Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2019, 10:04 PM   #16
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Nice to see the guys actually happy on the field. Been a long season, this win gives them a nice 1 week vacation from feeling like absolute crap bottom of the league. Being 1-9 must drive these players crazy as supreme hyper competitive athletes. They get a brief reprieve of that in their way to a hopefully 3-13 finish

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2019, 10:06 PM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Do you think the team built confidence after they beat Miami? I think they got worse. I think they got so bad the wheels came off and they crashed and burned and ended up playing maybe the worse game they played this year just last week against the Jets. This game today was against a team whose defense is just as bad if not worse than Miami’s. With Stafford out their offense is worse too. I think they are going to get beat like a drum for the next five weeks. So forgive me if I am not buying into this being some sort of renaissance.
I hope Miami beats Cincy in a few weeks, and I hope Cincy drafts Burrows number one leaving us the chance to draft Chase Young. A generational talent.
As for Haskins who knows, it is too early to tell. But today he trended down imo.
Haskins will learn. You can't say he trended down, because he is being given more and taking more throws. As he gets the game speed reps, and first string practice, he will turn it around. I saw a guy who was controlling the game, taking shots, and getting the team going, especially with the game on the line in the 4th quarter. Yes it was the Lions, but those of us who wanted him to come in after the bye wanted it because it was a few games where he could get the feel of live game action against less tough opponents.

The core offense for the next 4 years is in it's embryonic stages, and with Callahan running it, it's very much in a run sheltered cocoon. But the whole point is to guide this young qb into a long term franchise qb. Not to have a miracle showing 3 games into his starting career.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:19 PM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I think the overthrows are a concern but I wonder if it's just a case of him being overexcited. Hopefully with a little experience he'll settle in and start being accurate with his passes. If it's still happening a year from now I'll be highly concerned.

Also I think anybody who's upset about losing draft position is forgetting the draft is a crapshoot anyways. Having the first overall pick sounds sexy and exciting but I could care less what pick we have as long as we draft the best player available. It doesn't matter if the best player is a guy we don't need, because A. we have needs at every position on the roster, and B. the roster is a fluid situation where needs can change in a single play. Did anybody predict the Redskins would lose their top 2 TE's to the vast majority of the season? Reed yes, I don't think anyone saw Vernon Davis losing his entire season to a concussion though.

I'm happy we got the win, I'm happy Haskins and all our other young guys can enjoy this for a week, and I bet with the big stink over him missing the victory formation it'll be the last time he ever does that.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:22 PM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Haskins said that he played the game with a hurt wrist and that was a problem on some of the missed throws. Doesn’t provide more info on the wrist, says “I’m good.”

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:03 AM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Haskins will learn. You can't say he trended down, because he is being given more and taking more throws. As he gets the game speed reps, and first string practice, he will turn it around. I saw a guy who was controlling the game, taking shots, and getting the team going, especially with the game on the line in the 4th quarter. Yes it was the Lions, but those of us who wanted him to come in after the bye wanted it because it was a few games where he could get the feel of live game action against less tough opponents.

The core offense for the next 4 years is in it's embryonic stages, and with Callahan running it, it's very much in a run sheltered cocoon. But the whole point is to guide this young qb into a long term franchise qb. Not to have a miracle showing 3 games into his starting career.

Can we stop acting like Haskins is a converted wide receiver learning a new position?
The guy was 13 for 29 with an int against the worst pass d in football. Last week he attempted 35 throws so no he wasn’t given more or taking more. He wasn’t controlling the game either c red. Maybe one day he will be but not today. Not even close. Dont kelly ann conway me about what I saw today. Please. I can say he trended down because he did. He played better against the Jets than he did today. Quarterback play was absolutely atrocious this week, and last week it was bad. Just bad. That is called trending down. You can spin it and sugar coat it anyway you would like.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:10 AM   #21
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Can we stop acting like Haskins is a converted wide receiver learning a new position?
The guy was 13 for 29 with an int against the worst pass d in football. Last week he attempted 35 throws so no he wasn’t given more or taking more. He wasn’t controlling the game either c red. Maybe one day he will be but not today. Not even close. Dont kelly ann conway me about what I saw today. Please. I can say he trended down because he did. He played better against the Jets than he did today. Quarterback play was absolutely atrocious this week, and last week it was bad. Just bad. That is called trending down. You can spin it and sugar coat it anyway you would like.
Why don’t we wait and see how he does against the Panthers on the road. it’s only his 3rd start, Harmon is starting to contribute making 2 WR that can contribute, lack of TE position is killing us.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:18 AM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The 50/50 Post Game Thread

