Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #46
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,571
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Next year we should have lots of cap space after getting rid of Williams, Norman, Reid, Davis, possibly Thompson. We can resign Scherff and get some FAís.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-arent-playing
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #47
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,471
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Detroit is not a terrible team. They've been in every single game this year, and besides their loss to Minnesota (by 12), all their losses have been by one score. And they haven't missed a beat without Stafford.

It was a good win, period. Great ST, Good DEF, Not so great OFF. I'll take it! I'd rather have a win, however you want to paint it.

Haskins wasn't great. Not even close. I am concerned with his accuracy. He's had an issue sailing the ball over his receivers, as that was an identified weakness coming out of college. Hopefully he can fix that with a good QB coach, and practice. Time will tell.
What? They had 4 turnovers. Not so great offense, how about 230 net yards against a bottom feeder defense? Once again the offense doesn't score a TD. Haskins right now is the worst starting QB in the NFL by a country mile.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,527
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Haskins best 2 minutes were in the last two minutes and led a game tying and game winning drive. If fans can't take positives from that then you are too jaded (rightly so)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #49
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,516
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What? They had 4 turnovers. Not so great offense, how about 230 net yards against a bottom feeder defense? Once again the offense doesn't score a TD. Haskins right now is the worst starting QB in the NFL by a country mile.
Again, you missed my point with regard to Stafford and his replacement. But that's ok.

And in this league a win is a win. Each week is hard. You don't get bonus points at the end of the season based on the "quality" of your opponents.

Definitely not on board me with your assessment that Haskins is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Try to enjoy the W.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #50
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,723
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Haskins best 2 minutes were in the last two minutes and led a game tying and game winning drive. If fans can't take positives from that then you are too jaded (rightly so)
But if you're going to give credit for that, you have to rake him over the coals for putting himself in that position in the first place. He missed so many open throws, a bunch to McLaurin who had separated in the end zone. Three of those FGs should have been TDs, but Haskins missed the throw.

If your kid throws a party in your house, should you praise him for cleaning it up the next day? All he did was put things back the way they should have been all along.

Terry McLaurin, Kelvin Harmon, the defense, and Steven Sims & the special teams played winning football. Haskins was almost the reason that was all undone.

You have to keep it in perspective, he had the opportunity to win that game by double digits but because of his shitty accuracy, he didn't. He got away with that game.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,627
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Maybe, we'll never know. My point was that all their games have been decided by one score or less. That didn't change after Stafford got hurt. They also have 3 losses and a tie WITH Stafford...



It's a W. Hate it if you want to.


Does it matter who they played or is an L an L? Because losing to the Chiefs, Packers, and Vikings is vastly different than losing to the Bears and Redskins imo. Matthew Stafford wins those two games without a shadow of a doubt. Sorry I will let you get back to your victory formation. Lol.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,627
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
But if you're going to give credit for that, you have to rake him over the coals for putting himself in that position in the first place. He missed so many open throws, a bunch to McLaurin who had separated in the end zone. Three of those FGs should have been TDs, but Haskins missed the throw.



If your kid throws a party in your house, should you praise him for cleaning it up the next day? All he did was put things back the way they should have been all along.



Terry McLaurin, Kelvin Harmon, the defense, and Steven Sims & the special teams played winning football. Haskins was almost the reason that was all undone.



You have to keep it in perspective, he had the opportunity to win that game by double digits but because of his shitty accuracy, he didn't. He got away with that game.


Letís not forget he showed up late, and was taking fucking selfies and Keenum had to get in the game to finish. Those two things actually piss me off more than his play and they are probably directly attributable to it....
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #53
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,471
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Again, you missed my point with regard to Stafford and his replacement. But that's ok.

And in this league a win is a win. Each week is hard. You don't get bonus points at the end of the season based on the "quality" of your opponents.

Definitely not on board me with your assessment that Haskins is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Try to enjoy the W.
Who is worse?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #54
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,685
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

If you're more pissed off about the selfie and showing up 2.5 hours before the game (sorry, not late) than his actual play on the field (which leaves plenty to be desired) I really think you're looking at this all wrong.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #55
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,733
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Who is worse?
I would say Mason Rudolph, but he just got benched this week.

How about Ryan Finley? No, wait, also benched.

How about Ryan Fitzpatrick? He was benched earlier this season though, but he reclaimed his starting gig on the "grass is greener" logic.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #56
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,471
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I would say Mason Rudolph, but he just got benched this week.

How about Ryan Finley? No, wait, also benched.

How about Ryan Fitzpatrick? He was benched earlier this season though, but he reclaimed his starting gig on the "grass is greener" logic.
Those guys are BACKUPS, not considered starters. I said he was by far the worst starting QB.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #57
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,471
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If you're more pissed off about the selfie and showing up 2.5 hours before the game (sorry, not late) than his actual play on the field (which leaves plenty to be desired) I really think you're looking at this all wrong.
Not really, it shows he lacks the focus and dedication to quickly improve all the areas where it is needed. What do you think would happen if he played for New England and he was celebrating with fans before the game was over?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #58
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,685
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

FFS with this already




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #59
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,733
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Those guys are BACKUPS, not considered starters. I said he was by far the worst starting QB.
Oh my bad, Finley started last week and for several weeks before that because their previous starting qb was benched for poor play. I guess that doesn't count?

Fitzpatrick has also been starting for the last several weeks due to their original starter being garbage. I guess that doesn't count either.

You need to clarify, is he the worst starting quarterback out of the 32 starting quarterbacks as of last week, or is he the worst out of all the future-long term starters in the league?

Do you exclude guys like Josh Rosen and Andy Dalton on your list because they played their way out of the starting role (and in Dalton's case back into the starting role because the backup qb was also garbage?)

When you say starting quarterback that generally implies he is the worst out of all 32 starting quarterbacks on a weekly basis.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:35 PM   #60
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,516
Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Who is worse?
Plenty who are worse...some names have already been mentioned. I think he's showing improvement in a lot of areas. Accuracy is his biggest issue at this point, but he's definitely not a country mile worse than ALL other starting QBs in the league, currently starting, benched, hurt, or otherwise.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.10871 seconds with 10 queries