Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Yes but towards next season. We have a good offense but look at our situation and his history. His D been an outrage his fa this year and last was awful we have a cap issue.we have rg3 and im sure with the moneu we have we can hire a pretty good OC but we need a real vip FO GM to help us.
We wont make the playoff but id only kwep him because of the offebse so he beeds to sgow next year how to improve thia D much better.

Ill wait i dont like shanny but the O is doing better.
I tried to get this drunk but didn't quite have it in me

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Uh, if the receivers drop double digit passes - passes that were right in the hands/bread basket - then who the heck do you think should get the blame?
The guys that agreed to bring him on the team.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I don't think firing him during the season would help. I don't even know if he should be fired after the season. I don't know, I really wanna give the guy the benefit of the doubt but I'm seeing very little in the way of whole team improvement. The team is practically the same as last year except now we actually have a quarterback. It's like throwing a new gloss of paint on an old shitty car; It looks nice at first but then you realize it's still your same old shitty car.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Kope
Special Teams

I dont think we need to fire Shanahan.

I will say today is more embarassing than any other game for me as a redskins fan (I date back to just pre JG I); tied with the day I had to watch a Dallas lineman drag our QB across the field and our linemen watched. DHall is exactly what is wrong with this team. A selfish player who cares more about people seeing him angry on TV than he does about winning. Get anyone to play in his spot. He should never play another down for the skins. His actions were as immature as I can remember seeing in the NFL. Get more Paulsons, more Morris', Reilys, Montgomerys, Lichtensteigers and we will start to win again. What a Jack Ass.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
The guys that agreed to bring him on the team.
Oh, I see. So, who are you firing for bringing in Santana Moss?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #21
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I don't think firing him during the season would help. I don't even know if he should be fired after the season. I don't know, I really wanna give the guy the benefit of the doubt but I'm seeing very little in the way of whole team improvement. The team is practically the same as last year except now we actually have a quarterback. It's like throwing a new gloss of paint on an old shitty car; It looks nice at first but then you realize it's still your same old shitty car.
Rg3 and morris are the best move shanny done in three years. Our O is good enough to win the divison but the D is one of the worst in history.

I mean the saints O been good but played in a shitty divison and won by a bad D but mt god our D is flat out the worst i ever seen. Sadly the browns too will score 24 atleast.
and wasnt our run D suppose to be top 5 ? . Shanny has one more year but he neess haz fired please.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

My plan in a nutshell, I would fire Haslett right after the season and get the best available DC in here, and I would focus free agency and the draft on totally revamping the secondary.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Yes but towards next season. We have a good offense but look at our situation and his history. His D been an outrage his fa this year and last was awful we have a cap issue.we have rg3 and im sure with the moneu we have we can hire a pretty good OC but we need a real vip FO GM to help us.
We wont make the playoff but id only kwep him because of the offebse so he beeds to sgow next year how to improve thia D much better.

Ill wait i dont like shanny but the O is doing better.
Posting under the influence is a crime punishable by a $2500 fine as well as suspension of posting priveleges for up to/more 6 months. What does the defendant have to say for himself?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
My plan in a nutshell, I would fire Haslett right after the season and get the best available DC in here, and I would focus free agency and the draft on totally revamping the secondary.
Yes...
these are some steps a reasonable organization trying to build for the future looks to. Cashing in your chips and starting over again makes you the Raiders....
Old 10-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #25
44ever

Quote:
Oh, I see. So, who are you firing for bringing in Santana Moss?
It was sarcasm... I couldn't care less if they fire him or not. The Skins will never be a great team. Well not for a long time anyway...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I'd like to join your nutshell sir, that sounds like a decent start. I would look to young up-and-comers for the defensive side of the ball too, doesn't matter if they're 3-4 or 4-3 guys, as long as they have the right pedigree. If that means switching back to a 4-3 I'm alright with that, we'd already have a good pair of bookend DE's in Kerrigan and Rak, plus I'd be more comfortable with Cofield as a DT in a 4-3. Let Riley take over the middle, slide K. Robinson and someone else to outside 'backers and then overhaul our secondary in FA.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
That's the most obvious fix, but I love how Redskins fans' version of fixing the team is equal to amputating a limb to heal a scratch.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I did not expect someone like you to start this thread. I say no, let Shanny have his 5 years since he did say that it WILL take 5 years to complete the rebuilding.
What we saw today is not fixable in two years. Especially with the cap hit and no first round picks. Shanny shouldnt be fired today if that is the question because who the hell is going to take over now? If we go 6-10 this year (which is seeming like a challenge at this point) than i think it is worth serious consideration. I mean his overall record for the last ten years and complete lack of post season appearances are going to warrant the thought for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #29
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
That's the most obvious fix, but I love how Redskins fans' version of fixing the team is equal to amputating a limb to heal a scratch.
"I broke my finger"
"Take off the whole arm!"

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #30
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
"I broke my finger"
"Take off the whole arm!"
LOL! Exactly!