Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome your Washington Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-09-2022, 08:36 PM   #511
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/...source=twitter

We can change the subject - how bad is our franchise that we are getting sympathy from Peter King now.

I'd say this offseason has been one of the worst in the NFL - but that would be doing a disservice to the Browns shitting on their franchise qb, mortgaging the next 5 years for a qb who jerks off on unwilling masseuses. Danny probably saw that and realized he needs to step his game up.

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2022, 08:15 AM   #512
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

We can change the subject - how bad is our franchise that we are getting sympathy from Peter King now.

I'd say this offseason has been one of the worst in the NFL - but that would be doing a disservice to the Browns shitting on their franchise qb, mortgaging the next 5 years for a qb who jerks off on unwilling masseuses. Danny probably saw that and realized he needs to step his game up.

As much as I dislike Peter King, everything he says there is spot on.

Whatever differences in opinion we have I'm sure we are all united in our hatred for the poison dwarf.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #513
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

This is 100% spot on:

“I am not trying to throw darts at anybody. Anyone can look at this, it is just a fact. His reign of ownership has been an abject disaster. If he had one shred of decency, he would say, ‘If I really loved this team and this town, for the good of the people who live here, who love this team, I’ve got to sell this team, and we’ve got to move on’.

He doesn't give a fuck about this team, he just wants to be a little commander. What a bum.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:41 AM   #514
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

He doesn't give a fuck about this team, he just wants to be a little commander. What a bum.
Agreed!
Dan only cares about the prestige of being an NFL team owner, success on the field has never been his primary goal and it shows.
We are a quarter century in with Snyder, he isn't going to do the right thing.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #515
rocnrik
Playmaker

Toxic …. The owner ,the coaches , the players , the stadium , the name , the uniforms.. the fans , the forums … I’ve become toxic by being a fan .. seems nothing is ever positive with this team .. I’m not sure why anyone would be a fan of this toxic waste land of a team .. you can’t even have a opinion about this team without it turning into a toxic mess … are you guys sure winning will cure this or is it a done deal ?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:53 PM   #516
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Toxic …. The owner ,the coaches , the players , the stadium , the name , the uniforms.. the fans , the forums … I’ve become toxic by being a fan .. seems nothing is ever positive with this team .. I’m not sure why anyone would be a fan of this toxic waste land of a team .. you can’t even have a opinion about this team without it turning into a toxic mess … are you guys sure winning will cure this or is it a done deal ?
We're all still here, with zero winning. So I can't imagine any of us jumping off the boat if we ever do start winning.

I think everyone here has been a fan longer than Snyder has owned the team. I think that's why (or at least part of why) we all stay. Fuck Snyder, I shouldn't have to switch teams because of that asshole. Have some fortitude NFL, and kick the man out. Dude will still get more money than you can ever spend without being a jerk-off. Not like he will be put out.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:00 PM   #517
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m 64 been a fan since 1969 .. one observation during the great Gibbs years there was only a few ways to follow the team .. I would read the post and the star/times .. very little tv shows and I would try and tune in Ken Beatrice on the Fan radio .. it just seems the more access one has with sports teams, entertainment etc the more jaded it all gets .. it’s like it’s best not to know everything about everyone..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #518
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I’m 64 been a fan since 1969 .. one observation during the great Gibbs years there was only a few ways to follow the team .. I would read the post and the star/times .. very little tv shows and I would try and tune in Ken Beatrice on the Fan radio .. it just seems the more access one has with sports teams, entertainment etc the more jaded it all gets .. it’s like it’s best not to know everything about everyone..
Very good point. I remember in the 80's there would be a weekly show on WUSA and then George, Riggo, Wilbon and Sonny had one. Beatrice was on as well, I use to listen to him all the time. Theismann was on during the off season ... he'd go on Don and Mike... WAVA. But there was not this hourly intense access that we have today.

