The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2019, 12:16 PM   #31
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Why don’t we wait and see how he does against the Panthers on the road. it’s only his 3rd start, Harmon is starting to contribute making 2 WR that can contribute, lack of TE position is killing us.

Why do we “have to wait and see” at all? What’s wrong with expressing an option every week based on what we’ve seen throughout the season up until that week?

Haskins has not been good at all - so far. Maybe he will get better or maybe he won’t, but his accuracy has been absolutely terrible. He’s missed wide open guys on easy throws so many times. There have been reports about his work ethic all season, but that has supposedly improved some. And then the selfie thing. For every positive thing we see with Haskins, there are atleast 3 negatives.

So far, he appears to be exactly what experts thought he’d be coming into the draft - a long term project. We probably should not expect anything worthwhile from him for a couple years. Whether the team can endure starting him for multiple years as he develops remains to be seen. Is his potential worth tanking for 1-2 more years after this?

Hopefully the next head coach makes the right call (not sure what that is yet) on whether to keep going with Haskins or move in another direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why do we “have to wait and see” at all? What’s wrong with expressing an option every week based on what we’ve seen throughout the season up until that week?

Haskins has not been good at all - so far. Maybe he will get better or maybe he won’t, but his accuracy has been absolutely terrible. He’s missed wide open guys on easy throws so many times. There have been reports about his work ethic all season, but that has supposedly improved some. And then the selfie thing. For every positive thing we see with Haskins, there are atleast 3 negatives.

So far, he appears to be exactly what experts thought he’d be coming into the draft - a long term project. We probably should not expect anything worthwhile from him for a couple years. Whether the team can endure starting him for multiple years as he develops remains to be seen. Is his potential worth tanking for 1-2 more years after this?

Hopefully the next head coach makes the right call (not sure what that is yet) on whether to keep going with Haskins or move in another direction.

Said it several times already, Haskins is a rarity. There are very few quarterbacks that have so much success in college with so few starts. So yes he is on a learning curve. Couple that with the fact that our o line is terrible in pass pro. Brandon Sherrf where are you? I want Chase Young to be a Redskin so bad, but I honestly wouldn’t mind if they spent every freaking pick on o line, and plucked a couple out of free agency.
Haskins development is an issue along with the line, but the biggest problem is BA and DS running the show. We will never ever build a team around Haskins (if he even pans out) with them at the helm.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quinton Dunbar has an 89.9 coverage grade this season.

That is ridiculous!
Old 11-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #34
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Said it several times already, Haskins is a rarity. There are very few quarterbacks that have so much success in college with so few starts. So yes he is on a learning curve. Couple that with the fact that our o line is terrible in pass pro. Brandon Sherrf where are you? I want Chase Young to be a Redskin so bad, but I honestly wouldn’t mind if they spent every freaking pick on o line, and plucked a couple out of free agency.
Haskins development is an issue along with the line, but the biggest problem is BA and DS running the show. We will never ever build a team around Haskins (if he even pans out) with them at the helm.
Defense and a top shelf oline is exactly the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #35
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

So I agree with most of you here regarding yesterday, you can search all you want for positives regarding Haskins, but I just don't see many yet...and the selfies while the game is still going on to me is just ridiculous, especially for a rookie. Grow up. But the biggest takeaway for me, is another empty stadium with a lot of opposing team fans, and tix going for $5....this HAS to be an embarrassment to Snyder right?? He grew up loving the team as we have and they've never experienced this kind of shame in his lifetime to my knowledge, so he HAS to know and realize that he and Bruce have done this...right??? Please someone give me an ounce of hope that he'll change something this offseason....
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #36
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Some of you need to just relax and enjoy a win. Sure it was sloppy, sure Haskins didn't play that well, But when crunch time came we one the game over a crappy team. I enjoyed seeing our players jumping up and down like they just won the SB. As a bonus I then watched the Cowboys get beat. We have some young players that look promising.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #37
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Quinton Dunbar has an 89.9 coverage grade this season.

That is ridiculous!
I really hope we will be able to retain him after his contract expires next year.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #38
Meks
Pro Bowl

#17 is a monster
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #39
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I really hope we will be able to retain him after his contract expires next year.
Renew his ass immediately.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #40
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Extend him, schreff and Roullier after the season

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #41
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Detroit is not a terrible team. They've been in every single game this year, and besides their loss to Minnesota (by 12), all their losses have been by one score. And they haven't missed a beat without Stafford.

It was a good win, period. Great ST, Good DEF, Not so great OFF. I'll take it! I'd rather have a win, however you want to paint it.

Haskins wasn't great. Not even close. I am concerned with his accuracy. He's had an issue sailing the ball over his receivers, as that was an identified weakness coming out of college. Hopefully he can fix that with a good QB coach, and practice. Time will tell.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Detroit is not a terrible team. They've been in every single game this year, and besides their loss to Minnesota (by 12), all their losses have been by one score. And they haven't missed a beat without Stafford.

It was a good win, period. Great ST, Good DEF, Not so great OFF. I'll take it! I'd rather have a win, however you want to paint it.

Haskins wasn't great. Not even close. I am concerned with his accuracy. He's had an issue sailing the ball over his receivers, as that was an identified weakness coming out of college. Hopefully he can fix that with a good QB coach, and practice. Time will tell.

they have lost three in a row without him, and I think it is a safe bet to say they beat us and Chicago with him. They would probably be in the playoff hunt if he didn’t get hurt.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

Detroit with Stafford wins that game relatively easy

Old 11-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #44
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Maybe, we'll never know. My point was that all their games have been decided by one score or less. That didn't change after Stafford got hurt. They also have 3 losses and a tie WITH Stafford...

It's a W. Hate it if you want to.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

Not hating it at all but let’s not pretend it was a win over a quality opponent.