Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Finally, I little respect for "the Danny"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
#56fanatic
The Starter

Finally, I little respect for "the Danny"

3. Dan Snyder, Redskins

I can't believe I'm ranking Snyder this high, and a lot of people I know around the league are going to brutalize me for doing so, but right now Dan is The Man in two big ways: He has turned the franchise he loves into a money-making machine, and his willingness to spend that money in pursuit of victory is second to none. Plus, since his hiring of Joe Gibbs as coach, he has begun to learn to get out of the way on the football side.

Its about time people recognize this guy and his willingness to spend, spend, spend to win. I think he gets a bad rap because of his brash ways in the beginning. Lets all remember, he inherited Norv, went after spurrier the following year but was rejected. Turned to Marty, then found out Spurrier was willing to sign. Spurrier was is first true love and it just didn't work out. I my eyes, he asks the coaching staff what do YOU think you need to win, and he goes and gets it. Joe Gibbs said several years ago if he could work for a guy like that and Joe (with that awful laugh) said he would love to work with him. He gives you what ever you want. I had a hard time getting Jack to spend a dime!. Dan the Man is finally winning over some critics!
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Re: Finally, I little respect for "the Danny"

Where is this from?
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

he made it up.

j/k
Old 06-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

huh??

I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
huh??

I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.
hahahaha i just noticed that.

i guess i can just make up any story about any person and you all will assume it is from some news source

*** THIS JUST IN ***

T.O. caught blowing Parcells at the Cowboys complex on Thursday. More details to follow.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
12thMan
MVP

Hahahaha......this thread is hillllarious!!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
hahahaha i just noticed that.

i guess i can just make up any story about any person and you all will assume it is from some news source

*** THIS JUST IN ***

T.O. caught blowing Parcells at the Cowboys complex on Thursday. More details to follow.
You know, I think that's detailed enough. Let's just leave it at that.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I heard that jerry jones just moved in with Michael Jackson, and andy reid is going to be their pool boy.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
I heard that jerry jones just moved in with Michael Jackson, and andy reid is going to be their pool boy.
you need to make that look like a news story so everybody will believe it.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
3. Dan Snyder, Redskins

I can't believe I'm ranking Snyder this high, and a lot of people I know around the league are going to brutalize me for doing so, but right now Dan is The Man in two big ways: He has turned the franchise he loves into a money-making machine, and his willingness to spend that money in pursuit of victory is second to none. Plus, since his hiring of Joe Gibbs as coach, he has begun to learn to get out of the way on the football side.

Its about time people recognize this guy and his willingness to spend, spend, spend to win. I think he gets a bad rap because of his brash ways in the beginning. Lets all remember, he inherited Norv, went after spurrier the following year but was rejected. Turned to Marty, then found out Spurrier was willing to sign. Spurrier was is first true love and it just didn't work out. I my eyes, he asks the coaching staff what do YOU think you need to win, and he goes and gets it. Joe Gibbs said several years ago if he could work for a guy like that and Joe (with that awful laugh) said he would love to work with him. He gives you what ever you want. I had a hard time getting Jack to spend a dime!. Dan the Man is finally winning over some critics!
Arch-Nemesis #2, you've done it again. (Huddle is Arch-Nemesis #1)

What the hell is this? Where did you get it from? Please provide a link.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
you need to make that look like a news story so everybody will believe it.
Sorry, is this better...

DALLAS (AP) - Pop icon Michael Jackson has returned to the United States after living in the Middle East following his infamous child molestation acquittal and taken up residence in an unlikely home. The former "King of Pop" is currently living with the owner of the widely disliked NFL franchise Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones. When reached for comment Mr. Jones said, "this is something Jacko and I have wanted for a long time, but we had to wait until the heat died down before we could go public."

One way of avoiding the 'heat' for the happy couple will be spending time besides Mr. Jones' star-shaped swimming pool. Jackson has already been photographed wearing a silver and blue rhinestone-studded speedo as he lazily sat poolside with Jones. Likewise, it has been rumored that Jones has taken to wearing a single white glove while walking through the showers at the Cowboy's practice facility. When at the pool Jones and Jacko have been known to mock and tease their newly acquired poolboy, Andy Reid. Following a miserable football season the former head coach of the Philedelphia Eagles, Reid, has said that he wants a new line of work.
"I really wanted something that would let me wear my new banana hammock in public," Reid was quoted as saying in a press conference Monday.

In a related story, infamous Cowboys wide receiver, Terrell Owens, was caught 'manipulating' Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells with his mouth in a storage closet in Texas Stadium. Witness said, "that was the grossest thing I've ever seen."
Old 06-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

HAHA! The white glove is his "fisting" glove.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
Sorry, is this better...

DALLAS (AP) - Pop icon Michael Jackson has returned to the United States after living in the Middle East following his infamous child molestation acquittal and taken up residence in an unlikely home. The former "King of Pop" is currently living with the owner of the widely disliked NFL franchise Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones. When reached for comment Mr. Jones said, "this is something Jacko and I have wanted for a long time, but we had to wait until the heat died down before we could go public."

One way of avoiding the 'heat' for the happy couple will be spending time besides Mr. Jones' star-shaped swimming pool. Jackson has already been photographed wearing a silver and blue rhinestone-studded speedo as he lazily sat poolside with Jones. Likewise, it has been rumored that Jones has taken to wearing a single white glove while walking through the showers at the Cowboy's practice facility. When at the pool Jones and Jacko have been known to mock and tease their newly acquired poolboy, Andy Reid. Following a miserable football season the former head coach of the Philedelphia Eagles, Reid, has said that he wants a new line of work.
"I really wanted something that would let me wear my new banana hammock in public," Reid was quoted as saying in a press conference Monday.

In a related story, infamous Cowboys wide receiver, Terrell Owens, was caught 'manipulating' Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells with his mouth in a storage closet in Texas Stadium. Witness said, "that was the grossest thing I've ever seen."
looks like a good news story to me. very believable
Old 06-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #14
amorentz
Special Teams

Yeah I even Googled little snippets from that blurb in quotes to see if I could find a source...but nothing came up. What an odd thread this has turned out to be.
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #15
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

andy reid in a banana hammock? :vomit: