Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #211
MTK
\m/

Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
All I can say is if we DO bring in Rosen and Gruden can turn him around like McVay did with Goff, Gruden will have earned himself another couple years here.

A lot of Rosen's mistakes last year seemed mental but he definitely has the arm talent.
I could see him having a Goff like turnaround too.

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #212
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah that makes no sense. He was thought by many to be the best QB in the draft last year. He had decent tape amidst an idiotically designed offense in Arizona. And he'll cost less than $2M per season for the next three years.

I have no idea why you wouldn't leap at the opportunity to trade a 2nd for him, if for no other reason that you just think Arizona has no leverage.

He's definitely worth a 2nd plus.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #213
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I could see him having a Goff like turnaround too.
Definitely. We all have our issues with Gruden but one thing he's done pretty well with is developing the QB position.

Add in Kevin O'Connell along with McCoy/Keenum as veteran leaders and its a pretty good situation if you're a young QB looking to take the next step.

Seems like a Win-Win for Rosen and the Skins.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #214
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm sorry but I don't see getting last year's 10th overall pick for a 2nd round pick as dumb.
Might not be the greatest move ever. Maybe could be done for less. But it's a move that would make a ton of sense for us.
Rosen is the solution at QB that scares me the less with our current FO and HC.
I said desperate and dumb.
Can't you see the other teams were working together to strong arm the Cardinals to give him up for less? Why give up a 2nd when you can get him for a 3rd? But we go in and blow any leverage we had.
But I guess we are desperate, we have a pattern of over paying for Qb's and taking other teams Qb's that they have all but given up on. Now we just raised the price on ourselves because we think Rosen is a franchise Qb? I have seen enough of him in NCAA and NFL to know he is not.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #215
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Can't you see the other teams were working together to strong arm the Cardinals to give him up for less? Why give up a 2nd when you can get him for a 3rd? But we go in and blow any leverage we had.
But I guess we are desperate, we have a pattern of over paying for Qb's and taking other teams Qb's that they have all but given up on. Now we just raised the price on ourselves because we think Rosen is a franchise Qb? I have seen enough of him in NCAA and NFL to know he is not.
Other teams are interested but for a 3rd. The Skins want him and know a 2nd is what they have to deal.

Either u take a QB at 15 or 46 . Either way it's bound to happen
Old 04-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #216
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If there's a trade for Rosen then I'd say Colt's time here will come to an end. There's no way they'd keep Keenum and Colt. One would have to go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #217
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If there's a trade for Rosen then I'd say Colt's time here will come to an end. There's no way they'd keep Keenum and Colt. One would have to go.
What are their cap hits and dead cap penalties?
Old 04-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #218
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah but Colt is the only one who knows the Offense at this point. That gives him a strong advantage.

And with how things went last year at the QB spot Jay might want to consider carrying 3 instead of his usual 2.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:09 PM   #219
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Until when are they going to work together? Only one team will get Rosen, if you want to be the one that gets him, you have to be the one offering the most.
If a 2nd is what it takes, I don't see it as being overpriced at all.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #220
MTK
\m/

If everyone is offering a 3, eventually someone is going to up the ante if they want him bad enough. That's how a bidding process works.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #221
skinsnut
Playmaker

One thing I just don't get.
WHY WHY WHY are the cardinals bailing on a supposed franchise QB that they moved up to draft after just one year?

The Cardinals obviously are not blind. They know something...there is something rotten in Denmark....and only the Cardinals know what it is.

When you buy a used car, there are certain things you don't know. It is worse in the NFL because the entity you are trading with has a vested interest to also harm you due to direct competition. The best think you can do to hurt a team is to hide information and trade your problems at the highest cost possible to your competitors.

There must be something wrong with this kid....I don't buy this the decent familiar rookie is so much better than him crap.

Everyone here seems to be growing favorable to this potential QB. I am worried he is a serious jerk or has crappy work ethic or has some freak medical condition or something. Something will come out after the trade is done. I see this whole thing as a major gamble....so do other teams, probably why a 3rd is the word on the street (except the Skins who are in a crappy QB position)
Old 04-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #222
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
One thing I just don't get.
WHY WHY WHY are the cardinals bailing on a supposed franchise QB that they moved up to draft after just one year?

The Cardinals obviously are not blind. They know something...there is something rotten in Denmark....and only the Cardinals know what it is.

When you buy a used car, there are certain things you don't know. It is worse in the NFL because the entity you are trading with has a vested interest to also harm you due to direct competition. The best think you can do to hurt a team is to hide information and trade your problems at the highest cost possible to your competitors.

There must be something wrong with this kid....I don't buy this the decent familiar rookie is so much better than him crap.

Everyone here seems to be growing favorable to this potential QB. I am worried he is a serious jerk or has crappy work ethic or has some freak medical condition or something. Something will come out after the trade is done. I see this whole thing as a major gamble....so do other teams, probably why a 3rd is the word on the street (except the Skins who are in a crappy QB position)
Because he doesn't fit the scheme, in the NFL especially today, scheme is almost as important.

As for work ethic, he's showing up for Volunteer OTA's even with the trade rumors. Nothing to question IMO

You have great Q's tho, normally I would be concerned but Murray is the better prospect and I would not pass up on the chance to get him either. Has more to do with Kyler than Rosen
Old 04-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #223
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think I rather spend a second round pick for Rosen than a first round pick of any of the QB this year.

That’s where I am right now with the QB position.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #224
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think I rather spend a second round pick for Rosen than a first round pick of any of the QB this year.

Same, been that way for me. I'd rather have Will Grier over any QB in this class not named Kyler. So Rosen or Grier for me
Old 04-05-2019, 05:51 PM   #225
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

This sounds about right....
The Skins are "settling" for the best of bad options that could affect our quarterbacking for years to come....
A month ago everyone was saying..lets sit on this, deal with crappy QB, get a really good one next year while building a nice draft including edge, WR, guard, etc.....

One month later....we NEEEEED a qb.
Not saying I disagree....but this seems like a well we suck anyways and have no patience to go through pain to build a team...lets just strive for "better than Suck" again...it seems to be what we're good at.

Thats the Redskins way under our current leadership
I say screw it.....Draft every monster lineman and edge guy you can and trade for a legit #1 WR....and hell....draft a 3rd round QB for kicks and throw him in there...and see if he can survive.....until next draft.