Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Predict teams/players that will underperform under new steroid testing program

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #31
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Re: Predict teams/players that will underperform under new steroid testing program

I have got to be honest I dont really care who is juicing and who is not. If these guys want to be idiots and mess up their bodies for the rest of their lives that is their business. If they get caught once suspend them, if they get caught twice suspend them longer and strip them of any benefits they get once they retire.

Edit: I should be more clear, its not that I don't care, its that I don't take it personally like some do. I would obviously prefer a level playing field.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

Re: Predict teams/players that will underperform under new steroid testing program

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why is it that when I guy looks like a body builder it's automatically assumed that he's using? Does anyone around here actually lift, train and diet on a daily basis? Cause if any of you do then you would know that you can get pretty ripped just be dieting and training hard. The media has really jaded a lot of people on steroids.
That's certainly a good point. These guys work out like it's a job, because it is their job. Plus they have trainers, dietitians, doctors, etc., all working closely with them.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #33
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
That's certainly a good point. These guys work out like it's a job, because it is their job. Plus they have trainers, dietitians, doctors, etc., all working closely with them.
This is true Matty, but let's not be foolish here. In any business people are looking for an edge. In this particular business, the NFL, it has been documented time and time again of players using p.e.d.'s. To think that we are looking at a level playing field here is the equivilant to burying our heads in the sand. Or a child who sticks their fingers in their ears because they don't want to hear the truth. I'd be interested to see how many players will start this season with a suspension due to a dirty piss test. Um Buchannon anyone...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

I kinda fall under the camp of who cares. It's the NFL's job to police this, and they've generally done a good job at cleaning things up in recent years. Regardless of the policy there are always going to be guys who find a way to stay under the radar. And there are plenty of guys who get busted for unknowingly using banned substances too, so it's not always guys who are trying to cheat the system.

PB's suspension is likely related to weed, not a PED.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #35
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
I kinda fall under the camp of who cares. It's the NFL's job to police this, and they've generally done a good job at cleaning things up in recent years. Regardless of the policy there are always going to be guys who find a way to stay under the radar. And there are plenty of guys who get busted for unknowingly using banned substances too, so it's not always guys who are trying to cheat the system.

This is kind of the way I feel. Although I do feel bad when a guy gets in just as much trouble for unknowingly using a banned substance like starcaps.

Also isnt the standard drug suspension 4 games, regardless of the type of drug. If someone is using steroids that's cheating. If someone is smoking weed that's just substance abuse. No way should those 2 things have the same penalty.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #36
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.......yeah,ya did.
If by including the Giants on my list you somehow feel obligated to translate my OP I guess that's ok.

Oh yeah.

Another player.

Justin Tuck. I watched him a ton in college.

THAT'S NOT THE SAME PERSON.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #37
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Why is it that when I guy looks like a body builder it's automatically assumed that he's using? Does anyone around here actually lift, train and diet on a daily basis? Cause if any of you do then you would know that you can get pretty ripped just be dieting and training hard. The media has really jaded a lot of people on steroids.

Quote:

Working out hard, eating right will only take you so far. To get that separation between you and that next guy trying to make the team, you can rest assure guys are going to do whatever it takes to make it. Why? Because there is huge amounts of money involved.

Right now, I can tell you for 100% that one guy I know here at ECU that used roids. Guy came into ECU and just blew up. We all talked in the gym, and he even bounced for a short spell in the downtown bars (as did I). Guy was really cool, and looked more like a OLB than a punter. Ironically, I think he was scared of the contact.

Once he got into the NFL, he told a mutual friend of our that HGH use was pretty high in the league. Now, I'll take Matty Dodge's word on this since the guy was a user himself.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #38
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I also want to add, that I don't care if they use or not. If it were me and millions of dollars were on the line, I'd use it too.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #39
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I also want to add, that I don't care if they use or not. If it were me and millions of dollars were on the line, I'd use it too.
Yeah, I'm with you and Matty on this one, really I am. I'm just not snow blinded into thinking these guys arn't using. I like the league how it is, freak on freak, it's "freaking" amazing.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #40
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #41
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That's what I'm saying. Who cares if these guys are using? They put their bodies through pure hell, if they want to use something to help them recover quicker then so be it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #42
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
The coverage has merely increased w/the amount of real evidence, don't blame the media. Mainly in baseball & track & field, & also L. Armstrong has had to backpedal (pun intended) out of reports from former teamates that he juiced.

My dad thought in the 80s that steroid use was rampant. Ben Johnson et al that got disqualified in the olympics really brought it out, but it's taken a long time for the major leagues here to put in testing that could detect it.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #43
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
The coverage has merely increased w/the amount of real evidence, don't blame the media. Mainly in baseball & track & field, & also L. Armstrong has had to backpedal (pun intended) out of reports from former teamates that he juiced.

My dad thought in the 80s that steroid use was rampant. Ben Johnson et al that got disqualified in the olympics really brought it out, but it's taken a long time for the major leagues here to put in testing that could detect it.
Lance Armstrong might be able to back out though on a technicality. The alleged blood doping techniques he was accused of using haven't been proven yet. What Armstrong would be guilty of is attempting to cheat. Weather or not he succeeds depends on how successful blood doping turns out to be.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #44
bertoskins2
Special Teams

any player who is average college ball player and who excells in NFL should be look at
bertoskins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #45
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

I agree. As long as the games are exciting and entertaining I really dont care what the players are or arent taking.

General comment, Pittsburgh is successful because they know how to draft, never waste $ on big contracts players cant live up to, and most importantly have stability in coaching and schemes.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote