Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Anyone hear Cerrato on DC101?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-08-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Anyone hear Cerrato on DC101?

Vinny Cerrato was on Elliot in the Morning this morning. He talked about how even after Gibbs said he'd come back they kept interviewing and didn't let anyone know Gibbs showed interest. Kept going just incase it fell through, etc.

Then he talked about getting tons of offers for Ramsey then turning them down.

The most important to me were the five players he listed for the draft:
Kellen Winslow Jr.
Sean Taylor
Tommie Harris
Vince Wilfolk
and Will Smith

as their list of potential draftees. I'm pretty sure that's the right order, Smith would have been above Wilfolk. Personally I hope for Taylor or Winslow just because of the huge impact they could have right away, however I was a bit suprised he didn't say Udeeze. Maybe it was a ploy for other teams (that listen to the hugely syndicated Elliot in the morning...) or they aren't interested in him. He mentioned that Gibbs loves the two TE system and they have a blocking TE but might need a catching TE. I personally think Royal has the talent to be an excellent receiver TE, but it definitly made me wonder if they don't have him targeted.

They did say that they didn't ever want to see Warren Sapp in a 'skins uniform and he wasn't the right type of player for us (hurray!)

Edit: I was kind of curious about the punter situation since I knew Hall loved having Barker as a holder. Cerrato mentioned that Tupa and Hall played together at the Jets for 3 or 4 years. Tupa was his holder. Nice to have a famillier duo at work again.

Another thing he mentioned was the first mini-camp was March 25th. He said come on out, but wasn't sure if he was talking to Elliot or the whole listening audience. Any idea if mini-camps might be open? I always though they were closed to the public.

Last edited by Daseal; 03-08-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
Spearhead
Camp Scrub

I didn't hear it, but my girlfriend did (unless she's lying to me again)- said he mentioned why we didn't try to sign Kearse: money. Just too many other team needs.

From what you heard it's looking more and more like Winslow. Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that STaylor's workout was crappy- he was slow and out of shape so he could fall a couple spots. I'm still a huge fan though.

Also heard Wilfork had a monster camp and will almost definitely move up some. He's a really intriguing pick. If he can keep his weight in check, and remember to play every down he could easily become a dominant DT.

Can't help but think we're going to add to the DLine somehow. I haven't heard if BNoble is even expected to play next season.
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'm just afraid Wilfolk would eat Trung before we could trade him.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Daseal
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:39 PM   #5
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'm serious, that guy's going on 450 lbs...
Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #6
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Well 350 anways. He was 330 on pro day and that really sent his stock soaring.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #7
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Lol. That's hilarious, Daseal. :d
Old 03-09-2004, 06:52 AM   #8
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Well if he eats Trung, maybe it will be like the canibals believe - he absorbs the victims 'power' Maybe we'll have a 450lb DT that can run a 4.3 40!

Incidentally, if Taylor is slated to drop 1 or 2 places, anyone think it's worth the risk traindg down to try and grab him AND other picks?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:01 AM   #9
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I think the Lions might grab him. They have so many holes who knows. They could trade down to the Texans or GB and get whatever they wanted for Taylor.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:22 AM   #10
backrow
The Starter

Several Mocks

Several of the 108 Mocks over on hailredskins.com draft board have the Lions stepping up to take Taylor at #6. I especially enjoy the fact that they compare only our spot at #5 among as many Mocks that have posted their picks.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:22 AM   #11
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Never worry about the salary cap my fellow redskin fans. We still can cut
Trung (we need to avoid his salary cap hit like he avoids hits on the field by dancing around east and west) anyday. How much would that put us under the cap? and ohh yeah Mr. Snyder after the draft get Smootie an extension we need to start having more Redskins for life. No more Stephen Davis debacles.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #12
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

Noble is expected to play and its said that the coaches have been impressed by his workouts and cant wait to see him at camp.
SittingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:38 PM   #13
skins009
Impact Rookie

I would be really disappointed if we took Windlow over tayler. We need some defense in the worst way. We don't want to be the Chiefs or Vickings, great offense with no defense. I think the only thing that should be a givin with our first round pick is that is should be a defensive player. I would take Tayler, he's a special player. The only reason why he was out of shape at his pro day was because he has had a hamstring injury and hasn't been able to workout. Thats also why is 40 time was kind of slow. That is if you consider a 4.5 slow for a safety.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #14
EEich
The Starter

If he eats Trung, does Trung still count against our salary cap?
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #15
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

I would take Winslow if he is still there and if not get Taylor. Ohalette and Bowen had more tackles than Roy Williams last year. At safety we could survive. the secondary were ball hogs last year but Spurrier had the car in reverse. Either one is a good pick. It will take a couple years to reach the Super Bowl. Let's get Winslow he will make the money Snyder spent on Coles, Brunnell, Portis, and the o-line worth more. Miami is not gonna keep making unstoppable tight ends forever. but if Winslow is gone take Taylor i wish we could get both of them.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote