Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Post game and what needs to be done going forward.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Post game and what needs to be done going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
About the only good thing that happened today, I don’t see you serving any chance to make the playoffs this year now,The rest of the NFC is doing too good
Rams
Hawks
Saints
Viks
Panthers
Falcons
Lions
Eagles
Packers

All better than dallas and us. We basically have to go 6-1 the rest of the way to have a chance. Not gonna happen this yr. Dallas would need to go 5-2 , not happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #32
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rams
Hawks
Saints
Viks
Panthers
Falcons
Lions
Eagles
Packers

All better than dallas and us. We basically have to go 6-1 the rest of the way to have a chance. Not gonna happen this yr. Dallas would need to go 5-2 , not happening.

This post is depressing. Mostly because its true. Another mediocre to crappy season. Love being a Skins fan.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #33
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Cousins, tell us who you really are! Our franchise depends on this info for at least next 5 years. He is king of great game, bad game, mediocre game, great game, etc. etc.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Cousins, tell us who you really are! Our franchise depends on this info for at least next 5 years. He is king of great game, bad game, mediocre game, great game, etc. etc.
We will offer a good deal but not what he is asking IMO and I bet he walks

Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #35
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We will offer a good deal but not what he is asking IMO and I bet he walks

To me, he deserves a good deal not a record breaker. If we offer him a fair deal and he walks that's on him. He's just not good enough to pay 30 million or so. Anything more than 25 (that's even too much), and we'll be a mediocre to bad team in perpetuity.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #36
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
It’s not Cousins fault we lost today (or is it lol) but that int before halftime was a killer,really changed momentum.Hell we had almost 2 minutes to get some kind of score before halftime and instead they get 2 scores for the price of one.
Wasn’t as Bad as the blocked field goal in the Dallas game but it was close
Old 11-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
It’s not Cousins fault we lost today (or is it lol) but that int before halftime was a killer,really changed momentum.Hell we had almost 2 minutes to get some kind of score before halftime and instead they get 2 scores for the price of one.
Wasn’t as Bad as the blocked field goal in the Dallas game but it was close
That was the worst play of the game. He has to stop throwing those off the back foot lob interceptions. But he does it regularly, and hes been in NFL for what 5 or 6 years? And it doesn't get fixed.

Also, taking that dumb sack. Got lucky kicker has a huge boot and made it anyways.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #38
calia
Playmaker

Our CBs were awful today as were our safeties not named Swearinger (who came to play, as he does every week). Our OLBs were awful (not pressure, not setting the edge), Spaight was a bright spot and Brown was inconsistent, despite having a lot of tackles. Our D line was poor -- plain and simple. They could only stop the run toward the end when it was clear to everyone that it would be run, run, run. No push up the middle. Sad to see such a pathetic defensive outing after last week.

Cannot put too much on Cousins -- he has lost a lot of weapons, and the threat of a run game isn't significant (and his line was OK -- no bad sacks, but no ability to get to second level blocking either).

Playcalling was really uninspired and unimaginative.

We may have a decent kicker in the making -- the 55 yarder was impressive. Oh, and since when does Forbath make long kicks at FedEx (only for other teams). Geez.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Our defense was screwed when we lost Allen and Matt I. We have been dying for a big time DL to come in and he gets injured and done for the yr. Just another sign of this team being cursed, that shit just happens to us too often.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #40
jamf
Pro Bowl

Norman gets a pass, he had a bad game against good WRs and is playing with broken ribs.
He can’t jam anyone at the line with bad ribs.

Zach Brown was hurt but played ok.

KC missed 3 throws. Those took points off the board but Doctson had a big slip and crowder had 3 drops on one drive.

My problem with the team is the front office and coaching staff.
Will Compton was a lability out there. As soon as Spaights went in we got a couple of stops. Get someone to replace him already.

Pryor Might as well be in the witness protection program. Why did it take so long to get Harris playing time?
Why didn’t they trade Pryor back to the browns when they called?

I don’t get the love affair with Kelley. Excluding the rams game, he hasn’t had more than 30 yards in a game this year. He doesn’t deserve carries. Find someone on the streets who wants to be a millionaire.

Special teams isn’t doing anything for us.
Are they not practicing onside kicks? Wtf is our ST coach doing?

Someone needs to address these issues mid season before the season is lost but they aren’t.

Get Robert Davis some playing time instead of Pryor.
I worry someone’s ego is preventing this.

Fuck this soft ass coach and front office.

No urgency.
Jay Grudens coaching style is soft and he is ok with mediocrity.

Fuck this stupid ass tablet keyboard.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #41
los panda
Pro Bowl

well, that was disappointing.

we have everything we need to get hot and finish strong. they just have to put it all together.

i have faith.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #42
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I also forgot to mention, I'm tired of seeing no effort on blocking field goals. It's 100% on the coach that they don't even try to block it. Curious as to whether he thinks we don't have the personnel for it, but dare I say I miss the days of Danny Smith? We didn't do it often but we had a block here and there.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:32 AM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

After we lose to the Saints we'll have to go undefeated our last 6 to make the playoffs. No playoffs for us.

Let the Cousins contract drama and mock drafting commence.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:34 AM   #44
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yeah agreed, no sense making Trent suffer the whole season when it's clear we're not going anywhere.

Can't understand how Norman and Breeland let Stefon Diggs and Adam Theilen ball out on them today. Clearly they underestimated the Vikings wideouts.
"Underestimated" the Vikings' WR's? I doubt it. Diggs is one of those quick, twitchy dudes, and those types occasionally give Norman trouble.

Breeland is an enigma. He'll have a solid game (whether, against a good or mediocre wideout), and then he'll come back and have a crappy ass game (against a good or average wideout).

The defense clearly let us down. The offense scored 30 points against the #3 ranked D in the NFL, but allow an average offense rip off 38 points. Three plays in this game came back to haunt us, and I said it when those plays happened.

One was the 4th down pass to Chris Thompson. A better pass by Cousins, and it's a TD. We ended up settling for a FG. Instead, of it being 14-7, it's 10-7. Another one was when Doctson had beaten his man in the end zone, but ended up slipping on his route. It would've been an easy TD. A couple plays later, and we're settling for another FG. Instead, of it being 35-24 in favor of the Vikings; it's 35-20. The last one was the bomb where Doctson had two steps on the defender and Cousins overthrew him. That would've made it 35-27 going into the 4th quarter. A couple plays later it's 4th down and the Vikings stop us on downs.

The first two stick out more so than the latter play. If you convert the first two plays, I mentioned, into TD's (which, they should've been), then you clearly have a different ballgame. At worst, it would've been 35-28, Vikings, going into the 4th quarter. A totally, different ballgame.

Another issue with this team.... Consistency. One week, the defense does its job and the offense sucks like a pair of donkey gonads and vice-versa.

I think our defensive line looked better last week because Seattle O-line somewhat stinks. Minnesota O-line is obviously better, and pretty much handled our "backup" defensive line. If Keenum wasn't getting time to throw, then Murray was gashing us up the middle. Basically, their O-line matched up better with our D-line. Frankly, I would've just came after Keenum (after he started eating us up) and let the chips fall where they lay.

Today was a day we missed having guys like Allen and Ioan man. Both of those two were consistently getting a push up the middle on teams. For the person, who stated Phil Taylor was having a good camp and preseason.... That is correct. Imagine, if Allen, Taylor and Ioannidis were healthy.

Only two teams are capable of "getting away" with the amount of injuries we've had and still compete at a good rate. Those teams are the Patriots and Packers. Reason being, they have the two best QB's in the league.

Last edited by PorkSkins; 11-13-2017 at 01:58 AM.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #45
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
That was the worst play of the game. He has to stop throwing those off the back foot lob interceptions. But he does it regularly, and hes been in NFL for what 5 or 6 years? And it doesn't get fixed.

Also, taking that dumb sack. Got lucky kicker has a huge boot and made it anyways.
The "worst play(s) of the game" were the two dumb ass back-to-back run calls when we still had an opportunity to get back in the game.

One of 'em was a run up the gut by Thompson on 3rd and 1, and then a run on the outside on 4th and 1. Why not throw the ball, as we was having success?
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote