Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I think Grossman's struggles underneath are directly correlated to the Skins Red Zone troubles, which is why we really need to establish short yardage running as an alternative....or a fade or something. Why is it Grossman only throws picks in the redzone of either side?...it must be the defense in aggressive situations
I don't think either pick came in the RZ today

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #47
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't think either pick came in the RZ today
:confused: I agree. His first pick wasn't even in the redzone, it was on the opposing half of the field. His second pick was on our half of the field. That doesn't show a redzone problem, that shows a pick throwing problem. And that's being kind considering the first pick was Moss' fault.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #48
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
:confused: I agree. His first pick wasn't even in the redzone, it was on the opposing half of the field. His second pick was on our half of the field. That doesn't show a redzone problem, that shows a pick throwing problem. And that's being kind considering the first pick was Moss' fault.
That first pick was ALL Moss, except that your average fan just reacts without looking at the whole picture. The ball hit Moss right on the hands, he should've caught that.

The second pick was ALL Rex.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #49
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

play calling wasn't good today on offense. Rex like people have said, doesn't see underneath coverage. I would definitely start giving Beck more reps like he and Rex are fighting for the starting spot. I'm excited that our secondary is going to be more improved after the Bye week with Buchanon coming back.

Brandon Banks isn't really anything special--yet--on special teams for us this year.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #50
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Didnt get to see the game,but from reading the comments seems most people think Kyle is doing a piss poor job playcalling.This is exactly the reason I didnt like this hire.Were stuck with kyle so long as his Dads the coach,nepotism at its finest.
At the start of the season I voted for Rex to be the starter,now I wouldnt mind seeing what Beck can do.At 3-1 its not going to happen.
While I wouldnt say Rex caused us to lose last week,he did keep us from winning,if that makes sense.If he doesnt fumble we have a good shot at the fg,he should have been holding the ball better,no question.From watching the replays the int he did throw today that was his fault was terrible but it looked like somehow our defense bailed us out and kept the Rams from scoring,so he lucked out there.
Also,Matty why was the gameday thread closed,did I miss something,ive never seen that before?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #51
MTK
\m/

I thought the play calling was fine. People wanted to run, well we ran.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I thought the play calling was fine. People wanted to run, well we ran.
Other than the constant bootlegs, which are only good in small doses, I didn't have an issue with it. And in hindsight putting the ball in Grossman's hands with the lead late in the game that led to the pick that was his fault, well that was a bad call, but at the time I completely understood it. That's just the aggressiveness of his playcalling, which I want in a offensive coordinator. The only problem is the personnel don't really fit the aggressive scheme (I'm looking at Grossman here).
Old 10-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Rex is capable of playing better. Not sure what his problem has been of late, but I think he knows he needs to get it in gear.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #54
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Didnt get to see the game,but from reading the comments seems most people think Kyle is doing a piss poor job playcalling.This is exactly the reason I didnt like this hire.Were stuck with kyle so long as his Dads the coach,nepotism at its finest.
At the start of the season I voted for Rex to be the starter,now I wouldnt mind seeing what Beck can do.At 3-1 its not going to happen.
While I wouldnt say Rex caused us to lose last week,he did keep us from winning,if that makes sense.If he doesnt fumble we have a good shot at the fg,he should have been holding the ball better,no question.From watching the replays the int he did throw today that was his fault was terrible but it looked like somehow our defense bailed us out and kept the Rams from scoring,so he lucked out there.
Also,Matty why was the gameday thread closed,did I miss something,ive never seen that before?
Right, because every dad spoils his son and never punishes them. Mike has an ego, and I doubt his son has had no experience of Angry and Competitive Mike.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Because at the end nobody was talking about the game.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #56
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Rex is capable of playing better. Not sure what his problem has been of late, but I think he knows he needs to get it in gear.
True, but I think Rex works better when you don't put all the pressure on him. He's never gonna be the "put the team on his back" type, and I think you need an elite passer if you want to be aggressive all the time in this league.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #57
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Listening to the post game, Al Galdi suggested that "this is who Rex is. This is who he has always been. Capable of great games and NOT so great games". I think that pretty much says it all.
BUT if the Shanny's really thought JB was ready, he'd be in.
On the good side, we're 3-1, leading the division and going in to the bye. This Rex/Beck....thing will not have much merit next year.......
If if I were Kyle S, I would seriously be calling games to take ALL the stress off Rex as is possible as 3rd and long...ain't a long term path for success with Rex.
HTTR!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #58
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I dunno....remember its R e x G r o s s m a n we are talking about.
I dont think it gets any better than this.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #59
The Goat
Pro Bowl

All has been pretty much covered but I'm especially perplexed w/ Banks still having a job. With three very solid RBs in rotation why don't we have one guy on KR? And Niles Paul could do PR right?

...frees up a roster spot...for Curry
Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I dunno....remember its R e x G r o s s m a n we are talking about.
I dont think it gets any better than this.
yeah kinda sums up my feeling with Rex.

See my biggest effing problem is I like to see my players get better as the season goes on....Rex started great and progressively gotten terrible.

Pull up the numbers today, it frightenly bad how Rex played. Silver lining is we still won...but his play just keeps getting worse. Play like that on the road vs any other team woulda resulted in a lose.

I kinda expect Rex to play much better against St. Louis, that play today was sincerely "old, bad Rex". I dont like that guy

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote