Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Election Day

Debating with the enemy

View Poll Results: Anonymous Presidential Poll: Who did you vote for?
Clinton 16 44.44%
Trump 13 36.11%
Johnson 4 11.11%
Stein 1 2.78%
Other 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #76
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: Election Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Cus there fuckin fags! Hoo rah!
(This is going to be a long four years of some serious bullshit). Huge step backwards.
See, this is one reason Trump won. Because of punchitin's attitude. Constantly strawmanning and demonizing people as Obama put it with his: "cling to guns or religion" quote. Calling Trump deplorable was accurate. The constant stream of propaganda that anyone not liking the democrats was deplorable? When Hillary said that about Trump supporters, I think she hurt herself more than Mondale did with his "yes I will raise taxes" quote way back in 1984. I think enough people were fed up with punchitins attitude to fire back by voting Trump. It didn't push me that far, but I feel that anger.

And about anger, funny how a black turnout for Obama is represented as hope, and a white turnout for Trump is represented as anger. There was a lot of pent up anger among blacks of their past and present mistreatment that worked in Obama's favor too.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #77
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
She actually won the popular vote and lost the electoral college.
I doubt that you were worried about the popular vote before the election started.
But now that you lost you are all butt hurt about it.
And if Hilldog had won you wouldn't have said squat about it.
Hindsight is a bitch, eh?
Old 11-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why are they soft?
Because they lack substance in most of their arguments. There is zero substance...they have zero answers to unknown questions?

If shit is so fucking bleak, then talk to me about the Obama policies that were so fucking important to you and then why weren't these things achieved? Why is shit so bad in your fucking world, what didnt Obama do? Simply saying everyone is a racist, bigot, fascist is fucking bullshit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #79
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Election Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
See, this is one reason Trump won. Because of punchitin's attitude. Constantly strawmanning and demonizing people as Obama put it with his: "cling to guns or religion" quote. Calling Trump deplorable was accurate. The constant stream of propaganda that anyone not liking the democrats was deplorable? When Hillary said that about Trump supporters, I think she hurt herself more than Mondale did with his "yes I will raise taxes" quote way back in 1984. I think enough people were fed up with punchitins attitude to fire back by voting Trump. It didn't push me that far, but I feel that anger.

And about anger, funny how a black turnout for Obama is represented as hope, and a white turnout for Trump is represented as anger. There was a lot of pent up anger among blacks of their past and present mistreatment that worked in Obama's favor too.

Dude go back under the slimy rock you have been hiding under and stay there.
Obama isnt a two bit con artist. It isnt about black and white you idiot.
You don't know me. My attitude? Really? Because of a comment that this is a huge step backwards? Take your long confused rant and go away. This time for good.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #80
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I doubt that you were worried about the popular vote before the election started.
Fifth time it's happened according to one website I looked at. I have mixed feelings about that. I agree with not changing the rules retroactively because the other sides candidate won. But really, I would go either way if they decide to go popular vote next election or not.

OT1H, candidates would stick more to issues in big states in popular vote contests, not totally but to some degree. And we are a group of states, not just a homogeneous country, and the electoral college still gives weight to big states, it's not like the senate 2 reps each state.

OTOH, the POTUS really is our one true national election. Everyone's vote should count equally, just because some are banded together in huge municipalities shouldn't be a disqualifier.

So I really would be fine either way.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

He was replying to a comment that metric shit tons of people voted for Trump. I think the fact that Hillary won the popular vote is worth mentioning. It has happened five times in history that the "winner" lost that. Bush once. The other three guys were ancient. Bur leave it to a trumpeter to call him butt hurt and stir the pot some more. Smfh.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:24 PM   #82
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Dude go back under the slimy rock you have been hiding under and stay there.
Obama isnt a two bit con artist. It isnt about black and white you idiot.
You don't know me. My attitude? Really? Because of a comment that this is a huge step backwards? Take your long confused rant and go away. This time for good.
No, you go back to your safe space. And don't come out till you're ready to handle reality, unless you just like crying about it here.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #83
HailGreen28
Playmaker

You know, this is one reason I stayed out of this part of the forum for awhile, the toxicity. And that we had no good choice this time around.

Think of my leaving this part of the forum a win if you want, punchitin, I say it's like this election. Either choice, we all lose.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:31 PM   #84
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
He was replying to a comment that metric shit tons of people voted for Trump. I think the fact that Hillary won the popular vote is worth mentioning. It has happened five times in history that the "winner" lost that. Bush once. The other three guys were ancient. Bur leave it to a trumpeter to call him butt hurt and stir the pot some more. Smfh.
5 times huh?
And it still exists?
It might be worth mentioning but it doesnt mean Jack Sheet at this point because...Hilldog is done.

You dont like electoral votes?
Vote it out.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #85
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
No, you go back to your safe space. And don't come out till you're ready to handle reality, unless you just like crying about it here.

Your posts have always been of the class clown variety. I am not crying about anything. Just stop being so assumptive. You read one two sentence post i made, and turned it into the reason the world is what it is today.
Take it down a notch junior.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #86
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
5 times huh?

And it still exists?

It might be worth mentioning but it doesnt mean Jack Sheet at this point because...Hilldog is done.

You dont like electoral votes?

Vote it out.

Before this election there was Bush in 2000. Before that it was the 1800's. Does not happen often. At all. It does mean something. It means that the majority of actual human beings who voted think the country got it wrong. But hey i am
not sour grapes. I dont like Hillary Clinton. I certainly do not like Trump. Let this clown show the world how out of his league he is. Im getting my popcorn ready for the shit show. No sweat off my back. Oh I hope my attitude in this post has not changed the world again.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:24 AM   #87
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Donald Trump

Hillary Clinton

Gary Johnson

Jill Stein

Other candidates
0.7%

I don't know if these are final tallies, but let's count them as such for discussion sake.

There were about 125million votes cast.

It's irrelevant that Hillary won the popular vote by 0.16%, what is relevant is that it is basically a one to one ratio, for every soft liberal toadie out there, there is a racist bigot. Somehow, rather than spewing vitriol at each other, we have to find a way to make some solution that takes 2/3's the softies, and 2/3's of the racist bigots and puts them together to make 2/3's of this country on the same path.

The other 1/3 of the softies, and 1/3 of the racist bigots, can go off to Canada and Australia. Or better yet we could put them all in Nebraska, build a wall around it, and see which group survives???
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #88
MTK
\m/

I know people are all about change, but is this really the change we need? The guy is a climate change denier, that's disturbing.

He wants to appoint Supreme Court Justices that will reverse Roe v Wade, his word folks, that's horrifying.

Feels like the country cut it's own nose off to spite it's face.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Before this election there was Bush in 2000. Before that it was the 1800's. Does not happen often. At all. It does mean something. It means that the majority of actual human beings who voted think the country got it wrong. But hey i am
not sour grapes. I dont like Hillary Clinton. I certainly do not like Trump. Let this clown show the world how out of his league he is. Im getting my popcorn ready for the shit show. No sweat off my back. Oh I hope my attitude in this post has not changed the world again.
Depending on how you add in Jill Stein and Gary Johnson's vote, the majority of the electorate thinks the country got it wrong regardless of whether Hillary or Trump had won the electoral college.

There is a reason we aren't a pure democracy - they fail quicker then most forms of government and the founding fathers understood this. Personally I wish the Senate was not done by pure popular vote, but instead, closer to the way it was originally written, the state legislature/governor's appoint them. The Senate was supposed to be the more esoteric of the two bodies. With sharpened political minds. Now it's just a more simplistic version of the House of Representatives. And going even further back to the original constitution, how awesome would it be if Trump was President and Hillary was Vice President!!! Bill and Trump would get along swimmingly and Hillary would have two misogynists to defend.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I know people are all about change, but is this really the change we need? The guy is a climate change denier, that's disturbing.

He wants to appoint Supreme Court Justices that will reverse Roe v Wade, his word folks, that's horrifying.

Feels like the country cut it's own nose off to spite it's face.

Perfect analogy for what just occurred.
So desperate for change they were, but change doesn't necessarily mean more money, better jobs, and greener grass. Change can be just as bad as it can be good.
Like I said, I am guilt free. The people who just let this guy snow them can toss and turn when they see where it gets us.