Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Current 2014 Free Agents

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #961
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

There is a second wave of free agency, and probably a 3rd and a 4th, when teams who signed the first wave release players, and also after the draft. There won't be the elite Safeties out there, but I hope we will find a couple guys to bring in and let competition sort out a line up. It would be nice to see Rambo make a good jump forward with a year under his belt. I may have burgundy glasses, but it did seem like he got better after he came back from the benching.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #962
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
alright...now I am getting hot!!!! Bruce Allen you are tarnishing your family name!!!! WE HAVE Huuuge holes!!
Put the poison down sir...... It is not worth it.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #963
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Allen said that we would sign about 20 players. We've signed 4 new ones. So, patience.

We know that we likely won't have an elite new corner or safety. But we can still find passable ones.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #964
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
alright...now I am getting hot!!!! Bruce Allen you are tarnishing your family name!!!! WE HAVE Huuuge holes!!
How is not signing the Haynesworths of the world tarnishing his family name?

There is still a lot of players out there, plus the draft, plus the vets released after the draft and in training camp.

It seems the emphasis is to build through the draft, and if thats the case, thats the best news this organization has had in a long time.

The only move I question so far is not going for Schwartz instead of the guy we got from the Browns. But even then, time will tell.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #965
Tha Posse
Special Teams

Any news on Carlos Rogers or Chris Clemons?

-Albert Haynesworth
Tha Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #966
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There is a second wave of free agency, and probably a 3rd and a 4th, when teams who signed the first wave release players, and also after the draft. There won't be the elite Safeties out there, but I hope we will find a couple guys to bring in and let competition sort out a line up. It would be nice to see Rambo make a good jump forward with a year under his belt. I may have burgundy glasses, but it did seem like he got better after he came back from the benching.
I am still under the impression that Phillip Thomas will start at either SS or FS next year, and we still have the draft but at the same time we have:

Richard Crawford (High on him)
David Amerson
The guy everyone has a crush on Chase Minnifield
Jose Gumbs
Baccari Rambo in his 2nd year could improve

We have young guys out there, maybe we shouldn't try to shoot up Redskins Park just yet.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #967
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Are you implying that Mr. Allen is promiscuous. Do I need to challenge you to a duel?

Quote:
Promiscuity, in human sexual behaviour, is the practice of having casual sex frequently with different partners or of being indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners. Wikipedia

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #968
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I am still under the impression that Phillip Thomas will start at either SS or FS next year, and we still have the draft but at the same time we have:

Richard Crawford (High on him)
David Amerson
The guy everyone has a crush on Chase Minnifield
Jose Gumbs
Baccari Rambo in his 2nd year could improve

We have young guys out there, maybe we shouldn't try to shoot up Redskins Park just yet.
Yeah I'm hoping our youth comes to play. Chase has had two years to rest that leg should be fully recovered.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #969
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Bills signed CB Corey Graham to a four-year, $16 million contract.

The Bills outbid the Redskins for Graham, a Buffalo native that is entering his age-29 season. It's a lot to pay for a versatile nickel corner and special teamer, but Graham has been highly effective for the Ravens over the last two years. He appeared in all 16 games in 2013, grading out as a top-15 slot corner by Pro Football Focus. Graham projects as the No. 3 corner behind Leodis McKelvin and Stephon Gilmore. Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter Mar 12 - 5:32 PM
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #970
los panda
Pro Bowl

depending on how they hold up over the next several seasons, allen and ware each have a realistic shot at breaking the all time sack record.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #971
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
#patience

#2daysdoesnotaseasonmake
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #972
Kindoy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
the lions, bears and ravens all overpaid their QBs, so yeah, i'd say it's hurt them all a bit.
Not sure the alternative would've been any better though
Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #973
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Posse View Post
Any news on Carlos Rogers or Chris Clemons?
Think the jags are on Clemons, Rogers just dropped something and if I'm right you next question would be about Jason Campbell or Ryan Clark?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #974
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Think the jags are on Clemons, Rogers just dropped something and if I'm right you next question would be about Jason Campbell or Ryan Clark?
Somewhere in a parallel universe we're all talking about how the Skins plan to move on from the Patrick Ramsey era. After all at 35 years old and multiple pro bowls the Skins need to have a plan. We don't want to end up like the Browns this off-season who saw future first ballot hall of famer Tim Couch retire after a string of concussions saw him miss half of last season.

Oh yeah Jamarcus Russell is also a spokesman for multiple GNC products while Andrew Luck has started to eat himself out of the league.

Also former hedge fund billionaire Gregg Williams accepted a plea deal last year after an investigation by special prosecutor Bernie Madoff found him guilty of insider trading and tax evasion as well as coordinating efforts to pump and dump various stocks in exchange for off the books bonuses. Williams still maintains that the employees were the ones that arranged the pump and dump scheme as well as the payouts.

Redskins head coach Steve Spurrier took a swipe at Cowboys head coach Mike Shanahan for spending too much time on the golf course instead of watching film.

Giants owner John Mara still blames the Redskins ownership group for salary cap sanctions imposed on the Giants and Eagles the previous two offseasons.

Meanwile Enron recently set a new stock market record with a share price of $1392.58 beating the previous high set by Lycos. Atari recently saw their stock price drop to $639.58 as they start to loose their grip on the smart phone market.

Ethisphere is currently set to name Comcast as the worlds most ethical company for the third consecutive year narrowly beating out Electronic Arts whose Orgin platform and staunch positions against microtransactions have made them the darlings of the gaming community.

President Nader will make a statement later tonight in response to the South Korea's aggressive stance and threats of nuclear strikes against the North.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 03-12-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote