Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dallas Score Predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM   #46
WestCoastSkinsFan
Special Teams

Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Skins 16, Cowboys 13.

Offensive player of the game: Portis w/ 150 all-purpose yards and a TD.
Defensive player of the game: Griffin w/ a sack or two, several hurries and a force fumble.
WestCoastSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #47
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
RedskinRat, they scored 21 points in the last Monday night game with Vinny Testaverde at QB. And that was with our vaunted D, which included Fred Smoot and Antonio Pierce.

Don't overestimate our defense based on their performance against the Bears. I'll agree they're the saving grace for our team this year, but Bledsoe is hot and not nearly as immobile as everyone has said, Jones is a good running back (though I do believe we will stuff their running game), and Witten, Crayton, Johnson and Glenn will prove to be too much to handle. Plus, as good as our D is, we have trouble pressuring the QB without a blitz. Trust me, Bledsoe has seen every blitz package imaginable, and he will adjust to it perfectly.

None of this even accounts for the fact that Parcells has always had Gibbs' number, and the Cowboys have always had the Redskins' number -- no matter how good Washington is or how bad Dallas is.

I hope I'm wrong, but they're going to clobber the Redskins Monday night.
I also hope you're wrong

Our D only has to make one Blitz work and Bledsoe will be done. Their back-up is Romo, who I expect to see him early in the 3rd.

As we're in our second season of the same scheme of D so I look for an increase, not a plateau or decrease. Taylor isn't a rookie anymore, our corners, far from being worse for the loss of Bailey and Smoot seem to have gotten better. Our D line are overachievers of the highest calibre and I hope soon that people start treating them like stars. The LB corps.....Ooooooh, Lordy!

As for them having our number, I see it like the passing of the Ice Age (although I'm not actually old enough to talk from experience) in that we are due our turn of dominance. I think that the team is entering its warming phase, soon to be tropical.

Let's all enjoy the balmy days ahead.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #48
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Redskins - 14
Cowboys - 13
--------------
FINAL

Cowboys wil have the ball last ahd will be driving for a score when Taylor intercepts a Bledsoe pass in the end zone intended for Terry Glenn.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:17 PM   #49
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
I hate to do this, but ... even at the risk of being a called a "so-called fan", here's my prediction:

Cowboys 27
Redskins 6

The 'boys put 28 points on a good Charger defense in San Diego, while we were good for 9 against the Bears with home field advantage.

Last year, with Testaverde at QB, the Cowboys had no problem getting 21 points through the air with almost no running game, and somehow Dallas always seems to be able to stuff our run whether it's Stephen Davis or Clinton Portis, who last year, was a non-factor.

To me, it doesn't look good for the Skins at all.
Sadly, Beemnseven, I think you're right on the money.

I don't think it will matter whether Ramsey or Brunell is the quarterback in this one. Ramsey would get eaten alive by their blitz, and Brunell's not aggressive enough to punish the Dallas D for clamping down on Portis like a pack of wild dogs.

I also watched the Chargers game last weekend, and Dallas impressed me-- particularly their offense. The Redskins defense is still good, but I don't like the offense's chances against the Dallas D. The offense won't be able to sustain drives or maintain possession long enough to keep the defense fresh, and Parcells will just start wearing them down with the running of Julius Jones.

Of course, the Skins could do the same thing to Bledsoe that the Cowboys would've done to Ramsey: ship him out of the stadium in a body bag. Both QBs are sitting ducks to a blitz-happy defense. If the Redskins decommission Bledsoe, they have a chance. Otherwise, I see Bledsoe making just enough big plays through the air to keep the defense honest and give Jones enough wiggle room on the ground to wear down the defensive front.

This game is in Dallas. It's Parcells knowing every move Gibbs is going to make. It's the recent history of Dallas dominance over Washington. It's the blind referees that always seem to follow Washington around to every crucial matchup. It's the one game that I dread every year, because the next day I inevitably have to face all those pompous, sneering Cowboy fans and hear "how 'bout them Cowboys?" hollered across the office building every time the game is brought up in conversation. It's not going to be any different this year.

Cowboys 27, Redskins 6.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #50
ladyfan06
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
Sadly, Beemnseven, I think you're right on the money.

I don't think it will matter whether Ramsey or Brunell is the quarterback in this one. Ramsey would get eaten alive by their blitz, and Brunell's not aggressive enough to punish the Dallas D for clamping down on Portis like a pack of wild dogs.

I also watched the Chargers game last weekend, and Dallas impressed me-- particularly their offense. The Redskins defense is still good, but I don't like the offense's chances against the Dallas D. The offense won't be able to sustain drives or maintain possession long enough to keep the defense fresh, and Parcells will just start wearing them down with the running of Julius Jones.

Of course, the Skins could do the same thing to Bledsoe that the Cowboys would've done to Ramsey: ship him out of the stadium in a body bag. Both QBs are sitting ducks to a blitz-happy defense. If the Redskins decommission Bledsoe, they have a chance. Otherwise, I see Bledsoe making just enough big plays through the air to keep the defense honest and give Jones enough wiggle room on the ground to wear down the defensive front.

This game is in Dallas. It's Parcells knowing every move Gibbs is going to make. It's the recent history of Dallas dominance over Washington. It's the blind referees that always seem to follow Washington around to every crucial matchup. It's the one game that I dread every year, because the next day I inevitably have to face all those pompous, sneering Cowboy fans and hear "how 'bout them Cowboys?" hollered across the office building every time the game is brought up in conversation. It's not going to be any different this year.

Cowboys 27, Redskins 6.
Although your prediction is not entirely out of the question, the burgundy and gold that I bleed just won't let me make the presumption that we are going to lose this time..I am still going with--

REDSKINS-21
Dallas Crackheads-14

Cowboys win it? Say it ain't so, please just say it ain't so.....
Old 09-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #51
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Redskins 19 Cowboys 6
Old 09-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #52
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
The betting folks have us as big favorites
36-6
http://www.linesandodds.com/nfl-lines.php3
Actually that means they have Dallas by 6 with and over/under of 36. Pretty damn low over/under.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #53
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

If we can hold the cowturds under 14 we can win. That being said we win 17 - 13. Portis gets over 100 yards to maintain the streak of getting over a hundred yards and winning.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #54
saden1
MVP

17-14 Cowboys. Prove me wrong Redskins, pr-ove-me-wro-ng!
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:42 PM   #55
skinnyfan
Special Teams

24-10...........Dallas

I pray I'm wrong.
skinnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #56
ladyfan06
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfan
24-10...........Dallas

I pray I'm wrong.
Am I on the right website? I thought this was a Redskin's fans website, there surely are a lot of you with a lack of faith in your team....sheesh!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:05 PM   #57
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

13-6 skins
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #58
Big Oh
Camp Scrub

Unhappy Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfan06
Am I on the right website? I thought this was a Redskin's fans website, there surely are a lot of you with a lack of faith in your team....sheesh!
Its not about faith, its about the truth. I hope he's wrong too but if we cant find the end zone we are finished.

Man, I hate Dallas!!!!
I'm going to check myself into a mental hospital after saying this but...

I say 14-9 Dallas.

Too early in the season for this kinda game and we must admit the Cowgirls have improved. Plus the home field advantage.
Now I need a drink....
Big Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #59
ladyfan06
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oh
Its not about faith, its about the truth. I hope he's wrong too but if we cant find the end zone we are finished.

Man, I hate Dallas!!!!
I'm going to check myself into a mental hospital after saying this but...

I say 14-9 Dallas.

Too early in the season for this kinda game and we must admit the Cowgirls have improved. Plus the home field advantage.
Now I need a drink....
It is okay to believe that our team is not the absolute best, that is being realistic and that is fine but you guys are talking like we are about to play the New England Patriots or something.....DALLAS SUCKS and they are not all that great either!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:17 PM   #60
CROOKEDSKINS
Camp Scrub

I agree with ladyfan
dallas had a good game against a charger team i think is overrated
gibbs will have them pumped up i wouldnt pick the boys to win if it ment
it would save my life.
GO SKINS
CROOKEDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote