd actually prefer that outside of any other option besides winning the Super Bowl, if I didn't have to go thru another offseason of replacing Haskins. Adding the best player in the draft 2 years in a row would be pretty awesome tho.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:49 AM   #69
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'll settle for 1-15, if the 1 win is in Dallas on Thanksgiving. I'd actually prefer that outside of any other option besides winning the Super Bowl, if I didn't have to go thru another offseason of replacing Haskins. Adding the best player in the draft 2 years in a row would be pretty awesome tho.
Oh, no! I just couldn't handle 1-15. I need to see some progress. I would enjoy a heaping portion of beating Dallas on Thanksgiving, though. Let that be our signature win of the season.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:47 AM   #70
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Oh, no! I just couldn't handle 1-15. I need to see some progress. I would enjoy a heaping portion of beating Dallas on Thanksgiving, though. Let that be our signature win of the season.
The irony is if we actually won that game, the worse we were overall, the more great/hilarious that win would be.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #71
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

I think the hardest thing to measure in a coaching change when trying to predict the first year's record for that new coach, is culture. It could be a dramatic difference, or negligible difference ....

In an admittedly apples and oranges comparison, as a University of Louisville season ticket holder, we just went through year 1 of a new head coach, coming off a disastrous 2 and 10 season, where the team clearly gave up on the coaching staff, and one year removed from having Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson on our roster.

The roster had some gaping holes on it, but it also had some talent on it too.

New coach from Appalachian State comes in, preaching "culture, culture, culture", and got his team to buy in (which is probably easier on a collegiate level than pro) ... and wham ... 8 and 5 season, with a bowl win over an SEC program. And unlike the previous year where we set an NCAA record for giving up 60+ points in consecutive games, we showed fight in 12 of our 13 games.

As a Skins fan, watching the disaster that happened last year, it totally reminded me of what my favorite college team just went through.

Seeing Dunbar's antics of this past week, and knowing how RR handled that, just adds to what I HOPE is a similar buy in from the current Skins roster regarding culture...

We all know we have some gaping holes in our roster, but we ALSO know we have some amazing talent too. Can the new coaching staff coach up that talent better than the previous regime?

So, factoring all this in ... how the hell can you attempt a prediction on next year's win-loss record?
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #72
Meks
Pro Bowl

the status of our off-season programs and how much time this team gets to mesh and learn new systems will be the biggest thing to dictate our record this year IMO
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:29 PM   #73
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
I think the hardest thing to measure in a coaching change when trying to predict the first year's record for that new coach, is culture. It could be a dramatic difference, or negligible difference ....

In an admittedly apples and oranges comparison, as a University of Louisville season ticket holder, we just went through year 1 of a new head coach, coming off a disastrous 2 and 10 season, where the team clearly gave up on the coaching staff, and one year removed from having Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson on our roster.

The roster had some gaping holes on it, but it also had some talent on it too.

New coach from Appalachian State comes in, preaching "culture, culture, culture", and got his team to buy in (which is probably easier on a collegiate level than pro) ... and wham ... 8 and 5 season, with a bowl win over an SEC program. And unlike the previous year where we set an NCAA record for giving up 60+ points in consecutive games, we showed fight in 12 of our 13 games.

As a Skins fan, watching the disaster that happened last year, it totally reminded me of what my favorite college team just went through.

Seeing Dunbar's antics of this past week, and knowing how RR handled that, just adds to what I HOPE is a similar buy in from the current Skins roster regarding culture...

We all know we have some gaping holes in our roster, but we ALSO know we have some amazing talent too. Can the new coaching staff coach up that talent better than the previous regime?

So, factoring all this in ... how the hell can you attempt a prediction on next year's win-loss record?

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2020, 02:24 PM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yes it was a great post and you are 100% correct, Coaching / Culture is #1 in college and pro sports. Every team has talent, its on the coaching to generate that winning culture

Old 05-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #75
TKilla7126
Camp Scrub

Seeing no prime-time games on there brings joy to my heart lol

TKilla7126 is offline   Reply With Quote