Smoke Signals: The heat is rising on Jim Zorn

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Smoke Signals: The heat is rising on Jim Zorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
guys lets get serious this team stinks the play calling and the quarterback are one of the worst in the league. and lets not go crazy about campbell this week,we played the freakin rams they stink too.
Based on what?

He's completing 69% of his throws right now, has a healthy 7.4 yards per attempt, only 1 INT, and is 2 TD drops away from having a rating in the mid 90s.

What else do you want from the guy at this point?

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #17
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Based on what?

He's completing 69% of his throws right now, has a healthy 7.4 yards per attempt, only 1 INT, and is 2 TD drops away from having a rating in the mid 90s.

You should know by now that even if Campbell leads us to a Super Bowl while curing cancer, reviving dead grandparents and making it rain chocolate some people will still complain.

Cancer? C'mon, why didn't Campbell cure diabetes?

I hated my grandparents, now I've got to visit zombies every holiday!

My car is sticky from the chocolate rain.

Campbell sucks!

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

The note on Heyer's struggles catch my eye...that was w/ Randy Thomas covering for him in a variety of situations. Now Heyer will be the vet on the right side of the line...it's a little worrisome.

Onto the matter of coaching chaneover...man I'm just less for it the more I think about things. Realistically I don't see Snyder having the opportunity to bring in a better replacement than someone already on the staff. Again Shanahan is a money man and would come here for a bag of loot but he wasn't anything special this decade, and that was in a piss-poor AFC division (apart of San Diego). I think it's naive to think Snyder can really lure a great coach here. Letting Zorn go so Buges or Blache takeover is one thing...probably just puts the ball in JC's hands more and I'm all for it. But a regime change means, well, just more change almost for the sake of change.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #19
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Oh man, Campbell was super pissed on this play. It looks like he directed his angst at Heyer though, who didn't do a great job himself, but Campbell thought he had something.
I noticed that. Who says JC lacks fire? I think he has really become a vocal leader on this team. Good for him!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #20
redskinslick
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
You should know by now that even if Campbell leads us to a Super Bowl while curing cancer, reviving dead grandparents and making it rain chocolate some people will still complain.

I hated my grandparents, now I've got to visit zombies every holiday!

My car is sticky from the chocolate rain.

Campbell sucks!
LOL. This Is true...This is true!!!
redskinslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Clearly Campbell has some 'in' with a Pharmaco that is developing a treatment for diabetes, so naturally he's making it rain chocolate.

/sarc

Winning (big) will cure everything and if, as Portis says, they are just a tiny adjustment away from it all working we'll see that against the Lions this Sunday.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Based on what?

I totally agree with you. JC has not played that bad. He has made 2 or 3 mistakes here and there but every QB makes mistakes. Even Manning and Peyton and I am not comparing JC to them. When receivers stop dropping TD passes or passes in general then you can draw whatever conclusion you like. This was happening for the past tow years if you can recall. But we have to have patience. Honestly Campbell is better than some of the QBs we have had here in the last 10 years as far as potential. He just doesn't get a fair chance. He has a season and almost a half worth of games.

QBs have a short leash here because us as fans sometimes have unrealitisc expectations. We can't go to the Superbowl every year. MOST Qbs need time to develop. Those that come in and are gangbusters from the beginning is really an anomaly. Most QBs have stability in one system for years. Not a different OC every year.

The season is young. People need to allow him to make mistakes and not be overly critical that is the only way he will learn and reach his true potential. I am not a JC apologist. Just being realistic. Defense and running game lend alot to the development of a QB. As well as stabilty. So take that into consideration when you compare JC to Flacco, Ryan or Sanchez. On another that note. Sanchez has played well. But he hasn't neccessarily had to put the team on his back. Ryan had a top ranked running game and a sloid defense. Flacco has an awesome defense and a decent running game. When you have these things its easier to win as a QB because everything is not on your shoulders.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
jsarno
Franchise Player

Do you know what cures all negativity? A solid win!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Do you know what cures all negativity? A solid win!
Exactly