Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #346
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

And accordingly, because of how galvanizing this will be to the players in the locker room, I'm by extension ready to run through a fucking wall. Let's GOOOO! HTTR!

Advertisements
Old 02-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #347
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneed10 View Post
and accordingly, because of how galvanizing this will be to the players in the locker room, i'm by extension ready to run through a fucking wall. Let's goooo! Httr!
culture change
Old 02-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #348
Warthog
The Starter

I think the Redskins will resign Trent Williams with the guaranteed money he wants. I don’t understand all the ppl who diss Trent. He was the best player on the team, a team captain and an elite OT for years on a crappy team. He’s played hurt and gave his all for the team.

He’ll get his contract with the guaranteed money he wants and he’ll play at a very good level for a couple years- until he’s replaced. I’d be very surprised if he DOESN’T resign with the Redskins. He’ll be part of a rebuilt OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 02-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #349
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think the Redskins will resign Trent Williams with the guaranteed money he wants. I don’t understand all the ppl who diss Trent. He was the best player on the team, a team captain and an elite OT for years on a crappy team. He’s played hurt and gave his all for the team.

He’ll get his contract with the guaranteed money he wants and he’ll play at a very good level for a couple years- until he’s replaced. I’d be very surprised if he DOESN’T resign with the Redskins. He’ll be part of a rebuilt OL.

Im not sure if I am considering dissing Trent but ..

I love Trent and all that he has done but Id rather move on from him a year early vs a year late (probably already a year too late) and get some draft capital for the hopeful 2022-2025 window.

I think we can say we love Trent and mean it but also say I would rather move on from him for various reasons.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #350
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Im not sure if I am considering dissing Trent but ..

I love Trent and all that he has done but Id rather move on from him a year early vs a year late (probably already a year too late) and get some draft capital for the hopeful 2022-2025 window.

I think we can say we love Trent and mean it but also say I would rather move on from him for various reasons.

I agree with you about the “dissing” part. I was talking about fans who turned on Trent because he dared ask for more guaranteed money . He also had real concerns about his medical treatment, etc. Whatever the fans thought about all the issues that Trent brought up, it wasn’t just about money in his own mind.

Other premium players asked to be traded last year and ALL were traded. Only a nimrod like Bruce Allen would try to FORCE Trent to play. The team could have received a first rounder and MUCH MORE from Houston, but Bruce refused to even talk to them then.

So, here we are. We might get a second rounder for Trent now. He’s worth a lot more to us than that. That’s why he will be resigned and last year’s crap will be forgotten.

Flyboy.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #351
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

My "dissing" was for two reasons. He sat out and did not honor his contract. He also played the "race card." Accusing BA of racism. Screw him, trade him for what you can get.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #352
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
My "dissing" was for two reasons. He sat out and did not honor his contract. He also played the "race card." Accusing BA of racism. Screw him, trade him for what you can get.

Everyone makes mistakes. Trent Williams made some in this last year’s controversy. But on the other side, Bruce Allen was a major tool who was hated by players and agents. There were also issues with the medical staff for the Redskins. We had the most injured players in the NFL for two years in a row.

For years, Trent was the best player in this team, when it was a bad franchise. He was a multiple Pro Bowler, a team captain and someone who played hurt, for the team.

There is no rule that says a player can’t ask for a change to his contract. Last year a few top end players asked to be traded or to have their contract changed. The team can do several things when a player asks for a change in their contract or to be traded:

1. Trade him and move on. All the elite players on other teams, that asked for a new contract or to be traded ( last year) were traded - except one.

2. Ignore him. That’s what Bruce Allen did. He thought when Trent stopped getting paid he would come crawling back. However, this WASN’T just about more money. TW was upset about the medical care (whether true or not). He also became upset because Bruce Allen wouldn’t talk about a trade or a new contract. Bruce ignored other teams that wanted to trade for Trent. From the outside, it certainly appeared the Bruce was trying to PUNISH Williams to get him to come back. For one of the best players on the team, you can’t even have a conversation about guaranteed money or a trade? Technically, the Redskins had a contract with TW. But you can’t even try to work together on a mutually beneficial future?

So nothing happened. No trade was made because Bruce wouldn’t talk to any other team NOR Trent Williams. Trent didn’t play nor get any pay. Trent took his case to the press. Bruce Allen was fired and he is now considered by Redskin’s fans and across the NFL as a really horrible GM. The medical staff has been changed. It appears that Trent will come back. Time to forget the mistakes and vitriol of last year and support Trent’s return to the OL.

Flyboy.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #353
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Surprise, TW wants new contract or a trade.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/2/27/...m-the-redskins

My guess is they call his bluff.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #354
MTK
\m/

When they say it’s not about the money... it’s about the money

Old 02-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #355
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kinda suspected Trent would only play under a new deal.

He Gets Us
Old 02-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #356
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't think he should play without guaranteed $. But I'm not for making him the highest paid tackle either. If that's what he wants, send him on his way with his buddy Dunbar.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:05 PM   #357
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't think he should play without guaranteed $. But I'm not for making him the highest paid tackle either. If that's what he wants, send him on his way with his buddy Dunbar.
+1

I'm up for reworking his contract, guaranteeing a little more money for the next two years. But after 2 years give us a clean out without tying up the cap too much.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #358
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Trade him, I hope they can get a high pick.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #359
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I have a gut feeling that RR will not let this stalemate drag on much longer because it's in the way of setting a new, positive tone for the team. Go or stay, I'm OK either way. Just get it done quickly and move forward.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #360
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

After he declined that Dr’s. Look at his medical records and investigate what happened, you knew he was full of shit. Trade his ass along with Dunbar!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Closed Thread