Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Homecoming / Houston Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Homecoming / Houston Thread

On to the Texans,

The players are begging for a packed stadium and to get loud.

SVP also chimes in.

Bottom line is this team is 6-3, playing against a 6-3 team in Mid November. When was the last time the Redskins were 7-3 you may ask?

1991!

I wish I could make the drive down to this game and cheer. (went to last years homecoming and it sucked) .

When you have guys like JNO, AD , CT etc. asking for the crowd to be loud, go out there and help these guys feed on that.

HTTR.

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

If we were healthy I think this would be a tough game,as it is seems like a win for the Texans to me.I just dont see how this line is going to protect Smith from Watt and Clowney.On top of that,Texans have added a legit #2 receiver in Thomas{who has now had 2 weeks of practice to prepare for us}and if Coutee suits up and plays he's been pretty good out of the slot.
One saving grace is I think O'Brien is a shittier coach than Gruden,but O'Brien has smartened up that past few weeks and has Watson dropping back less and the Texans have found their running game.
Hopefully the week off has taken Houston out of their groove,but on the flip side it's allowed some of their players{like Coutee}to get healthy and Thomas to get acclimated.Not going to predict a score,but I will be very pleasantly surprised if we win this one.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Home crowd better be rocking, 6-3, first place in the division, if people can't get hyped for this one just burn your fan card now.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Vegas has the Skins as a 3 point underdog, time to earn some respect. HTTR
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
If we were healthy I think this would be a tough game,as it is seems like a win for the Texans to me.I just dont see how this line is going to protect Smith from Watt and Clowney.On top of that,Texans have added a legit #2 receiver in Thomas{who has now had 2 weeks of practice to prepare for us}and if Coutee suits up and plays he's been pretty good out of the slot.
One saving grace is I think O'Brien is a shittier coach than Gruden,but O'Brien has smartened up that past few weeks and has Watson dropping back less and the Texans have found their running game.
Hopefully the week off has taken Houston out of their groove,but on the flip side it's allowed some of their players{like Coutee}to get healthy and Thomas to get acclimated.Not going to predict a score,but I will be very pleasantly surprised if we win this one.
It will be tough no doubt, but the texans struggle against teams that can stop the run and make u pass.

Titans
Dallas
Jags.

In fact they have only scored over 20 points in 3 games so their O isn't a high powered machine. Contain Watson's mobility and shadow Dhop. We are lucky Fuller is out.

Skins win this one at homecoming with a crazy crowd

23-20
Old 11-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It will be tough no doubt, but the texans struggle against teams that can stop the run and make u pass.

Titans
Dallas
Jags.

In fact they have only scored over 20 points in 3 games so their O isn't a high powered machine. Contain Watson's mobility and shadow Dhop. We are lucky Fuller is out.

Skins win this one at homecoming with a crazy crowd

23-20
LOL the skins have only scored over 20 in 3 games also,and the Texans have scored 40 more points then us.Contain Watson? We couldnt even contain Ryan Fitz!
Old 11-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL the skins have only scored over 20 in 3 games also,and the Texans have scored 40 more points then us.Contain Watson? We couldnt even contain Ryan Fitz!
Yeah but Deshaun has 2 ACL's in his young career. Big difference. He hasn't ran as much this yr either, I do love the kid as a QB though. He's a franchise guy for the next 10 years if he stays healthy. Yes I know we have not scored much either so I'm thinking it's another UGLY game
Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Houston are real deal no doubt, but I have more confidence than I did against Atlanta/New Orleans.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #9
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If we beat Houston, I don't care if we give up 2000 yards and win 2-0.

This game is a great test. Hopefully the crowd can show up.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #10
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah but Deshaun has 2 ACL's in his young career. Big difference. He hasn't ran as much this yr either, I do love the kid as a QB though. He's a franchise guy for the next 10 years if he stays healthy. Yes I know we have not scored much either so I'm thinking it's another UGLY game
Well he was having to run for his life earlier this season,their off line was playing bad,but like I said earlier they have found a balance and their line is playing better.The thing that scares me about Watson is if we are able to get pressure on him he is very capable of escaping it even with the 2 knee injuries.He's also capable of throwing 5 td passes in any given game,the Skins do not have that capability.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well he was having to run for his life earlier this season,their off line was playing bad,but like I said earlier they have found a balance and their line is playing better.The thing that scares me about Watson is if we are able to get pressure on him he is very capable of escaping it even with the 2 knee injuries.He's also capable of throwing 5 td passes in any given game,the Skins do not have that capability.
For sure.

If we get down by 7 for god sakes we never come back so its highly important to start out fast. If they drive the ball on us and get 7 early it could be a long day.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #12
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Empty seats and fan apathy goes much deeper than wins and losses. The current players and coaches can't be expected to understand how badly fans have been treated at Fedex Field by Dan Snyder and his stooges. There are many formerly rabid Redskins fans who truly hate Dan Snyder for what he has done to them, personally. It goes way back. Here is a portion of an article about such ill-treatment of fans written by Dan Steinberg of the WaPost in 2009:

"And now it's Mike Broderick, a longtime season ticket holder, who came to the Chiefs game with Dumb and Dumber (Snyder and Ceratto) signs, attracting a security official who threatened to seize his season tickets. The guard told Broderick he could either go to the security office, leave the stadium, or hand over the signs. So Broderick asked if he could put the image on a t-shirt instead.

'That would be kind of offensive,' the security official said.

'It's offensive to come to these games,' Broderick said he replied.

Broderick gave up the signs, and came back on Monday Night with new signs hidden under his jacket, and with t-shirts to match. The signs were about to be taken, as NFL Network cameras rolled live, and Broderick showed the security guy the team's old policy, printed in his telephone yellow pages, which he had brought as proof. Policy's been changed, he was told. Eventually, he said, security also made him turn his t-shirt inside-out, calling P.G. cops in for support. He said I could use his name, because his frustration overwhelms any fear of losing his seats.

'I'm to the point where I can't even give the stupid tickets away because people are so frustrated,' he said."

And there has been so much more disrespect and even bullying of fans, as described above in one case, throughout Snyder's tenure as owner. The negative feelings toward Snyder still linger today among some of those who were once among the most rabid of Skins fans but who now won't go to games because of their contempt for the team's owner.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #13
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If we beat Houston, I don't care if we give up 2000 yards and win 2-0.

This game is a great test. Hopefully the crowd can show up.
I love these grind out a win by any means possible games. I am old school, I wish they would bring back the head slap and the single bar face masks for QBs and kickers.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #14
Back2RFK
Special Teams

We have this big game and my daughter has a sports awards thing at 3 on Sunday. Who the hell has a sports award thing on Sunday and why would a cheerleader need to attend. She is 11, I guess she is going to get a participation award.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
We have this big game and my daughter has a sports awards thing at 3 on Sunday. Who the hell has a sports award thing on Sunday and why would a cheerleader need to attend. She is 11, I guess she is going to get a participation award.
In Oklahoma most of their youth sports are on Sundays , so when I moved to NY and found out they are played Saturdays I was pumped.