Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #421
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Have you heard of this guy Donald Trump?
Trump? Never heard of her.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-03-2019, 11:16 AM   #422
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

A history of the marginal tax rate:

mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #423
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well I guess the next shoe to drop in Virginia Democrat politics is Mark Herring is a tranny.

What a disgrace, killing babies coming down the birth canal, black face, and sexual assault...disgusting week here in Virginia. People who voted for this garbage should be ashamed.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:14 PM   #424
MTK
\m/

Quote:
A history of the marginal tax rate:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 PM   #425
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well I guess the next shoe to drop in Virginia Democrat politics is Mark Herring is a tranny.

What a disgrace, killing babies coming down the birth canal, black face, and sexual assault...disgusting week here in Virginia. People who voted for this garbage should be ashamed.
Chico your outrage at these events is amusing to say the least but considering your support of trump not surprising.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #426
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico your outrage at these events is amusing to say the least but considering your support of trump not surprising.
It’s fairly embarrassing to everyone...regardless of what you support, even to us libertarians.

The craziest shit I’ve seen is where Northam had to be stopped by his wife from doing the moonwalk. The guy is a certified moron.

He Gets Us
Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 PM   #427
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I remember back in my day we didn't have an income tax. Now we talk about 70% not being too bad.

I personally want a flat tax with no taxes on the 1st 25K for individuals and 50K for joint filers, give or take a few 1000 either way. Everyone pays the exact same after that. Business tax should be flat too. I'd be ok with national sales tax too.

Voting to take more of someone else's money or to put more in your pocket is not the America I want to live in. Tax code now creates so much division. I don't want to live with subsidies, tax loopholes, etc., either. That's just me tho.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 02-04-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:28 AM   #428
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I remember back in my day we didn't have an income tax. Now we talk about 70% not being too bad.

I personally want a flat tax with no taxes on the 1st 25K for individuals and 50K for joint filers, give or take a few 1000 either way. Everyone pays the exact same after that. Business tax should be flat too. I'd be ok with national sales tax too.

Voting to take more of someone else's money or to put more in your pocket is not the America I want to live in. Tax code now creates so much division. I don't want to live with subsidies, tax loopholes, etc., either. That's just me tho.
I have been a proponent of a "Flat Tax"for a while ".
Old 02-05-2019, 05:55 AM   #429
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Do you understand what a marginal tax is? It's not 70% of your income. It's 70% of your income after you reach the 10 million threshold in a single year, and even then that first 10 million isn't touched at 70%. It's also a big reason why America prospered after WW2.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:58 AM   #430
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Really Chico? As one man to another, what gives you the right to decide what women do with their bodies? I say this not even mentioning that literally most of 3rd trimester abortions are due to complications where the mother or baby's life is at risk. Do you really think women want to deal with a pregnancy for 6+ months only to end it as the baby is due? Get a grip.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #431
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Really Chico? As one man to another, what gives you the right to decide what women do with their bodies? I say this not even mentioning that literally most of 3rd trimester abortions are due to complications where the mother or baby's life is at risk. Do you really think women want to deal with a pregnancy for 6+ months only to end it as the baby is due? Get a grip.
yes really. no lie. late trimester should have the most extreme restrictions and if no complications found, both the doctor and the woman in the case the baby would be killed would face charges of murder.

He Gets Us
Old 02-05-2019, 08:54 AM   #432
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do you understand what a marginal tax is? It's not 70% of your income. It's 70% of your income after you reach the 10 million threshold in a single year, and even then that first 10 million isn't touched at 70%. It's also a big reason why America prospered after WW2.
Yes I remember economics talking how the prominent driving force behind the post WW2 boom was the marginal tax.

The marginal tax your proposing does not equal tax revenue(that's the yuge problem)...and the biggest question simply is "why?" Tell me why you want to raise this tax? Are you using the money to pay down debt...the fair share? That's reasonable...or are you looking spend it? The absolute highest figures Ive seen of source able revenue have been insignificant...and those figures are without the obvious move to tax shelters which will happen. The highest figures will take a willingness of folks to submit to the tax....this will not happen. There are much better ways to tax the extreme wealthy.

I know you and AOC are trying to lay the ground work for the unicorn farms...the marginal tax simply does not cover it...not even close. After all the legislation is passed for your fantasy land and the realization is the Wealthy tax increase wont come close to paying for it...who do you tax next? The largest tax base always picks up the tab

He Gets Us
Old 02-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #433
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I have been a proponent of a "Flat Tax"for a while ".
Stop the fucking presses!!! Giantone and me agreed on something. I just saw a whole army of pigs streak across the skies.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #434
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes, I know what a marginal tax is, and I don't agree with it. Should have been more clear in my response. But I don't agree with government getting 70% of any amount over X number of dollars, even if someone is making billions a year. Its our money not the governments. Government should try spending less. Always take take take, spend spend spend. And they turn voters against each other to do it. Our tax code now is a joke.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 02-05-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #435
MTK
\m/

Always amazes me how defensive people get when it comes to the rich, like our turn to join the 1% is just around the corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk