Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Bruce has a history of poor decisions, especially at the QB position. Poor personnel decisions and clear dysfunction within organization operations all directly affect the W-L Record of the team.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #17
Defensewins
Playmaker

When Bruce said everyone should be judged by their by their record, he did not mean himself, his front office or ownership. His definition of everyone is not everyone. He meant the disposable employees, not himself.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
When Bruce said everyone should be judged by their by their record, he did not mean himself, his front office or ownership. His definition of everyone is not everyone. He meant the disposable employees, not himself.
Exactly. Basically coaches
Old 04-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #19
GridIron26
Playmaker

I think lot of people are underestimating amount of work it takes to build a good team.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Allen is great GM/President but I think he did good job considering the situation Redskins was in during beginning of Allen's time with Redskins. Let's not forget what DYoung said earlier - the cap penalty, RG3 trade that crippled our future, and Shanahan's terrible job with defense. It is difficult to place entire blame on Allen.

Again, I'm not saying Allen is doing fabulous job, he made few mistakes.. But then no one is perfect.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The bottom line, is that the organization looks ... organized. You don't see the owner influencing drafts and trades. The coaching staff seems to be able to coach. And the talent evaluating staff seems to be doing a good job of evaluating talent, and the cost for said talent.

People who want to blow it up now or fire BA or whatever other action, seem to forget how far the Skins had fallen. People might turn to Philly as an example of an organization turning it around in 2 years, but Philly didn't sink as low as the Skins of the 2000's. We are talking Cleveland levels of incompetence.

You can look at the Skins, and see an organization now that seems to "get it". I can agree that if we get stuck at the 8-8 level that evaluations should be made, but even at 8-8 year in year out, that's better than 10 years of being 4th in the division.

IF that means my sights are set too low so be it. I simply want the Skins to be competitive every year, and IF they are, then playoff wins and even SB wins can follow. BUT blowing up an organization that finally is moving away from incompetence to competence is simply asking for a retread fo the late 2000's.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #21
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I heard him say this during his interview with JP Findlay, and honestly I thought it was a jab at Cousins. Which I sort of agree, because everyone seems to focus on his passing stats, but his record was okay, not great. I know a couple of times this past season commentators would allude to Cousins saying that he was having his best year, which was all great for him but it wasn't helping the team win games. But whatever.

Honestly, I'm fine with the front office as they are, especially now that we are past the Cousins fiasco. Only thing I blame them is for not cutting their loses and trading Cousins last off season; but it is what it is.

I think now the pressure is on everyone IMO to improve after the last two seasons.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The bottom line, is that the organization looks ... organized. You don't see the owner influencing drafts and trades. The coaching staff seems to be able to coach. And the talent evaluating staff seems to be doing a good job of evaluating talent, and the cost for said talent.

People who want to blow it up now or fire BA or whatever other action, seem to forget how far the Skins had fallen. People might turn to Philly as an example of an organization turning it around in 2 years, but Philly didn't sink as low as the Skins of the 2000's. We are talking Cleveland levels of incompetence.

You can look at the Skins, and see an organization now that seems to "get it". I can agree that if we get stuck at the 8-8 level that evaluations should be made, but even at 8-8 year in year out, that's better than 10 years of being 4th in the division.

IF that means my sights are set too low so be it. I simply want the Skins to be competitive every year, and IF they are, then playoff wins and even SB wins can follow. BUT blowing up an organization that finally is moving away from incompetence to competence is simply asking for a retread fo the late 2000's.
I'm not doubting Allen's ability to organize the organization.

He's also responsible for building the team. Williams and Gruden answer to him.

If he's insinuating that both of them be held accountable for the W-L record but he's exempt because he brings stability, I'm calling BS.

Seahawks and Eagles are both recent examples of teams that went from mediocre to SB wins in under 5 years. Meanwhile here we are 5 years later from the start of Gruden (not of Allen) hoping we take the next step this year.

Are you satisfied with being the Bengals Cred?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #23
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Bruce Allen blows donkey balls and should be fired. He is a disgrace to the Redskins....
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm not doubting Allen's ability to organize the organization.

He's also responsible for building the team. Williams and Gruden answer to him.

If he's insinuating that both of them be held accountable for the W-L record but he's exempt because he brings stability, I'm calling BS.

Seahawks and Eagles are both recent examples of teams that went from mediocre to SB wins in under 5 years. Meanwhile here we are 5 years later from the start of Gruden (not of Allen) hoping we take the next step this year.

Are you satisfied with being the Bengals Cred?
I am happier to be the Bengals then the Browns, which is where we were at.

I think the organization is more stable then it ever has been under Snyder, and that's a great thing because I believe that a stable organization is important to long term success.

I will be happier if Gruden shakes off the last bit of struggles he has as a head coach, and we find a way to keep our players healthy. I remember the Oakland game last year. I think if Gruden gets better at early season motivation, and our players stay healthy, we have the talent to see several of those games a year, and for that to become the new expectation.

But I don't ever EVER EVER want to go back to Cleveland style dysfunction.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #25
Defensewins
Playmaker

I don't care if Bruce Allen is or isn't an asshole. If we win he can be a complete asshole.
However using Allen's very own words and his "measurable" about being graded I feel Allen falls short:
2013 3-13
2014 4-12

January 2015 Scot McCloughan is hired.

2015 9-7
2016 8-7-1

After 2016 season McCloughan fired

Allen running the team
2017 7-9

The trend is a concern for me.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

^ Thing is Allen’s role was the same before McCloughan, during, and now after
Old 04-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #27
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ Thing is Allen’s role was the same before McCloughan, during, and now after
Ditto!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Last year we were 7-9 due to ridiculous injuries. It was a good year to even get 7

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Last year we were 7-9 due to ridiculous injuries. It was a good year to even get 7

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Let"s see how this season goes. I think AS is enough of an upgrade - in Gruden's system - to think we should be a strong playoff contender. Yes the draft will help fortify some weaknesses but our team showed resilence and when healthy, the ability to play with any team except maybe Philly.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Let"s see how this season goes. I think AS is enough of an upgrade - in Gruden's system - to think we should be a strong playoff contender. Yes the draft will help fortify some weaknesses but our team showed resilence and when healthy, the ability to play with any team except maybe Philly.
We sucked against the Div, that is my main concern. 1-5 vs the East? Not going to cut it. Hopefully that changes this yr.