I mean for fuck sake everyone on this board has been saying the same thing every week this year. Dumpster fire. Fuck Bruce Allen and the “we are close “ bullshit. Etc etc.
Now, because we beat the Lions WITHOUT STAFFORD, we suddenly have this young core of studs. We are Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin in the early stages?
NEWS FLASH.
Next year Snyder and Bruce will be here. We have no coaching staff (not a real one). No second round pick. A shit ton of holes which ABSOLUTELY VERY WELL MIGHT STILL INCLUDE QUARTERBACK. A shit ton of work to do with overpaid veterans, and I am supposed to suddenly feel great about this fucking dumpster fire organization because we slipped past the Lions with their back up quarterback (cant even remember his name) for our second squeaker of a win this season?
With all due respect GTFOH with this shit. We are the same fucking terrible disgusting team we were 7 days ago. But by all means continue dumping the kool aid all over yourselves and popping confetti cannons off.
I want to be able to watch football and root for my team again as much as anyone. I want them to complete as much as anyone. Forgive me though if I wait to see real signs of progress before I buy in again. Because what happened today was one really terrible team barely beating another really terrible team who would have kicked the other terrible teams ass if their quarterback wasn’t hurt. The end.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #23
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
In the previous 5 games the Lions defense had given up an average QB rating of 125. Haskins got a 47.5 against them.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:32 AM   #24
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thought the pass defense played really well...funny Norman was benched
Even funnier the second we take 6'0" Moreau and put him outside he gets two interceptions

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.

Last edited by EARTHQUAKE2689; 11-25-2019 at 11:41 AM.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:34 AM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Why don’t we wait and see how he does against the Panthers on the road. it’s only his 3rd start, Harmon is starting to contribute making 2 WR that can contribute, lack of TE position is killing us.

SF i hope he absolutely kills it next week, and as far as Im concerned we can wait all of next year while someone, not sure who because as of right now he doesn’t even exist, builds a team around him. We can wait the year after that too, while Mr Someone continues to add pieces around him to help him, not just players but coaches, because we actually need all of that.
I 100 percent mean that. Shit Ive waited over twenty years. Im numb to this shit. I sincerely mean it when i say give Haskins two more full years before we actually know what we have. Although since it is the Redskins we need a GM and coaching staff too so....
But all that aside, lets play devils advocate and say we get a GM, and HC , OC in place to maximize this team and Haskins - I will sit and wait two more or three more years for the rebuild. Guice. Lets do this. McLaurin and Harmon come on boys. Payne, Allen, Dunbar, lets go.
Today though? Haskins was straight trash against the worst pass D in the game.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:52 AM   #26
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I mean for fuck sake everyone on this board has been saying the same thing every week this year. Dumpster fire. Fuck Bruce Allen and the “we are close “ bullshit. Etc etc.
Now, because we beat the Lions WITHOUT STAFFORD, we suddenly have this young core of studs. We are Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin in the early stages?
NEWS FLASH.
Next year Snyder and Bruce will be here. We have no coaching staff (not a real one). No second round pick. A shit ton of holes which ABSOLUTELY VERY WELL MIGHT STILL INCLUDE QUARTERBACK. A shit ton of work to do with overpaid veterans, and I am supposed to suddenly feel great about this fucking dumpster fire organization because we slipped past the Lions with their back up quarterback (cant even remember his name) for our second squeaker of a win this season?
With all due respect GTFOH with this shit. We are the same fucking terrible disgusting team we were 7 days ago. But by all means continue dumping the kool aid all over yourselves and popping confetti cannons off.
I want to be able to watch football and root for my team again as much as anyone. I want them to complete as much as anyone. Forgive me though if I wait to see real signs of progress before I buy in again. Because what happened today was one really terrible team barely beating another really terrible team who would have kicked the other terrible teams ass if their quarterback wasn’t hurt. The end.
Oh yeah we're definitely the same dumpster fire we were last week. And I don't think anybody is feeling great about the team after this game.

Just saying I'll take the ugly win over another embarrassing loss, and I don't think it hurt the team's future one bit.

We do need new coaching staff (likely) and new FO (unlikely), and this roster has needs. But I still think this team is playing well underneath it's talent level, and I think, especially for the young guys, a short win is a better step towards playing well than another ridiculously ugly loss.

Plus, for the purpose of trying to recruit a competent/decent HC, I'd rather have candidates think "they're not close, but this roster has some young talent, this McLaurin is a stud, Harmon and Sims are exciting, and Haskins might turn into a somewhat decent QB" than "man this roster has been so poorly built I want no part of it whatsoever".
Old 11-25-2019, 08:25 AM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Even funnier the second we take 6'0" Moreau and pit him outside he gets two interceptions
He's never looked comfortable in the slot...never.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:11 AM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Josh Norman days are over in D.C and it's time. Start the young guys all over and see what u got.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #29
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
He's never looked comfortable in the slot...never.
Nope, and it took 2 years to realize that

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't understand why Sims isn't your starting slot WR. Stop putting him in motion and running him behind the RB. How about put him in motion and throw him the damn ball? Get him in space. Can he not catch? What's the deal there???

I really think we have something w/ Sims, McLaurin, Guice and Harmon.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote