Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Antonio Gibson

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #46
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Antonio Gibson

Why is it that the minute we start to get some depth at a position people here start talking about cutting players? There is no reason to cut anybody for awhile. Also, if we have too many good healthy RB's to keep then we might be able to trade one for a draft pick.

If I were in charge, I would make sure that Love had every opportunity to get back to where he was when he was healthy. That guy was as explosive and productive as it gets.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #47
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Why is it that the minute we start to get some depth at a position people here start talking about cutting players? There is no reason to cut anybody for awhile. Also, if we have too many good healthy RB's to keep then we might be able to trade one for a draft pick.

If I were in charge, I would make sure that Love had every opportunity to get back to where he was when he was healthy. That guy was as explosive and productive as it gets.
No one is talking about cutting anyone right this second. I don't think any team cuts anyone until they have to or until they want to replace him immediately with another person they're signing.

Just something to discuss now based on how our roster is currently constructed and the roster size limitations.

We have a ton of cap space now. This roster will still change significantly between free agency and signing cuts from other teams (further down the line)
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:27 PM   #48
rocnrik
Playmaker

I look forward to When we start cutting good players because we have better guys doing there job .... been a while since we had that luxury (outside of the disgruntled players wanting out).. There is a lot of talent on this team the D should be really special .. If DH keeps improving and the new draftees can pan out .. we could become a fast rising team .. lot of ifs .. but I’m having faith in the future!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #49
Burgold
Special Teams

So far,I like the pick,we'll see.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #50
Schneed10
A Dude

I think at least part of the thinking behind signing McKissic and Peyton Barber was to just push everyone on the rehab front. I think RR is setting himself up to not tolerate lack of availability. If you can play great. If you can't, you're gone. It's a huge part of culture building. Either rehab your ass back into playing shape or get out. Is it a shame? Sure. Should the coach care? No.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #51
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This was a luxury pick. But BPA can look like like luxury, because it doesn't give a shit about the current depth chart. He is another weapon.

The WR and RB numbers are gonna be interesting. We can't fit all of these guys onto the roster.

Predictions:

RB: AP, Guice, McKissic
WR: McLaurin, Gandy-Golden, Sims Jr., Harmon, Latimer
Combo: Gibson

Doesn't leave any room for Barber who we just signed or Love. I mean if Love isn't ready for training camp, I'll just assume he's never playing for us. I don't see anyone that is either someone we can trade or someone that holds much trade value.
This is probably light though, remember roster spots got expanded to 55 this year, with 48 active on gameday instead of 46.

So I think they will definitely add Love to this list, otherwise it's a good list.
Unless Love still can't play during camp.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #52
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think at least part of the thinking behind signing McKissic and Peyton Barber was to just push everyone on the rehab front. I think RR is setting himself up to not tolerate lack of availability. If you can play great. If you can't, you're gone. It's a huge part of culture building. Either rehab your ass back into playing shape or get out. Is it a shame? Sure. Should the coach care? No.

Very true availability availability availability if your not your no good to the team.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Everyone loves to talk about Guice and Love in terms of potential, but bottom line is health is a huge concern for both of them. RR didn't draft these guys either so he's got no allegiance. Both of them need to be healthy and productive asap.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #54
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You would be crazy to cut Love and keep McKissick. Go to 17:05 on the video below, he’s ready.

https://youtu.be/wm8YQyMHoXA
I think people forget just how good Love was a few years ago. If he can get back to being healthy there is just no way he is off this team. There is no way you keep Barber or McKissick over Love. Those two are career JAGS. Love can be potentially be a home run hitter from anywhere on the field.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #55
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Everyone loves to talk about Guice and Love in terms of potential, but bottom line is health is a huge concern for both of them. RR didn't draft these guys either so he's got no allegiance. Both of them need to be healthy and productive asap.
True but raw talent buys time. You can go get Barber types at anytime during the season. Remember when we got Bibbs off the street a few years ago? He was actually better than Matt Jones who they drafted in the 3rd round. So yeah RR didn't draft a lot of our guys but he also just can't get rid of everyone. He's going to need guys from the previous regime to win games.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I just love the attention paid to the RB position..we finally got a coach and GM ( make him GM NOW) who knows what it takes to win in the league. Jays offense was horseshit, sure he could coach up some passing game, but you gotta run to win period.

I’m looking forward to the competition.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #57
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Give true Love a chance. Wouldn't you like to see Love, McLaurin and Gibson on the field at the same time? That would be explosive to the max!
Old 04-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #58
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

JMO this is letting everyone know you better be rehabbing and you need to check in so we know how your progressing. No one has been sharpied in we are using pencil right now.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #59
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
JMO this is letting everyone know you better be rehabbing and you need to check in so we know how your progressing. No one has been sharpied in we are using pencil right now.
It's called a meritocracy. As in, now that you're here I don't care about what you did in the past. You've got to prove to me that I should keep you over these other men.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:43 PM   #60
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

The more I read, and see, of this guy, we may have snagged a HUGE steal in the 3rd round.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote