Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dallas and Washington are very much alike...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: Dallas and Washington are very much alike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Heres a little difference between us and the cowboys. We've won a playoff game this decade.
Yes, but the way things are, will you ever get the CHANCE to win one again?

I say Nay Nay, unless there are some drastic changes on offensive philosophy.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #32
Valleyranchgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I must admit guys and girls, Dallas is better than Washington, they have more talent as a whole and way better coaches, sorry but Zorny is going to be looking for a job come Dec. (And I picked Wash. to win the east). And Romo is a good QB, when he throws 3-4 td's and wins (which he does alot) you love him, so now he sucks! You'r like most of these Sad ass saints fans down here, hop on the wagon when their playing good.
The point of this thread was not Dallas is better than Washington or vice versa. That leads to stupid disagreements and name calling amongst Cowboys and Skin fans which I did not come on here for. Who knew it would take a Saints fan to have the thread go in the wrong direction.

Bandwagon please don't go there with me.You pulled out your Saints gear after two wins this year and decided to see what was happening on the Redskins board, because you probably cheered for the Skins until they didn't score 93 points in the first two games like the Saints have. It would be foolish of me to think that way about you because I don't know you. Don't go making ASSumptions about someone's fan-ship, you just sound bitter in the end.

Last edited by Valleyranchgirl; 09-23-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Valleyranchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #33
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Skins and Cowboys are nothing alike. please stop this injustice. I think i just threw up in my mouth a little ...ugh
Old 09-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #34
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Skins and Cowboys are nothing alike. please stop this injustice. I think i just threw up in my mouth a little ...ugh
If you dont want to participate, just move to the next thread. And your attempt at being funny is well.........lame.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #35
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
If you dont want to participate, just move to the next thread. And your attempt at being funny is well.........lame.
everyone likes a dodgeball reference. haha
Old 09-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #36
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyranchgirl View Post
Nice break down and observation on Campbell and Romo.

When you compare Romo to Campbell you would think Romo was a guy that was more than a stat whore. Personally I see Romo as someone who has had talent surrounding him since day 1. The Oline, RB, WR's(terry glenn, TO) and TE have been amongst the top 5 or have been very productive at their position at some point since he has been the QB. Campbell has not had that luxury. Moss is good but Randell El was never much IMO. Clinton is a good RB but he can't do it alone. Maybe I don't watch skin games but how many big plays does Portis make in the 4th quarter? Barber bails Romo out, many times. He is a luxury for Dallas and should be named one of the leaders. Felix is just going to get better with every touch. Do you forsee Campbell getting traded right after Zorn is gone(because he is as good as gone)? Some players can practice all week and not get it right in the game time. Maybe Campbell has that problem. I think Romo has that problem because he knows to stop making those bonehead plays, but he is like the scarecrow when its crunch time in big games.
You are right on everything except why Romo makes those "bonehead" plays. He does it cause no one really stops him. The Cowboys are ok with those plays as long as he comes back and throws that TD, ala Favre. Romo takes chances, and when you do, some will come back to bite you. There is no doubt Romo needs to get smarter and less aggressive, just as there is no doubt Campbell needs to get smarter and take some more chances.

Quote:
When do people stop harping about arm strength if the QB is not accurate? Cutler is accurate, strong arm. Russell, Vick, and Campbell not so much.
I have wondered this for years. Especially when people here said Patrick Ramsey was a stud when all he had was a strong arm. Arm strength should be looked at to determine a good qb, but it should not be in the top 3 when evaluating his role at the next level.
Gotta say, I am a bit taken back by the reference of Campbell to Russell and Vick...but not sure where to argue at this time, or just take that punch to the gut and realize Campbell is a piece of poo like those other two.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #37
Mechanix544
The Starter

Well, maybe SOME people are waking up. Campbell just isnt the QB to get us to that next level, and succeed at it. He HIMSELF has no next level, just a horribly average QB, goiong thru the motions, with a tendency to not win games, but also to not hand them away. For your team to win,(Look at NE - Brady, NY - Manning, Indy - Manning, Pitt - Rothlisberger) you just have to have your QB make strong plays and actually IMPACT the game in which he is playing. Being a nonfactor and not making plays is NOT the way to win, I'm just wondering when EVERYONE is gonna wake up and realize that Jason Campbells best has already been seen, and frankly, its not good enough. Nowhere close to being enough.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Well, maybe SOME people are waking up. Campbell just isnt the QB to get us to that next level, and succeed at it. He HIMSELF has no next level, just a horribly average QB, goiong thru the motions, with a tendency to not win games, but also to not hand them away. For your team to win,(Look at NE - Brady, NY - Manning, Indy - Manning, Pitt - Rothlisberger) you just have to have your QB make strong plays and actually IMPACT the game in which he is playing. Being a nonfactor and not making plays is NOT the way to win, I'm just wondering when EVERYONE is gonna wake up and realize that Jason Campbells best has already been seen, and frankly, its not good enough. Nowhere close to being enough.
I agree with you...it's cause people WANT Campbell to succeed, and each has their own personal reason for this, but a lot like his calm exterior demeanor and good arm strength. I don't know about you, but to me, I want the guy that wants the ball and to be firey about it. Staying calm under pressure does not mean you can't get excited and intense. Peyton Manning stays cool under pressure, but he is INTENSE! Campbell has NO intensity and you WON'T win with no intensity.
I'm ready for another QB right now, and I was not like this before the Giants game.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #39
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well their defense gives up a lot of points. How is that different from a team that doesn't score much but has a defense that doesn't allow that many points?
not that much different. but their defense hasn't been bad for several years and our offense has been.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I agree with you...it's cause people WANT Campbell to succeed, and each has their own personal reason for this, but a lot like his calm exterior demeanor and good arm strength. I don't know about you, but to me, I want the guy that wants the ball and to be firey about it. Staying calm under pressure does not mean you can't get excited and intense. Peyton Manning stays cool under pressure, but he is INTENSE! Campbell has NO intensity and you WON'T win with no intensity.
I'm ready for another QB right now, and I was not like this before the Giants game.
eli manning seems to be getting the job done with the same type of personality that jc has.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #41
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
eli manning seems to be getting the job done with the same type of personality that jc has.
I disagree...you see a laid back type of player...but when push comes to shove, Eli has a sense of urgency, and you can see him get intense. Not as intense as his brother, but intense.
Also, Eli has been BLASTED for his laid back approach, even if they did have the same personality (which they don't, but I can understand you think that way) Eli is a ton more talented and a smarter QB. Why did Eli take more heat than Campbell? It's time that people really put the pressure on campbell.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyranchgirl View Post
Both teams have more talent on one side of the ball while the other side is going through a trail and error process.

Dallas offense has lots of talent and the Redskins Defense has a lot of talent but they often take themselves out of position to be the elite group in the NFL. For Dallas, Romo is the problem more often than not. Romo has had his chances same broken record no new tunes.
Redskins defense I would say pass rushers and LaRon Landry is not the same guy he was 2 years ago. He takes bad angles and trys to superman the ball-carrier. Haynesworth is a great pickup. How these two sides take that next step?

Dallas defense can't get a sack, turnover, or stop players from getting wideopen in the middle of the field.
The Redskins can't find the endzone because the offense has no identity.
QB Campbell needs to stop telling people they need to play harder when he is fing up. No pocket awareness. In his defense the marry go round of coaches hurts him.
I think you might want to just stick to liking a player because he is cute. LOL
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #43
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think you might want to just stick to liking a player because he is cute. LOL
Well, Campbell is butt ugly, so maybe she would hypothetically have a point? LOL.