Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #76
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Torain is a great physical back that none of the eagles LB's or secondary could cover. Quick name me all the eagles starting LBs....

exactly you can't because their no names who suck. Supposedly 5'9 rookie Brian Rolle of Ohio St is a new OLB for them over Casey Matthews. Then you have Fokou from maryland who can't cover or tackle in space. And don't forget Jamar Chaney who bites a lot on play action and overruns plays and takes bad angles. I like our chances in 2 weeks.
Hey, I can name all the Eagles LBs.

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #77
#56fanatic
The Starter

I think the "coaches" on here should lay off Haslett and his blitz packages and when he uses it. Look, we are the best in the NFL on 3rd for a reason. I think its because of Haslett not inspite of Haslett. He has turned this defense (so far) into the defense that can hold opponents down and win games for us. Holding the Giants to 14, the Cowboys to 6 FG's, the Rams to under 200 yards for the game. I know its the Rams, but holding any NFL team to a total yardage of under 200 is impressive in my book.

SO.....let the man call his game. He obviously has the confidence in our corners and safeties to get the job done on those blitzes. if he didn't he would be calling them.

Or he is calling them to cover up the inability of the corners to cover?? Having guys that can't cover only cover for 1 to 2 seconds vs 3 or 4 seconds is a big difference.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #78
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Here we go

Rex Grossman Overall he didn't have a bad game. He was actually quite solid up until the final quarter, including a nice TD pass to Moss and some nice throws to Gaffney. And the first INT along with the dropped Hightower pass on 3rd and short were not even remotely Rex's fault. All that said for the second week in a row he faltered when it was "clutch time" Very poor decision on the Laurianitis INT and a poor throw to Moss on 3rd down late in the 4th quarter. Rex can't keep making those mistakes. Still..."We're 3-1 inspite of Rex" is an argument I just don't buy...at all.

Brandon Banks No idea what you're doing dude. Actually I suspect Banks thinks (perhaps with reason) his job is hanging by a thread so he needs to bust out a big return to justify his spot on the roster. But you're killing the team with some of these returns.

Penalties We played sloppy today. What did we have 10 penalties? More? We had 10 the first three games of the season.

FOX Sports Broadcast Not a good effort. Feed kept going in and out. Crazy aerial camera angles...on running plays. No sideline reporters. Not like FOX

Kyle Shanahan In my opinion one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL. But he doesn't have to remind everyone of it all the time. Keep it simple stupid
Grossman consistently makes throws that a rookie makes. He did it 4-5 times yesterday. A TD was flat out dropped. I've seen enough. Put in Beck. Grossman is what he is.

Banks will not be in the roster by the end of the year.

The penalties were out of control. What a painful game to watch. Every other play there was a flag.

Kyle still think he's in Houston.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #79
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
0 blitz rules! Don't be a girl. Real men use 0 blitz. Yesterday I was in a bar trying to pick up a chick. Rather then walking up to her and simply saying "hi" I said "I want to f**k you." 0 blitz for the win!

Also I wanted a raise from my boss so what did I do. Ran into his office, tackled him, and demanded a raise! 0 blitz FTW!

Also I wanted to get a game free from Gamestop so after I got out of jail on bail I ran to my local shop jumped over the counter and grabbed a copy of Wii Fit. 0 blitz FTW
Dirt, this made my day & it's still early! thank you, this was absolutely inspiring! Can't stop laughing to myself.

I'm going to change all of my long-range plans & incorporate the 0 blitz. don't worry I'll quote you, you can patent the "0 blitz business plan". Too bad Billy Mays isn't around to do the infomercial.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #80
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I think the "coaches" on here should lay off Haslett and his blitz packages and when he uses it. Look, we are the best in the NFL on 3rd for a reason. I think its because of Haslett not inspite of Haslett. He has turned this defense (so far) into the defense that can hold opponents down and win games for us. Holding the Giants to 14, the Cowboys to 6 FG's, the Rams to under 200 yards for the game. I know its the Rams, but holding any NFL team to a total yardage of under 200 is impressive in my book.

SO.....let the man call his game. He obviously has the confidence in our corners and safeties to get the job done on those blitzes. if he didn't he would be calling them.

Or he is calling them to cover up the inability of the corners to cover?? Having guys that can't cover only cover for 1 to 2 seconds vs 3 or 4 seconds is a big difference.
Gotta figure we'll see more deep zone v. Philly, don't give up the big play, make Vick lead drives. I think we were best yesterday when we played for coverage & only rushed 4 or 5. We now have the front that can get consistent pressure. I think that's the way to play philly - bend, don't break.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #81
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Throwing on short yardage isn't much of a "gamble" to me, and these coaches have shown they are going to be aggressive. Gotta keep the pedal down in this league.
This is true. As the case of yesterday, you have to stay aggressive no matter how many points you're up by. Dallas and Philly could be a testament of that, not to mention our Redskins.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #82
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Aaron Rodgers' epic 6-TD performance vs. Broncos gives him early MVP edge - Peter King - SI.com

nothing but love from peter king about us this week.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #83
rbanerjee23
The Starter

"Overall Grossman didn't have a bad game" -- dude posted a 48.8 Quarterback Rating and did even worse according to the new TQBR out of ESPN. By what definition did he have a good game?

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #84
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
"Overall Grossman didn't have a bad game" -- dude posted a 48.8 Quarterback Rating and did even worse according to the new TQBR out of ESPN. By what definition did he have a good game?
We get it man. You hate Grossman.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #85
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Rex - Inexcusable INT again... especially in that game. Also he's the worst roller-outter. It's a shame cuz our offense plays so well to the PA bootleg. There's 15-yard chunks of open field but he's too damn slow. Our PA is only effective when he stays in the pocket.

BB - Worst game I've seen from him, he reminded me of ARE out there. Didn't see much blocking though.

Rob Jackson - Roughing the passer was dumb and costly. Second week in a row he's left me scratching my head. There seems to be some talent here but not sure he's playing with a full deck. I'm scared every time he's on the field.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote