can WE now start a countdown to a new coach and qb

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #61
hondakiller
Camp Scrub

Re: can WE now start a countdown to a new coach and qb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyredskinsfan View Post
Just in case you missed my last post. Same Crap different year.

I'm not really the type to freak out over a silly football game but I agree with this guy. It is so frustrating watching this team. We all know they have the playmakers and the talent to compete, but it seems like every time they get going they shoot themselves in the foot. Plays that go for 2 yards for us go for 10 yards for the opponents.

Also, it's one game but this year's secondary has me very concerned. HIT AND WRAP TACKLING KIDS. I swear Landry should have to run laps everytime he goes for a big hit and misses instead of a solid tackle.
hondakiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I'm not normally one to jump on Zorn, but unquestionably, the biggest matchup advantage we had all game long was our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers, against a gaggle of poor defensive backs who barely should be in the league. What did we do? We ran the ball into the teeth of their defense.

If Zorn's going to play like that, he needs the quarters to be 40 minutes each. Otherwise, he wastes half the game running Portis into no space.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #63
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Disappointing loss--we failed to move the ball at crucial times, and couldn't get off the field on D. Plus, the JC fumble for a TD was a killer. Like Matty, I'm not sold on the o-line, but either way JC has to find a way to make a play.

But for all that, I thought there were some positives. ARE looks MUCH better in the slot; Cooley got free quite a bit, London was moving well and the D did create 2 big TOs.

I didn't expect to go up to NY and win this, even if I had my hopes. But I really would have liked to feel we had a real chance--I don't think the team believes it. And until they do, they'll keep flailing about.

Here's a cliche for you, but I think it's right: 90% of the game is mental. The gints believed it from the opening gun; we never did. Sometimes it's a little thing that shifts momentum, but more often it takes your playmakers stepping up at big moments and winning games. We did not see that today. The gints have our number--have for a number of years now. We've got to turn it around, beat the rams, and get some confidence. The rest will follow.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
People are wasting time talking about JC, the real concern is that the OL is still not able to handle a top flight D.
Is it time to start worry about the Oline yet? Actually handling a top 3 pass rushing D-Line I think we did ok, look at JC stats, great completion % and all that good stuff. I was disappointed when we did run the ball we went nowhere. Then that leads to me to the point, why did we keep running the ball especially in the second half? Zorn play calling was horrible, I mean really disturbing. Call shotgun and get the ball downfield and need some more mis direction plays to cool that rush, screens, counters, etc.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #65
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
What I want to know is why the hell do we look great during the 2 minute drill and mediocre the rest of the game offensively? Why does it take a "must score" scenario for us to kick some ass and fulfill our offensive potential. Not sure about our secondary either. THank God we get the hapless Rams next weekend.

The Giants were playing us differently on defense by the time we were in hurry up mode. They knew we needed two scores and time was of the essence.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #66
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I too would like to see more throws on 1st down, but I don't think giving up on the run is the answer. Portis is a weapon--he can win games for us and move the chains. We failed to block in the run game against a good D, and Zorn should have given it up earlier. But trying to stick with it isn't nuts, given CP.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #67
saden1
MVP

Hay dimwits, the Giants are a great team and you're not going to walk into their house and beat easily. JC f*ed up on that fumble...he had plenty of time and could have stepped up in the pocket. Totally on JC.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #68
wilsowilso

Jim Zorn is allergic to:

The WR slant
The second TE
The QB roll out
Throwing the ball on first down

I think we can improve plenty, but the playcalling was so vanilla frustrating
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #69
Twilbert07
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Disappointing loss--we failed to move the ball at crucial times, and couldn't get off the field on D. Plus, the JC fumble for a TD was a killer. Like Matty, I'm not sold on the o-line, but either way JC has to find a way to make a play.
Exactly, Jason Campbell must become more of a playmaker. The Skins' offense is mediocre and needs the QB to be a leader. When JC threw that INT after crossing the line of scrimmage by several yards, he showed he has a lack of vision of the entire field. No way he'll be an effective field general. He might be serviceable for a few years, but that's it.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #70
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm not normally one to jump on Zorn, but unquestionably, the biggest matchup advantage we had all game long was our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers, against a gaggle of poor defensive backs who barely should be in the league. What did we do? We ran the ball into the teeth of their defense.

If Zorn's going to play like that, he needs the quarters to be 40 minutes each. Otherwise, he wastes half the game running Portis into no space.

The problem was we stopped running the ball and they didn't. They averaged 3.3 yards per run and we averaged 4.0 yards per run. You don't give 16 touches to Clinton. This whole Betts on third down needs to be scrapped. I mean he was for -1 yards for god sake. I would rather take my chances with CP breaking one than Betts.

-Jenkins
Old 09-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #71
SUNRA
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_snyder69 View Post
we played a great team in their stadium. also i've never thought we match up particularly well against the Giants. if it comes to it, i like colt mccoy
This was not a great team that we played. Our team did not change anything from last year accept for Haynesworth who did his job. Jason Campbell still does not get it. There were more than enough opportunities for us to win this game and everytime it we got something going a half back option is called after Portis breaks for over twenty. Or after a big completion Campbell throws an INt or fumbles the ball. Please don't let me talk about Carlos Rodgers.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The problem was we stopped running the ball and they didn't. They averaged 3.3 yards per run and we averaged 4.0 yards per run. You don't give 16 touches to Clinton. This whole Betts on third down needs to be scrapped. I mean he was for -1 yards for god sake. I would rather take my chances with CP breaking one than Betts.
We stopped running the ball? Really?

When Clinton Portis got his 16th carry, Campbell had 18 pass attempts. Exactly what are you supposed to do when he's plunging into the line for a yard per play?

We put the ball in Campbell's hands, and scored rather easily. They were very understaffed in the secondary.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #73
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post

Nope. Clinton Portis averaged under 2.0 yards per rush after the first run of the game. I think he played really really medicore football today.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #74
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Nope. Clinton Portis averaged under 2.0 yards per rush after the first run of the game. I think he played really really medicore football today.
Don't care, and for explanation see A. Perterson. The game is about breaking a big run and he did. I would take my chances with CP thank you. Running the ball even for 2/3 yards gets the defense more tired and in the long run it pays off. Zorn got out-coached plain and simple.

-Jenkins
Old 09-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #75
GMScud
Swearinger

I lay this loss solely on playcalling. Not too many people are going to run all over the Giants with their line this year. We needed to sling it more and be more choosy with when/how often we ran.