Dropped Passes

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #46
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Re: Dropped Passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Tom Brady is having a career year in a two tight end system with a very limited running game. We on the other hand are sending out guys like Galloway and Williams to catch passes.

Brady is haveing a good year in 2010. But if you think this is his career year when compared to the 18-1 season, you need to look more closely...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #47
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD1980 View Post
i dont think nobody will be let go. shanahan does not release wide receivers as fast as he does running backs. they will be back. Only person on this team that needs to go is Heyer.

If you believe that the other 52 players on the rooster can stay for next season and things will get significantly better, you are living in a delusion.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #48
tmandoug1
Special Teams

How come I hear nothing of the grining guy as he underthrows, overthrows, leads to far and throws over the head all of the time. i am tired of seeing that sh-- eating grin when he blows an obvious touchdown pass. Yes we have dropped passes but damn he misses reads and throws like a girl somtimes. Just my thoughts.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
How come I hear nothing of the grining guy as he underthrows, overthrows, leads to far and throws over the head all of the time. i am tired of seeing that sh-- eating grin when he blows an obvious touchdown pass. Yes we have dropped passes but damn he misses reads and throws like a girl somtimes. Just my thoughts.
I agree! We need to cut that Sexy Rexy Grossman before he gets clocked and fumbles away another game as soon as possible! Backup quarterback of the future my ass.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Not sure I've seen McNabb smiling after blowing a score.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #51
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not sure I've seen McNabb smiling after blowing a score.
I've seen it. It wasn't the "hahaha, I love not scoring touchdowns" kind of smile, it was more of the "present a good face while keeping the disappointment bottled up inside you" kind of smile.

But in the end do you know what that means? It means McNabb doesn't take this game seriously, and is content not throwing touchdowns and having a 12 to 15 touchdown-interception ratio. He gots to go!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #52
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I've seen it. It wasn't the "hahaha, I love not scoring touchdowns" kind of smile, it was more of the "present a good face while keeping the disappointment bottled up inside you" kind of smile.

But in the end do you know what that means? It means McNabb doesn't take this game seriously, and is content not throwing touchdowns and having a 12 to 15 touchdown-interception ratio. He gots to go!
Amazing how many good QB's look bad once they slip on the B&G. I bet 90% of the guys that called for Campbell's head would love to have him back after the way he's been playing this season.

Sad thing is, if he did come back, he would revert right back to how he played while here the 1st time.

It can't be that all our QB's suck. It's something else.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Amazing how many good QB's look bad once they slip on the B&G. I bet 90% of the guys that called for Campbell's head would love to have him back after the way he's been playing this season.

Sad thing is, if he did come back, he would revert right back to how he played while here the 1st time.

Agreed. What's most concerning to me is the fact that McNabb has thrown a pick in 10 straight games. Even Campbell never did that bad. And some of those picks were just legit bone headed decisions, like staring down Terrell Thomas in the end zone last week. I do blame a couple of those picks on the receivers though, like the ball hitting Moss right between the shoulder pads and it popping up and one of the Vikes catching it. That's on Moss.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Dropped TD:

Old 12-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #55
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

I was curious:

JC 2010 = 9 games, 114/206 (55.3%), 1439yds, 8 TDs, 6 INTs, 78.1 rating, 138 rush yds, 1 rush TD, 9 fumbles (1 lost)

DM 2010 = 12 games, 253/437 (57.9%), 3149 yds (wow, already?), 12 TDs, 15 INTs (ouch), 75.2 rating, 151 rush yds, 10 fumbles (1 lost)

JC after Week 13 last season:
244/370 (65.9%), 2,724 yds, 15 TD, 12 INT, 87.7 rating, 159 rush yds

Seemed much more efficient...hate to say it. :cheeky-sm Never thought I'd have to.

source:
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post636022

Old 12-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #56
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Moss with another critical drop in the 4th that looked like if he catches it he splits the defenders and goes td.Didnt see the game live so I dont know if we had any other drops but that one hurt.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #57
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

never mind
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #58
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Moss with another critical drop in the 4th that looked like if he catches it he splits the defenders and goes td.Didnt see the game live so I dont know if we had any other drops but that one hurt.
He was having a good game and had to drop that pass. It was the difference in the game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #59
MTK
\m/

The drop was huge but perhaps if the D could have made some stops in the first half we wouldn't have been down by 20 to start with. Or if we didn't give up big return after big return giving them prime field position.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #60
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
that drop really hurt, but in his defense I think it was harder than it looked, his feet had just gotten tangled up w/Jenkins a little. What made me more frustrated w/that drive was the all pass playcalling when before they were mixing it up quite well.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote