Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rob Ryan added to staff

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2019, 08:46 AM   #31
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,902
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Michael Phillips (beat Redskins RTD) happened to be in the same room as Rob yesterday when the news was announced...got a really quick interview:

https://www.richmond.com/sports/reds...c9d3c54c2.html

Heard Phillips speak on local radio show coming into work and said Ryan sounded extremely excited to be on staff. Nice hearing especially after all the turmoil about people leaving.
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 25,928
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Who would have ever thought Rob Ryan would bring excitement to this fan base lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:14 AM   #33
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,902
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

I don't feel like these are jump over the moon, super exciting moves, but I see coaches who are vets (sans O'Connell) and quite simply, the guys before weren't getting it done. Maybe a some new voices were needed and we can see some improvement.

The only cringe I really got was the Special Teams coach replacement...Our Teams have been solid...Bruce chose to go with another "Tampa guy" who hasn't had success. I thought we could have done better there.
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:16 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 25,928
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I don't feel like these are jump over the moon, super exciting moves, but I see coaches who are vets (sans O'Connell) and quite simply, the guys before weren't getting it done. Maybe a some new voices were needed and we can see some improvement.

The only cringe I really got was the Special Teams coach replacement...Our Teams have been solid...Bruce chose to go with another "Tampa guy" who hasn't had success. I thought we could have done better there.
I think it is at the very least an effort to show growth for the future, which looked very bleak just a few weeks ago. If they draft a QB (probably will) in the 1st round and you match him with O'Connell then I'll get pumped again.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #35
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,990
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think it is at the very least an effort to show growth for the future, which looked very bleak just a few weeks ago. If they draft a QB (probably will) in the 1st round and you match him with O'Connell then I'll get pumped again.
We would be screaming Super Bowl run soon enough!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:35 PM   #36
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,442
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

At least Rob Ryan has good hair.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:29 PM   #37
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,946
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
At least Rob Ryan has good hair.
He should wear clown shoes.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #38
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,355
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Old dudes with long hair look ridiculous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:16 AM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 25,928
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Old dudes with long hair look ridiculous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob is from a small okie town, at least his brother grew out of that faze...
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #40
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,902
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Old dudes with long hair look ridiculous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would totally do it long if I could...I gotta couple friends who still have it, they were blessed with zero receding hairline and limited losing it in the back. those bastards. mid teens, through my first couple years of college I kept it fairly long...90s girls loved that shit
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 25,928
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I would totally do it long if I could...I gotta couple friends who still have it, they were blessed with zero receding hairline and limited losing it in the back. those bastards. mid teens, through my first couple years of college I kept it fairly long...90s girls loved that shit
I started going bald at 21 and it sucked
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #42
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,355
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rob is from a small okie town, at least his brother grew out of that faze...
I swear when I see Rob Ryan all I see is Rex in a wig
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #43
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,442
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Old dudes with long hair look ridiculous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me guess, you're bald?
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #44
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,355
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Let me guess, you're bald?


Nope


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:06 PM   #45
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,442
Re: Rob Ryan added to staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Nope


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.34660 seconds with 12 queries