Heartbreak City: Redskins-Saints Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Heartbreak City: Redskins-Saints Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
And start anew? That's typical Skins fan. We have a group of guys fighting through injuries and a brutal schedule for the HC and each other. You build winners through fire NOT by firing them after three years of improved play and depth.
Idw start over either, especially because Kirk might walk if Gruden walks.

But damnit man! Something has to change. And I don't trust Gruden to know enough about defense to overrule Manusky and figure out how to stop the 2 minute sieve we currently have. Manusky seems pretty set in his ways too, you'd think after all the points we've given up at the end of the half he'd change something. But nah.

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #62
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I just don't trust Gruden anymore. I think most people would agree. We needed 1 damn yard and he calls another stupid play for 2nd week in a row. He's not improving at all during the most important parts of games.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Even with a win, we wouldn't make the playoffs. Look at how stacked the nfc is this yr. 10-6 isn't even a guarantee in the WC. If we finish 500 I'll be happy considering the injuries this team has had all year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #64
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

When we needed a sack the most, nobody could deliver yet again. We need a Pass rusher bad in the draft or OS.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #65
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Even with a win, we wouldn't make the playoffs. Look at how stacked the nfc is this yr. 10-6 isn't even a guarantee in the WC. If we finish 500 I'll be happy considering the injuries this team has had all year.

Being as there is no way in hell Gruden can win 6 straight. Might as well go 5-11 and get a top 5ish pick. Might need a qb, and if not we can get a stud or trade down and rack up picks.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:44 PM   #66
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This loss broke my spirit for rest of this season. On to 2018 and reading up on prospects, especially on defensive side.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This loss broke my spirit for rest of this season. On to 2018 and reading up on prospects, especially on defensive side.
You were expecting this loss from the beginning. Yes it was a heart wrenching way to lose but it was in fact a 7-2 team riding a 7 game win streak and for the 2nd week in a row we put up 30 points one of the top defenses in the league.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #68
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You were expecting this loss from the beginning. Yes it was a heart wrenching way to lose but it was in fact a 7-2 team riding a 7 game win streak and for the 2nd week in a row we put up 30 points one of the top defenses in the league.
I don't have any problems with the offensive players. They played well enough to win. I have a problem with Gruden. Expecting to lose before the game is not a justification for Gruden to be a bonehead during the actual game that was winnable. He led a 0.04% chance of losing to defeat. That is pathetic and thats ultimately on the HC. I want a defensive head coach that hires a real OC.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

When a team can outplay another team except at crucial moments of the games it says a whole lot about a coaching staff. This team consistently gets beat at the end of halves. It consistently gets beat in crucial moments. That is on both sides of the ball. You can lay some of that on players choking, but most of it is coaching or putting said players in a position to SEAL THE MOTHERFUCKING DEAL. Gruden not only has no ability to seal the deal but his playcalling is straight garbage. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that with a half a yard to go to win a game you are not sneaking it or handing it off straight up the fucking middle. Hey Gruden the shortest distance between two points is a straight fucking line. Holy shit. He should be fired tonight. Let Manusky take over as interim.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

You aren’t getting off that easy. Lol. This team is going to win out. Trust me. They are going to have you drinking kool aid by the bucket. Only to absolutely shit the bed in the wildcard game when they next play a good team again.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #71
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You aren’t getting off that easy. Lol. This team is going to win out. Trust me. They are going to have you drinking kool aid by the bucket. Only to absolutely shit the bed in the wildcard game when they next play a good team again.
LOL! Even at 10-6, they won't make it in as a wild card. Perfect ending to a frustrating season will be seeing the Cowboys taking the last WC spot and actually advancing.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #72
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
When a team can outplay another team except at crucial moments of the games it says a whole lot about a coaching staff. This team consistently gets beat at the end of halves. It consistently gets beat in crucial moments. That is on both sides of the ball. You can lay some of that on players choking, but most of it is coaching or putting said players in a position to SEAL THE MOTHERFUCKING DEAL. Gruden not only has no ability to seal the deal but his playcalling is straight garbage. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that with a half a yard to go to win a game you are not sneaking it or handing it off straight up the fucking middle. Hey Gruden the shortest distance between two points is a straight fucking line. Holy shit. He should be fired tonight. Let Manusky take over as interim.
So the coach who is directly responsible for the unit that has consistently collapsed at the end of half/game should be the one to take over. That makes sense.

The team should have gotten the half yard. At the NO 35 the team should have been running not throwing. But I'm still not a fan of blowing up the team at this point .
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:42 PM   #73
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
More likely we win 5 in a row and Gruden Gruden's during the 6th game. Maybe next time we need a yard in a crucial situation we can call a triple reverse.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
This to the highest power!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #75
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Read Keim's ESPN article. What a complete bumble fuck that audible was that led to the intentional grounding call was. Trying to yell in an audible on the road with a raucous crowd, another legendary coaching decision by Gruden.