Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #46
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
I can't agree with him at all anymore. I think he has something against D.C. He predicts that redskins will be the worst team in the NFL I don't mind criticism, but to blatantly single out one team like this is not objective. It comes off as something personal. He even had a poll on sportsnation: will the redskins be the worst team in the NFL?

And more often than not, he contradicts himself when he tries to make a point- saying one thing and then the opposite in one breath. And when he is wrong, which is alot, he tries to backtrack and to try to distract by saying he meant something else.
He takes controversial stands on issues to increase the drama surrounding his show because that helps fuel listenership (there has got to be a better word than that doesnt there?). He hatted on Rodgers forever even when rodgers was lighting it up because it annoyed people, he loved Mark Sanchez when noone else did now that people are liking him he is switching sides. It has somewhat become his schtick.

I listen to him because I think he has the best interviews of anyone on the ESPN line up.

And if we are talking best NFL guys on ESPN how are we not talking about Mark schlereth? He gives plenty of good insight, relevant stories from his playing days and seems like a good dude.

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Greenie is my colleague, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut...and that should tell you all you need to know

Translation: He's a blabbering idiot.

Greenie seems like a nice enough guy, but damn he's just blabbering away and usually about nothing. No substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
He takes controversial stands on issues to increase the drama surrounding his show because that helps fuel listenership . It has somewhat become his schtick.
Sorry, Skip Bayless has already patented that. He needs to find another gig.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #48
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Problem is- on his radio show, he began by saying that he has a very optimistic outlook this time of year (it was the week after the lockout was lifted), but saying that-- he feels like the redskins are going to be one of the worst teams in football if not the worst. It's the worst franchise in the league according to him and doesn't like the direction it's going. Its the only team he said negative things about If that's not singling out a team, I don't know what is.
You wouldn't feel that way if he was talking about say the Bills...but anyway, I guess what bothers you is that even though he had the Niners and Bengals tied with the Redskins this year for worst record, he spent more time talking about the Redskins?

Schlereth's solid. The best ex-Redskins player at ESPN though is Ross Tucker
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #49
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You wouldn't feel that way if he was talking about say the Bills...but anyway, I guess what bothers you is that even though he had the Niners and Bengals tied with the Redskins this year for worst record, he spent more time talking about the Redskins?

I enjoy Schlereth a lot. Cowherd on the other hand is unbearable. Something about his voice makes me want to swerve my vehicle into oncoming traffic.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Translation: He's a blabbering idiot.

Greenie seems like a nice enough guy, but damn he's just blabbering away and usually about nothing. No substance.
Not what I was going to say
Old 08-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #51
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not what I was going to say
I was being a bit facetious (and over dramatic) there smoot.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #52
warriorzpath

Quote:

No what bothers me is the ONLY team he said anything negative about in these 2 instances was the redskins. Like I said - he was describing himself surprisingly optimistic with the outlook of teams that one day. And on another separate day and instance he created the poll and discussed it on his show to vote with darren Woodson. ( poll: will the redskins be the worst team in the NFL?)

U have to admit it's a slanted poll.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

He doesn't create the polls...and again, you wouldn't be worried if the choice was the Bengals against the field
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #54
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Thought I'd throw my

Carter, complete f-ing moron. I hope he never gets in the Hall.

I remember one year for the Jimmy V Foundation auction there was a package to come to ESPN and break down film with Jaws. If that ever comes up again I would certainly bid on that. Dilfer, Schlereth and MW are also very good. Agree with SS on Golic, he's hand-cuffed on M & M, but when he does the occasional college game he's very good.

Hoge is irritating, but he does some good breakdowns.

Not a Chucky fan, his QB breakdowns to me are a lot more style over substance. He is entertaining and good in the MNF booth though and the team is very good for the first time in a while.

Mayock on NFLN and Aikman are solid. Buck irritates the hell out of me, as does Collinsworth. I don't mind Joey T., you just have to realize he's a homer going in.

Anyone not mentioned....meh.

EDIT: Cowherd is annoying at times, but he's pretty good on NCAA FB.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #55
MTK
\m/

Sorry SS, I didn't mean this to be another ESPN player haters ball. I should have known better.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #56
warriorzpath

Quote:
He doesn't create the polls...and again, you wouldn't be worried if the choice was the Bengals against the field
I would assume he has some creative control over what goes on his show to discuss. And of course he votes- yes for redskins being the worst team - while Woodson says no they won't be. He rubs it in when the small majority (tilted by how the poll is asked) says no the redskins won't be the worst team -- by saying well it's the redskins against the entire field of 31 other teams anyway.

And obviously I wouldnt care if he said the same about the bengals because I'm not bengals fan and they actually might be the worst team in football.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Sorry SS, I didn't mean this to be another ESPN player haters ball. I should have known better.
No worries. I mean I agree with the initial post. CC was being ridiculous not including Calvin Johnson in the top 5 WRs. But what's worse, and what's kind of typical of him, is that he couldn't just say he was wrong and just forget CJ. No, instead he has to go on a huge nonsensical tangent. But he does not represent the thoughts of every analyst at the company, and neither does Cowherd...and Cowherd doesn't create the polls
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Calvin Johnson: “I don’t really care” what Cris Carter says | ProFootballTalk
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #59
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Going back to Greeny, this was by far my favorite Greeny moment.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #60
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If anything, I think ESPN is getting more props in here than anything. Just picking on a few select village idiots. :P
Closed Thread