Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Looking ahead: next week will tell us who this team really is.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #46
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Looking ahead: next week will tell us who this team really is.

MAN....I took this loss hard. Maybe letting one get away...to the...boys in their house. BUT, by all indications I am going to survive.
This defense is GOOD and going to improve as the season progresses
The Offense has much of what they need (with more pieces to come) and they will be up and down. Will we be a serious contender for the SB this year? Probably not BUT we will scare some people, punish some others, be spoilers.....I'm ok with that.
I love the direction we're going and most of the moves have been made. I have not felt that way in many years....
Time to move on. We can still do some damage in the division...
Time to kick the shit outta' the Rams this week!
HTTR!!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #47
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
MAN....I took this loss hard. Maybe letting one get away...to the...boys in their house. BUT, by all indications I am going to survive.
This defense is GOOD and going to improve as the season progresses
The Offense has much of what they need (with more pieces to come) and they will be up and down. Will we be a serious contender for the SB this year? Probably not BUT we will scare some people, punish some others, be spoilers.....I'm ok with that.
I love the direction we're going and most of the moves have been made. I have not felt that way in many years....
Time to move on. We can still do some damage in the division...
Time to kick the shit outta' the Rams this week!
HTTR!!
This pretty much sums up how I feel as well. tough loss, but these are the kinds of bumps we are going to have. I wish we could instantly go from a 6-10 team to a 13-3 team but it takes time.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #48
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

That's why I'm not really in panic mode right now. We are 2-1, and there is plenty of time to get right back in the swing of things and head to the playoffs.

We still have a lot of problems, but for once I think we are showing more good than bad. We finally have a good WR core, the running game that was held hostage by CP is finally starting to get productive, and at the minimum, we have a QB who is not so horrible that he will outright lose you the game.

It's not so much a question of can Rex turn into an elite passer, its more of will Rex put in the effort to try and overcome his bad qualities. And I think he can.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 AM   #49
skins89moss
Playmaker

Redskins Nation lets stay calm we are 2-1 so lets not panic. I have been reading some fans are down on Rex. Hey look he made a terrible throw that went right to Sean Lee but sometimes that happens. Brady threw 4 int's against the Bills who would have thought that Brady would play that bad? We know Rex is not mobile and will throw a pick or 2. We also know he will get sacked and fumble the ball. Rex knows these are the things that have haunted him during his entire career that he must fix for people to give him credit. If the Raiders can win with Jason Campbell then we can win with Rex Grossman as our QB. We must have a running game to take the pressure off Rex like the Raiders do with McFadden. Our WR must make big plays down the field when Rex makes a nice pass. Davis and Cooley need to have a impact in the game to keep the LB's honest. This Sunday against the Rams we have to go on the road and take the heart out of the Rams in the 1 quarter. I want to see how we fight after a very tough loss. HTTR

Last edited by skins89moss; 09-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #50
budw38
Playmaker

When our 2010 season ended , the "experts" believed we needed the following ; a Q , 2 -3 OLman , WR , a new DL , a few LBs and a S and CB . After 3 games , most would say a QB , 1 OL , and maybe a WR . My feeling is to contend for a title we will need a QB , 1 dominant OL , 1 WR ; on Defense , a DL who can dominate a game ( Seymour , Nagata ) and find a young fast backup LB ( Monte Coleman type ) . We are heading in the right direction , and I believe both Philly and Dallas are getting a little old ! Hail Skins !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #51
budw38
Playmaker

This young qb might help Steve Spurrier on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1966 - YouTube
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #52
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
the ol ball coach, im sure he was heading for the golf coarse after the show!!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote