https://www.google.com/amp/s/nflspin...eally-way/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Bruce Allen Out?

It just seems so hard to believe that Snyder would ever move on from Bruce. We've had so many embarrassments and failures while Bruce has been here. I want him gone like everyone else but i just don't see it happening.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Does he have a job for life or something? Of course he’ll move on at some point. Did we really need another Bruce thread when there’s really nothing new to talk about?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Nothing new here. Same rumor that has been floating around for about a month.

To me, Allen was an improvement from Cerrato who was awful in every way and, in my mind, created a culture of front office power games and splashy signings that undermined and drove away quality talent - both on the field and in the personnel department.

Allen came and added a sense of fiscal responsibility that had been lacking. Also, I do not think that he actively cultivated a backstabbing corporate culture in the front office - as I firmly believe Cerrato did. Rather, when he arrived, I think Allen just accepted the Skin's crappy corporate culture as standard operating procedure and never did anything to root out the cover-your-ass, me-first culture Cerrato created/fostered. In fact, I actually think that Allen never even recognized such attitudes as a problem. Instead, Allen was concerned with making sure that, when things went right, he was the guy getting the credit and that, outside of Snyder, he was seen as the real mover and shaker of the team.

I think the most telling description of Allen is one I have seen repeated often - as the son of George Allen, Bruce Allen started his football life on third base and, after reaching home on a throwing error, he was convinced that he had hit a home run. This is a guy who is certain he knows the right way to do things but that conviction is simply not supported by an objective view of the facts.

Allen has had his shot and made some improvements. Ultimately, however, he has not significantly improved the team or turned it into a well-run operation that is consistently competitive with the league's top teams. At this point, Allen simply brings nothing new to the table that will shift the existing paradigm. Beyond the knee-jerk "Allen is an idiot" calls, I think this is the most imperative reason for him to leave - he has shot his wad and come up short.

I hope he is on his way out and that a new culture of accountability is created where both on-the-field and off-the-field talent is recognized and rewarded. For this to happen, however, Allen needs to go. I am hoping that all the signs (Kyle Smith as GM, the new COO, the Allen/Jon Gruden connection) are more than just smoke and that this is the last season where we worry about "winning the offseason."

Thanks for your help Bruce, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Does he have a job for life or something? Of course he’ll move on at some point. Did we really need another Bruce thread when there’s really nothing new to talk about?
No, but it's the downest down time of the off-season and we are all scrambling for crumbs of football discussion to feed our addictions.

Essentially, it's the methadone phase of the off-season so cut a guy some slack as he tries to get his football fix.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #6
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Lefemina comes to Washington with a sterling reputation. He’s worked for the league office the last eight years and much of his expertise revolves around the fan experience, ticket strategy and stadium development. Allen, of course, is well-connected politically in Virginia with his brother a former state governor and senator has been leading that project for years.
Bruce is a politician hired to get Snyder some land for a stadium.
Lefemina specializes in stadium development.

Is it safe to say that they've worked out a stadium location so Bruce's work is done?

Hopefully Lefemina can design RFK v2.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
you're right, ill get the Final Final Final Finally Last Cousins Thread going...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #8
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
you're right, ill get the Final Final Final Finally Last Cousins Thread going...
and the "this is really final" RGIII thread....