Mr Cooke was beloved by the fans but he did a lot of things that were horrible, perhaps on the level or worse than what Dan did. If that stuff got out in today's world he'd be looked at a lot differently.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:41 PM   #519
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

^^^^^

Agree with 100% of everything said in the above 2 posts.

Technology is a double edged sword for sure. I wouldn't go back to not having a smart phone, or internet, or access to as much information as possible. Gotta keep moving forwards.

At the same time, all of these things are part of creating unlimited bad news, division, etc. in this country, and likely everywhere that has the same access. The human condition is weird. There's a reason why 99% of all reported news is bad news.

Most things that happen every day are somewhere between common/no impact on others to positive. If what was reported every day was the regular daily thing in every community, the country would be on fire.

"Mr Cooke was beloved by the fans but he did a lot of things that were horrible, perhaps on the level or worse than what Dan did."

I wasn't old enough to remember his ownership behind the scenes but I've read about him a good amount recently. He definitely would be looked at differently now. And he sold the team to Dan. Bad judge of character or a lot in common (outside of football smarts)?
Old 06-12-2022, 10:44 AM   #520
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Of course we focus on the negative our brains are focused to ignore scenarios that occur as they are supposed to. You would find it incredibly weird if a coworker came into the office and shared a story on how they put their pants on and nothing happened. It's not weird if they share the same story but trip over the dog and break a leg.

Technology also makes it easier to follow teams elsewhere and not the local team. It has never been easier for Blake Bortles fans to follow his career and see his progression and highlights online.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:15 PM   #521
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
^^^^^

Agree with 100% of everything said in the above 2 posts.

Technology is a double edged sword for sure. I wouldn't go back to not having a smart phone, or internet, or access to as much information as possible. Gotta keep moving forwards.

At the same time, all of these things are part of creating unlimited bad news, division, etc. in this country, and likely everywhere that has the same access. The human condition is weird. There's a reason why 99% of all reported news is bad news.

Most things that happen every day are somewhere between common/no impact on others to positive. If what was reported every day was the regular daily thing in every community, the country would be on fire.

"Mr Cooke was beloved by the fans but he did a lot of things that were horrible, perhaps on the level or worse than what Dan did."

I wasn't old enough to remember his ownership behind the scenes but I've read about him a good amount recently. He definitely would be looked at differently now. And he sold the team to Dan. Bad judge of character or a lot in common (outside of football smarts)?
He didn't sell the team to Dan. His trust did. They ( people that worked for him, accountants and lawyers) were instructed by his will to sell to the highest bidder. He deleted a clause in his will sometime in the early 90's that would have awarded the team to his son John. Instead John had to bid for it himself and didn't have enough money. He ended up w/ 10% of the sale (80 million + another 20 million in cash) cause he owned 10% of the team.

Basically we are stuck w/ Dan because of Mr. Cooke. He could have easily handed the team down to John but didn't. He didn't want his legacy to be the Redskins. He wanted it to be his foundation. Hard to argue w/ that. It has helped a ton of kids get to college that may never have otherwise.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:21 PM   #522
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He didn't sell the team to Dan. His trust did. They ( people that worked for him, accountants and lawyers) were instructed by his will to sell to the highest bidder. He deleted a clause in his will sometime in the early 90's that would have awarded the team to his son John. Instead John had to bid for it himself and didn't have enough money. He ended up w/ 10% of the sale (80 million + another 20 million in cash) cause he owned 10% of the team.

Basically we are stuck w/ Dan because of Mr. Cooke. He could have easily handed the team down to John but didn't. He didn't want his legacy to be the Redskins. He wanted it to be his foundation. Hard to argue w/ that. It has helped a ton of kids get to college that may never have otherwise.
Good info, thanks. Too bad both weren't an option. Wish he sold the team before he died if he didn't necessarily want his son to have it. So he could have been part of the vetting process.

Just so frustrating that we got stuck with such a shithead.