Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Presidential Race 2024

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-01-2024, 05:11 PM   #61
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Presidential Race 2024

JHC a forty year old man who still talks about care Bears, no wonder you're alone.

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2024, 06:29 PM   #62
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
JHC a forty year old man who still talks about care Bears, no wonder you're alone.
Grumpy bear is really grumpy tonight. Go get your warm milk and head to bed.

We need a username update to: Grumpybearone

Still starts with a G so we'll all recognize it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 06:30 PM   #63
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

https://www.politico.com/news/2024-elections

The latest coverage of the 2024 presidential, House and Senate elections.

Note - Had a duplicate post, so figured I woud replace it with something.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:44 AM   #64
Giantone
Gamebreaker

The Hill
Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-ho...014348407.html

In the interview with Lou Dobbs, Trump, the current front-runner in the GOP presidential primary race, explained that, if he were elected again, he would not want to serve a term similar to President Hoover’s — who took office when the economy was stable but later oversaw the start of the Great Depression.

“We have an economy that’s so fragile, and the only reason it’s running now is it’s running off the fumes of what we did,” Trump said. “It’s just running off the fumes.”

Trump added: “And when there’s a crash — I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover. The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”
Old 01-10-2024, 04:45 PM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

When speaking to the crowds and crowds of patriots, I need Bigly to play the classics…insults, nicknames, walls, ChI-na, even locker room talk is fine with me…just don’t veer into science. Stay away from subjects like magnets.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:58 PM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When speaking to the crowds and crowds of patriots, I need Bigly to play the classics…insults, nicknames, walls, ChI-na, even locker room talk is fine with me…just don’t veer into science. Stay away from subjects like magnets.

Old 01-22-2024, 10:33 AM   #67
MTK
\m/

DeSantis bows out with rousing Churchill quote – that Churchill apparently never said

lol can't make this shit up, such a fitting ending to this clown's run
Old 01-22-2024, 11:48 AM   #68
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
DeSantis bows out with rousing Churchill quote – that Churchill apparently never said

lol can't make this shit up, such a fitting ending to this clown's run

Old 01-22-2024, 11:51 AM   #69
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 01-23-2024, 12:30 AM   #70
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Wow, the Covid policy criticism of DeSantis didn't age well, not well at all. Hard to believe you posted these old memes when time proved that DeSantis made the right policy choices when it came to Covid, while almost all (if not all) Democrat Governors made the wrong ones. And no, I was not a DeSantis supporter for President.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:43 AM   #71
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Wow, the Covid policy criticism of DeSantis didn't age well, not well at all. Hard to believe you posted these old memes when time proved that DeSantis made the right policy choices when it came to Covid, while almost all (if not all) Democrat Governors made the wrong ones. And no, I was not a DeSantis supporter for President.
LOL, no he didn't he endangered the people in Florida.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:09 PM   #72
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
LOL, no he didn't he endangered the people in Florida.
Man this response shows you are completely ignorant of the actual results of the policies enacted during COVID. The Dem states of similar size/urban make-up either had a much higher mortality rate or no better than Florida's. To add insult to injury Florida had more people per Capita that were vulnerable to COVID and yet fewer died there (per Cap and adjusted for age) than many Dem run states (NY, NJ, Michigan all being examples). Now combine that with the economic costs and education damage (to the young done to states that closed down) and Florida's Covid polices were exponentially better than the ones chosen by Dem governors. Don't believe me? Ask the liberals on this board or better yet just do some basic google research.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0...461-0/fulltext

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/ar...ical%20factors.

....In an oranges-to-oranges comparison that standardizes for factors outside states’ immediate control, the Sunshine State is in the top quartile on COVID-19 deaths and looks a bit better on infections......

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...es-politifact/

....A key turning point for DeSantis came during the coronavirus pandemic, when he decided that opening the state to economic activity was worth the health risk. Florida ended up roughly in the top one-third of states for COVID-19 death rates with 112 deaths per 100,000 residents in 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But the economic benefits were clear.

Consider employment trends. After the pandemic hit, it took the United States until February 2022 to reach the same level of employment as in January 2019, the month DeSantis took office. By contrast, Florida had returned to that benchmark nine months earlier, in June 2021....."

Last edited by nonniey; 01-23-2024 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:29 PM   #73
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Man this response shows you are completely ignorant of the actual results of the policies enacted during COVID. The Dem states either had a much higher mortality rate or no better than Florida's. To add insult to injury Florida had more people per Capita that were vulnerable to COVID and yet fewer died there than many Dem run states (NY, NJ, Michigan all being examples). Now combine that with the economic costs and education damage (to the young done to states that closed down) and Florida's Covid polices were exponentially better than the ones chosen by Dem governors. Don't believe me? Ask the liberals on this board or better yet just do some basic google research.
Talk about ignorant, LOL. Florida did better but not why you think. educate yourself.Go back and read the link through this time.

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/ar...ainst-covid-19
Old 01-23-2024, 02:39 PM   #74
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Talk about ignorant, LOL. Florida did better but not why you think. educate yourself.Go back and read the link through this time.

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/ar...ainst-covid-19

I did you obviously didn't. We are talking about the actual policies enacted not the political posturing afterward that DeSantis has taken (anti-vax BS). Your memes were attacks on the policies enacted during COVID which turned out well far better than any Dem state.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:51 PM   #75
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I did you obviously didn't. We are talking about the actual policies enacted not the political posturing afterward that DeSantis has taken (anti-vax BS). Your memes were attacks on the policies enacted during COVID which turned out well far better than any Dem state.
LOL, that's right you like to cherry pick.

"Florida did well because it adopted early aggressive nursing home policies, testing, and gathering restrictions to slow the spread of the virus—at a higher rate than even most states led by Democratic governors—and promoted vaccination among the elderly. These early policies encouraged Floridians to continue to stay home, get vaccinated, and wear masks at a higher rate than the residents of most other U.S. states even after Florida lifted its health mandates. "

"In other words, Florida should not be used as evidence that masks, stay-at-home orders, and vaccines did not matter in this pandemic when the reality is that Floridians continued to adopt them even after DeSantis turned away from them. "

"Medical Freedom and Its Toll on Florida’s Future Pandemic Preparedness
Floridians may not be able to rely on the same level of public vigilance when the next health crisis emerges. DeSantis’s advocacy of medical freedom, especially for younger populations, may be taking a toll on public health more broadly in the Sunshine State.

Between 2020 and 2022, Florida had one of the largest jumps in the nation in its pediatric vaccination exemption rate for students attending school. Before the pandemic, the state was already below the national average for leading pediatric vaccinations. It has since fallen further to a ten-year state low for kindergarten and seventh-grade vaccinations, however. During the pandemic, U.S. seasonal influenza vaccination rates for adults increased nationally to nearly 50 percent but fell in Florida to 40 percent—one of the lowest rates in the country. If these trends persist and extend to other public health measures, the state will be less safe. That is worrisome in a state vulnerable to climate-related health threats, including outbreaks of locally transmitted malaria and dengue fever. "

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/florida

Last edited by Giantone; 01-23-2024 at 06:11 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote