Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room

The Haskins Threat 2.0

Redskins Locker Room

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 02:08 PM   #136
Meks
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Hoping for the best
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

BURN IT DOWN!

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #137
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
DH would not take it well because he will have worked his ass off to be the best he can be and will be upset if that is not good enough. Any competitive athlete would feel the same way. I am just amazed at how many Skins fans seem to want to see him fail.

He is an excellent Quarterback. People seem to forget he beat out Joe Burrow fair and square in 2018 to earn the starting QB position at OSU. And his 2018 stats dwarfed Burrows' numbers that year.
Doesn't mean anything because Burrow obviously got a lot better. Burrow hadn't fully developed as he was a basketball player in high school. Urban Meyer had mentioned this in an interview.

But I'm rooting for Haskins big time. But he seems to be a little thin skinned and cares what people think about him. Can't be that way if you want to be a great QB. Dude needs to stay off Twitter.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #138
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Doesn't mean anything because Burrow obviously got a lot better. Burrow hadn't fully developed as he was a basketball player in high school. Urban Meyer had mentioned this in an interview.

But I'm rooting for Haskins big time. But he seems to be a little thin skinned and cares what people think about him. Can't be that way if you want to be a great QB. Dude needs to stay off Twitter.
Yeah I agree about the social media stuff, he seems to be on it way more than most skins players. He's always posting subliminal messages.. I hope he grows and becomes our franchise guy as well.. He's only had half a season and it wasn't a fair shot.. My only worry is these former skins players coming out and saying he will throw a fit if there is competition.

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

Old 04-05-2020, 05:13 PM   #139
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I don't think any Redskin fan wants to see Haskins fail, they just aren't sold on him yet.
Exactly, why would any of us really root against him? We were excited about the pick last yr, but of course nobody is sold and it partially is due to the previous reports out him not being ready

Old 04-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #140
rocnrik
Impact Rookie

I donít want him to fail .. I would love to see him light it up! If we did not have the 2cnd pick in draft it would be a moot point however when you have that pick you have to make it count . If you believe Haskins is the franchise QB then I guess we donít need to look at that position .. but what if he fails and actually gets beat out by Allen as starter? We then screwed up big time .. The QB IS the most important position period end of story ..
Old 04-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #141
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah I agree about the social media stuff, he seems to be on it way more than most skins players. He's always posting subliminal messages.. I hope he grows and becomes our franchise guy as well.. He's only had half a season and it wasn't a fair shot.. My only worry is these former skins players coming out and saying he will throw a fit if there is competition.
Football is all about competition.The NFL is the closest thing we have to a meritocracy in this country. He isn't entitled to anything. It is earned each and every time he steps on the field. That is simply the way it is for every NFL player as it is for most of the rest of us in our society.

If he can't accept that and deal with it, then he simply needs to grow the f*** up. I trust that he has some people in his life who care enough about him to tell him exactly that - as I told my kids. But I think he can and will deal with it and become a solid NFL starter.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:06 AM   #142
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player

Cooley:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ver-kyle-allen

Haven't even read the article myself yet. Assuming it starts with he's obviously way more talented. There's a reason why one guy was 1/15 vs. UDFA.

Allen is a great backup. That's what he will be for us.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:23 AM   #143
rocnrik
Impact Rookie

Iím taking QB with Number 2 .. if we dont I envision why the heck did we not draft Tua when we had chance during and after every game in future .. Iím not sold on Haskins at all .. we shall see .. as far as Chase goes even if he has 16 sacks it will not overcome a bad offense.. we now have the bottom O in the league and have done nothing to improve it ..
Old 04-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Iím taking QB with Number 2 .. if we dont I envision why the heck did we not draft Tua when we had chance during and after every game in future .. Iím not sold on Haskins at all .. we shall see .. as far as Chase goes even if he has 16 sacks it will not overcome a bad offense.. we now have the bottom O in the league and have done nothing to improve it ..
I could also see a trade down and get more picks to help build that O.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #145
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I could also see a trade down and get more picks to help build that O.
Of course we could still draft CY and focus primarily on the offense the rest of the way. I would like that very much!

If we were to get a second round pick or two third round picks for TW, I think that would lock us into Chase Young as our pick at #2.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #146
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Of course we could still draft CY and focus primarily on the offense the rest of the way. I would like that very much!

If we were to get a second round pick or two third round picks for TW, I think that would lock us into Chase Young as our pick at #2.
I think that ship is about sunk, Trent is still on the team and we are 3 weeks from the draft.. The price is going to drop, plus is T class is pretty deep..

Old 04-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #147
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Yeah, take Tua with the Number 2 pick and when he breaks like a China doll after a few big NFL hits ( and with our offensive line, those hits ARE coming), then see where you are. What a stupid idea, take an injury prone QB witht he Number 2 pick when you already have a QB from your use of your first round pick last year. Thank goodness you are not in our front office.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #148
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, take Tua with the Number 2 pick and when he breaks like a China doll after a few big NFL hits ( and with our offensive line, those hits ARE coming), then see where you are. What a stupid idea, take an injury prone QB witht he Number 2 pick when you already have a QB from your use of your first round pick last year. Thank goodness you are not in our front office.
To be fair he's only had 1 season of injuries and that was this yr. I think hes as good as Burrow or better but we need so much that drafting tua won't help. I'd be happy with chase but I'd be thrilled with more picks. We aren't competing this year, let's all face it so stock up picks and build

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 04-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #149
MTK
BLM

lol to be fair, yeah he only blew out a hip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2020, 08:23 PM   #150
rocnrik
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Okay expert ...
Closed Thread