Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Erosion of Redskins fans"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #16
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: "Erosion of Redskins fans"

I had this exact same conversation with my buddy just the other day.

He was telling me that he thinks he's finally done as a fan, as far as just admitting that there is totally no hope as long as Snyder and Allen are around.

I don't think Allen is going anywhere, Snyder isn't either, which probably means the future for us will continue to be bleak.

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I don’t recall the amount of injuries this season all across the NFL. I guess other teams like the 49ers, Giants, TB, Indy, Baltimore, etc. Are suffering from lack of conditioning? Teams don’t practice like they used to (hitting) do to the bargain agreement. Maybe that’s the problem? New concussion rules also take players out for multiple games or season (Nicholson, Spaight a few years ago).

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

He was telling me that he thinks he's finally done as a fan, as far as just admitting that there is totally no hope as long as Snyder and Allen are around.

I don't think Allen is going anywhere, Snyder isn't either, which probably means the future for us will continue to be bleak.
If your thinking about leaving as a fan..then go. Shit, peace. I’m 100% down with the skins til the end.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If your thinking about leaving as a fan..then go. Shit, peace. I’m 100% down with the skins til the end.

Ditto

I get tired of whiny fans, if you’re not on board then leave, nobody is holding a gun to your head, being a fan is a choice
Old 12-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #20
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

Is reading that difficult? Where do i say, "I am leaving as a fan." "I am done with us." I am talking about someone in the 3rd person. That seemed pretty obvious i thought.

I am pointing out also what is obvious. Allen and Snyder aren't going anywhere. Christ.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #21
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Well it seems Snyder really hasn't been too involved since RG3 and has let the team President run things. These are Allen's guys from Tampa.

If and when the teams starts winning the fans will come back. It's that simple.

As far as the injuries, how do you train for someone rolling up on your leg? Or a concussion? A lot of this is just bad luck.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:57 AM   #22
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

I had the opportunity to attend and on-field touch football event this year at FedEx field this year at the end of September. I can honestly say that is the worst field I have ever played on. I fell several times due to poor footing, the grass is non existent its mostly clay and I was bleeding from my knees and my shins at the end of a "scrimmage". I played football in both highschool and college and never experienced that kind of "falling" during walkthroughs, which this basically was. I can't image the toll/damage this would take on fast, high caliber athletes.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:57 AM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Ditto

I get tired of whiny fans, if you’re not on board then leave, nobody is holding a gun to your head, being a fan is a choice
I disagree with the artical,yes there might be a bit of truth in it. It's everywhere ,it is going on through out the NFL .Saturation of product,bad product and the hugh cost of the NFL experience for just one game let alone a season has pushed the NFL to the brink of being out of the reach of the common fan.Now add in politics and social activism to a game of entertainment from high priced ,spoiled(criminal)punks and you are set for disaster.Many fans of the Skins I know as well as my own family with Giants seats ,sell them now on stub hub and other place's to help pay for the seats themselves becuase of the cost of them in the first place.
I think things have changed in the NFL and while fans still will watch I do believe that many old time fans are getting tired of the BS going on with the NFL , owners, players ,rule changes ,etc. I agree MTK it's a choice but it's one the NFL seems to not care about whether you make or not.Now as for Redskin fans let them get to a second round playoff game or the NFC champion ship game and those fans will be back in a heartbeat!
Old 12-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Is reading that difficult? Where do i say, "I am leaving as a fan." "I am done with us." I am talking about someone in the 3rd person. That seemed pretty obvious i thought.

I am pointing out also what is obvious. Allen and Snyder aren't going anywhere. Christ.
Yeah I got that...and mtk was making a general statement. You’re good SS.

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2017, 06:51 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
I had the opportunity to attend and on-field touch football event this year at FedEx field this year at the end of September. I can honestly say that is the worst field I have ever played on. I fell several times due to poor footing, the grass is non existent its mostly clay and I was bleeding from my knees and my shins at the end of a "scrimmage". I played football in both highschool and college and never experienced that kind of "falling" during walkthroughs, which this basically was. I can't image the toll/damage this would take on fast, high caliber athletes.
Interesting...thanks for sharing. Certainly sounds like they need to replace the field

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #26
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think we could have been a 10 win team if it wasn’t for the ridiculous amount of injuries. If I’m the owner I’m saying what the F are we doing regarding our training and conditioning programs?
I agree. Considering the amount of injuries its amazing to me how competitive this team has been. I also agree that something need to be done with the training and conditioning. After the injury plagued 2016 season the Nationals looked at how much all the injuries cost and it was staggering so they completely revised their training programs and it appeared to pay off. The Skins need to do something.

As for the erosion of the fan base, winning is the ultimate deodorant. If the team starts winning all will be well.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
we all say "we are about done" and then we never leave.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #28
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I agree. Considering the amount of injuries its amazing to me how competitive this team has been. I also agree that something need to be done with the training and conditioning. After the injury plagued 2016 season the Nationals looked at how much all the injuries cost and it was staggering so they completely revised their training programs and it appeared to pay off. The Skins need to do something.

As for the erosion of the fan base, winning is the ultimate deodorant. If the team starts winning all will be well.
It seems that we are among the few that think the Redskins injuries are starting to amount to more than bad luck. Who knows why. Watching the last Giant game at Fedex convinced me something wasn't right. For every Giant that limped off the field 3 Redskins did. Are the players underworked or overworked? Too little hitting in practice or too much? Players not warming up properly before games and practices? Training staff not treating injuries, nicks and dings properly?

As for erosions of fans I admit the last couple Sunday's I have listened to the games while working in the garage and only peek at the TV during key downs, instead of dedicating 3 hours to watching the game. Since they got eliminated from the play-off race I stopped getting all worked up during game time.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

Winning brings back the fair weather fans, who cares, don’t need them.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #30
MTK
\m/

I don’t agree that Allen’s job is safe. The Cousins thing is on him, if he gets away that’s a huge strike against him. I’ve also heard some reports that Allen may be looking to retire, apparently he recently bought a very expensive home to the tune of $7M.