Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Time to move the F on, let's talk about the Lions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #91
irish
Playmaker

Re: Time to move the F on, let's talk about the Lions

The Skins just dont have the firepower to score 40 or tear a team apart. That said, the Skins dont lost this game, they win in a carbon copy of last week (except this time they punch in a TD).
Skins 10
Lions 7
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #92
Skinny Tee
The Starter

PFT’s Picks: Lions to finally end losing streak - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

NBC Sports has us losing 17-12.

I can't say I don't agree, with the loss not the score. As long as we're pulling close with teams like this you really can't say even the worst teams in the league would be out of the game.

I personally think it will be close to either team making a winning drive at the end.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #93
mredskins
MVP

So I am reading SI's sit or start em weekly column and they have to dig o nthe Skins even in that column!

Kevin Smith -- Consider me impressed after Smith racked up 83 yards against the stout Minnesota front. This week he faces a Washington D that surrendered 126 rushing yards to the lowly Rams. Albert Haynesworth is quickly moving up the list of Daniel Snyder free-agent buffoonery, although he's not in the Adam Archuleta/Brandon Lloyd/Jeff George tier yet. Smith continues to get virtually all the carries for Detroit while remaining involved in the passing game.

Like really AH is doing a good job...please enough already!

Read more: Who to start, who to sit in Week*3 of NFL fantasy - SI.com - Fantasy
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #94
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So I am reading SI's sit or start em weekly column and they have to dig o nthe Skins even in that column!

Kevin Smith -- Consider me impressed after Smith racked up 83 yards against the stout Minnesota front. This week he faces a Washington D that surrendered 126 rushing yards to the lowly Rams. Albert Haynesworth is quickly moving up the list of Daniel Snyder free-agent buffoonery, although he's not in the Adam Archuleta/Brandon Lloyd/Jeff George tier yet. Smith continues to get virtually all the carries for Detroit while remaining involved in the passing game.

Wish I could get paid to write total crap.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #95
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

agree with Matty

wasn't Steven Jackson the bright spot of the Rams season? and take away the long run? and Jacobs was held to what?

It amazes me that people pile on, and write total crap and people flock to them.

Well if the Lions run for more than 80 yds color me surprised.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #96
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Not sure which is more insulting, that the Skins can't stop the run, or that Kevin Smith is the same caliber as Steven Jackson.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #97
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

From what I've been reading, I just don't see the Lions being able to a) stop us or b) score on us.

Stafford apparently is having problems with accuracy and, against Minnesota, the game plan was shortened up taking away some of the threat posed by C. Johnson. Last week against Minn. K. Smith averaged 3.5 yards on 24 carries with a long run of 13 yards.

Defensively, they have a horrible pass defense - Brees averaged 10.5 yards per attempt!! and Farve hit 23 of 27 passes averaging 5.7 per attempt. This says to me they can't stop the short or the long ball. Their run defense gave up 91 yards on 15 attempts to Peterson and, in week 1, 143 yards on 24 carries to M. Bell. Yes, these are two very good offenses but what evidence is there that Detroit can stop anyone.

Look, I know we are having some scoring issues - but it's like GTripp said, they only argument that the Lions have is that they have to win sometime, and, while it's true that bad teams can beat less bad teams, I just don't see this happening. The players are going to be focused and, even if they play the same game against Detroit that they played against the Rams, they will win - AND they would win by more. Detroit is that bad.

With all that said, I have now officially jinxed us and we will lose by 20.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #98
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
From what I've been reading, I just don't see the Lions being able to a) stop us or b) score on us.

Stafford apparently is having problems with accuracy and, against Minnesota, the game plan was shortened up taking away some of the threat posed by C. Johnson. Last week against Minn. K. Smith averaged 3.5 yards on 24 carries with a long run of 13 yards.

Defensively, they have a horrible pass defense - Brees averaged 10.5 yards per attempt!! and Farve hit 23 of 27 passes averaging 5.7 per attempt. This says to me they can't stop the short or the long ball. Their run defense gave up 91 yards on 15 attempts to Peterson and, in week 1, 143 yards on 24 carries to M. Bell. Yes, these are two very good offenses but what evidence is there that Detroit can stop anyone.

Look, I know we are having some scoring issues - but it's like GTripp said, they only argument that the Lions have is that they have to win sometime, and, while it's true that bad teams can beat less bad teams, I just don't see this happening. The players are going to be focused and, even if they play the same game against Detroit that they played against the Rams, they will win - AND they would win by more. Detroit is that bad.

With all that said, I have now officially jinxed us and we will lose by 20.
When you get two teams that can't score on each other then it's anybodys game at the end. We need some 21+yard plays this week so we don't have to touch the redzone.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #99
sancho2613
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
PFT’s Picks: Lions to finally end losing streak - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

NBC Sports has us losing 17-12.

I can't say I don't agree, with the loss not the score. As long as we're pulling close with teams like this you really can't say even the worst teams in the league would be out of the game.

I personally think it will be close to either team making a winning drive at the end.
I read a similar article at PFT. I really can't believe that they believe Lions will win this game, I know that Wsh hasn't been playing well but I highly doubt that one of the worst (or the worst) team in the NFL will beat the Redskins. The Lions are playing at home and The Skins have been playing pretty bad i know but I just don't believe the Lions could score much. Wsh has been poor offensively but I think they'll bounce back this week... Oh and apparently this PFT writer thought the Skins would go to the SB this year IDK if any of you had read that but It was interesting to me. If they turn it around this week they just might just become a SB caliber team because they do have the talent

Here's the link if you haven't read the article: Out on a limb for the Lions | ProFootballTalk.com