Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The O Line

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
AnonEmouse
The Starter

The O Line

While reading GTripp's reports (props to the guy as they were well readable etc.), I gave thought to the O Line comments.

As I've stated before I don't follow the college game from over here as a) you don't get much coverage and b) it costs!

My thinking is that we need to be prepared for 2-3 of our OL, particularly Jansen and Samuels, to either go down injured (possibly for extended periods as with last year) or retire soon. We may even have to lose 1 or 2 because of cap issues (again I'm a bit ignorant on this one so forgive me if I'm off base).

To me, with Heyer and Rhinehart we may have some depth, but they are not, so far at least, stand outs. Beyond them I feel we only have stand ins, not true replacements.

As I see it we are faced with the possibility of replacing most of our OL within 2 years, if not immediately, and so can we expect to pick up enough talent in the draft or are we stuck with looking at 1 or 2 FA's as well/instead?

With our likely defensive needs elsewhere during the same period, are we going to be able to keep our line intact enough while we rebuild it 'inexpensively' or are we looking at either a lean spell or Snyder spending a lot on FA's again?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote