Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

anyone care what francesa says

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
diesl44
Camp Scrub

anyone care what francesa says

mike francesa used to host with the maddog ...here in the tri-state area ..
hes on middays on wfan ...i usually listen on fridays and mondays ..kinda ripped on zorn on his monday show ..saying hes one of the dumbest coaches hes seen in a while ..gave him props as a player said he was a gritty, tough ,heady ..get the job done qb with seattle ..but as a head coach ..just plain dumb as a coach , does things hes never seen before ..also a funny comment felt he would be gone at seasons end , and that gruden would sweep synder off his feet ...and be our next coach ..i could totally see that happening ...holmgren,shanahan,cowher would pass on this mess that is the skins front office anyway just what he said take it with a grain of salt dont kill the messenger
diesl44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: anyone care what francesa says

Did he give specific examples of dumb moves by Zorn?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesl44 View Post
mike francesa used to host with the maddog ...here in the tri-state area ..
hes on middays on wfan ...i usually listen on fridays and mondays ..kinda ripped on zorn on his monday show ..saying hes one of the dumbest coaches hes seen in a while ..gave him props as a player said he was a gritty, tough ,heady ..get the job done qb with seattle ..but as a head coach ..just plain dumb as a coach , does things hes never seen before ..also a funny comment felt he would be gone at seasons end , and that gruden would sweep synder off his feet ...and be our next coach ..i could totally see that happening ...holmgren,shanahan,cowher would pass on this mess that is the skins front office anyway just what he said take it with a grain of salt dont kill the messenger
Zorn is no Spurrier.

At least Zorn isn't pulling Largent out of Congress and suiting him up as our flanker.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

who the hell is francesa?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
who the hell is francesa?
A blowhard. He's one of those 'say a bunch of incendiary things and something is bound to stick' sports talk hosts.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesl44 View Post
holmgren,shanahan,cowher would pass on this mess that is the skins front office anyway just what he said take it with a grain of salt dont kill the messenger
Sounds good (doesn't mean its true though). They didn't say they never would coach for the skins as far as I have heard. But Schottenheimer said he would never come here and he did. Money talks!!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I guess that explains this

http://www.thewarpath.net/594186-post45.html
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
MTK
\m/

Mike is better when he sticks to NY sports.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #9
redskins1974
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Mike is better when he sticks to NY sports.
yeah where would Francesa come up with such ignorant remarks. we've only been one of the lowest scoring teams under Zorns reign.

I believe We've scored 3 TD in our last 5 home games. good stuff.

Matty, like i told you in the offseason, nothing has changed with the offense.
Believe me, I would have rather been wrong. This sucks.

yeah we scored 2 TD in NY game, by the FG holder and when NY already won the game and was playing Prevent D late in the 4th Qtr.

But I know everyone will come up with excuses....its early, blah blah blah.
redskins1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins1974 View Post
yeah where would Francesa come up with such ignorant remarks. we've only been one of the lowest scoring teams under Zorns reign.

I believe We've scored 3 TD in our last 5 home games. good stuff.

yeah we scored 2 TD in NY game, by the FG holder and when NY already won the game and was playing Prevent D late in the 4th Qtr.

Never said they were ignorant comments, just that he's better when he talks NY sports, that's the market he's in and that's the market he's most focused on. Don't twist what I said to fit your thinking.

But if you want to dive into his comments, is calling a coach "dumb" some sort of brilliant or insightful analysis? He sounds like your typical fan who forms an opinion based on 10 second highlight clips from SportsCenter.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #11
redskins1974
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Never said they were ignorant comments, just that he's better when he talks NY sports, that's the market he's in and that's the market he's most focused on. Don't twist what I said to fit your thinking.

But if you want to dive into his comments, is calling a coach "dumb" some sort of brilliant or insightful analysis? He sounds like your typical fan who forms an opinion based on 10 second highlight clips from SportsCenter.

I dont think calling Zorns playcall dumb is insightful, but I think its accurate.
A RB option on the 3 yard line? The ridiculous slow developing 4th down play to Portis that had 5 defenders in the backfield within a second of the snap - how bout a JC bootleg? WE CANT SCORE TD UNDER THIS GUY!

I live in north Jersey and listen to this show. The guy typically knows what he's talking about and does his homework.
redskins1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I dont think calling Zorns playcall dumb is insightful, but I think its accurate.
A RB option on the 3 yard line? The ridiculous slow developing 4th down play to Portis that had 5 defenders in the backfield within a second of the snap - how bout a JC bootleg? WE CANT SCORE TD UNDER THIS GUY!

I live in north Jersey and listen to this show. The guy typically knows what he's talking about and does his homework.
I wanted a JC bootleg too, but after the game we found out that he had a bad ankle, so I am guessing they didn't want to aggravate it further.

I still would have liked to see a heavy jumbo set with Mike Williams, as an extra tackle. and just push the line forward, having Sellers lead the way for CP
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

Well it's been covered that the 4th down failed run was because of a mistake by one of the players on the field who took a different blocking angle and pushed the play to the outside instead of straight ahead
Old 09-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #14
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:

2 games, offense has struggled a bit, but we're 1-1. Let's can the season, 4-12 here we come. If we suck so bad, go root for the Jets.

This isn't directed at you personally, '74 but I'm so sick of all the negativity from "fans". I guess this is just a culmination of reading/seeing/hearing the crap in the media the past two weeks. Life is pretty damn tough as it is, sports is a refuge from the world for a few hours a week. If you can't at least have a somewhat optimistic view of the team you're a fan of then whats the point?

Maybe if we're at a little past mid-season and we're still having these problems, I can understand....but it's Game 2, we WON.

"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #15
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
A blowhard. He's one of those 'say a bunch of incendiary things and something is bound to stick' sports talk hosts.
He is the most successfull sports talk radio host in the history (although short) of the genre in the US.